9 Most Wanted Civs Post BNW

Brennan1214

Chieftain
Since the expansions seem to come in groups of 9 civs, what would be your picks?

Mine would be:

Australia

Canada

Hungary

Israel

Kongo

Sumeria

Switzerland

Tibet

Vietnam

Sumer (returning veteran)
Hittites (returning veteran)
Khazaria or the Timurids (Silk Road civ)
Kongo (central Africa representative)
Khmer (returning veteran)
Vietnam (SE Asia representative)
Gran Colombia (South America representative)
Mapuche (South American Native representative)
Yugoslavia (Eastern European representative)

Basically a nice geographical spread while bringing back most of the veteran civs. HRE should sit out until other all-encompassing civs get similar splits (Chinese dynasties, etc). Mali shared too many cities with Songhai. And I feel another South American native group is more important for a good geographical spread than the return of the Sioux.

Vietnam is basically covered by Siam.

That's not even close to true? Pretty sure the Sukhothai Kingdom never controlled Vietnam. The Chinese controlled the area for most of history, though that ended in the 10th century AD. I'm sure the members here who know more about East Asian history would be able to go into more detail.

Scythia
Viet Nam
Serbia
Thrace
Phoenicia
Palestine

So... many... choices...:mad:

If I had to pick, it would probably involve a ton of dark horses, such as Haiti, Scotland and Croatia. Put Canada in there as well, and possibly the Pueblo, if the reason was just the language, as I'm sure there has to be another one they could use. Hungary as well, to give Eastern Europe a bit more flavour, and probably the Aborigines as well. Chuck in the Hebrews and the Hittites as well, and that would be a fairly good combination.

Other civs that I'd be willing to have in my game: A lot.

So... many... choices...:mad:

If I had to pick, it would probably involve a ton of dark horses, such as Haiti, Scotland and Croatia. Put Canada in there as well, and possibly the Pueblo, if the reason was just the language, as I'm sure there has to be another one they could use. Hungary as well, to give Eastern Europe a bit more flavour, and probably the Aborigines as well. Chuck in the Hebrews and the Hittites as well, and that would be a fairly good combination.

Other civs that I'd be willing to have in my game: A lot.

Why Haiti, or Aborigines?

Ancient:
- Akkad
- Elam
- Guti
- Harappa
- Hittite
- Israel
- Minoan
- Mitanni
- Sumer

Hellenistic:
- Armenia
- Epirus
- Lydia
- Macedon
- Maurya
- Median
- Pontus
- Seleucid
- Thrace

Classical:
- Aksum
- Dacia
- Ghana
- Numidia
- Parthia
- Sassanid
- Scythia
- Suebi
- Xiongnu

Early Medieval:
- Avars
- Burgundians
- Gokturks
- Lombards
- Normandy
- Ostrogoths
- Saxons
- Tibet
- Vandals

Middle Medieval:
- Apache
- Aymara
- Bulgaria
- Cheyenne
- Hungary
- Kievan Rus'
- Mali
- Ojibwe
- Shawnee

Late Medieval:
- Chagatai
- Genoa
- Milan
- Kazakh
- Khmer
- Scotland
- Timurid
- Uzbeks
- Vietnam

Exploration:
- Bohemia
- Burma
- Champa
- Florence
- Kongo
- Nepal
- Sioux
- Swahili
- Tupi

Industrial:
- Afghanistan
- Argentina
- Azerbaijan
- Bolivia
- Chile
- Inuit
- Mexico
- Sikh
- Venezuela

Modern:
- Angola
- Australia
- Belgium
- Canada
- Philippines
- Romania
- Somalia
- Switzerland
- Yugoslavia

Why Haiti, or Aborigines?

I knew someone would ask about Haiti. It was mainly because they were the second American nation (apparently) to declare independence, and furthermore, the first ruled by people who were previously slaves. That alone makes it a good enough civ. I picked the Aboriginals because they are quite a good candidate, who could have a strong emphasis on religion. Besides, it would be nice getting another Oceanic civ anyway.

Based on otaman1, the super long list (Alphabetized in groups of 9):

Afghanistan
Argentina
Armenia
Belgium
Choctaw
Colombia
Dardania
Hittites
Manchuria
Benin
Bulgaria
Chile
Croatia
Khmer
Italy
Mexico
Pakistan
Serbia
Ashanti
Bangladesh
Cuba
Finland
Holy Roman Empire
Libya
Phoenicia
Ukraine
Yemen
Bohemia
Dahomey
Kazakhstan
Lithuania
Oyo
Romania
Scythia
Sicily
Uyghur
Apache
Goths
Lydia
Macedonia
Media
Parthia
Papal States
Pueblo
Sioux
Algeria
Etruria
Lusitania
Mbunda
Nubia
Numidia
Somalia
Zimbabwe
Chagatai
Cherokee
Chola
Crimea
Kazan
Khotan
Mali
Phrygia
Siberia
Bukhara
Burma
Circassia
Florence
Laos
Nabatea
Navajo
Tarasca
Yugoslavia
Astrakhan
Genoa
Gokturk
Inuit
Karakhanid
Khoshut
Norway
Sri Lanka
Ubaid
Andalus
Corsica
Malaysia
Milan
Minoa
Naples
Philippines
Sardinia
Seleucid
Akkadia
Dacia
Elam
Harrapa
Mapuche
Maurya
Mitanni
Mughal
New Zealand
Saxony
Bantu
Ghana
Haya
Iran
Makan
Micronesia
Ngwane
Samania
Taiwan
Kushan
Latvia
Lycia
Madagascar
Nepal
Olmec
Swahili
Teuton
Yue

I'd want the Inuits first, just to have a civ that can make use of lamd that would otherwise be quite suboptimal. The ability to cross ice and get extra food from snow, ice, and snow/ice-adjacent fish or whale tiles would be fantastic.

It's actually surprising they haven't done Switzerland. Probably everyone in Europe could name the Swiss Guard without knowing their own countries "special unit". UI: Bunkers in mountain tiles increasing nearby tiles and cities defense. UA: Something about diplomacy and/or better relationships with other civs/cs. May also get the 2nd partly negative UA in the game (after India)... something about war weariness like unhappiness if they declared war on someone else.

Perfectly fine (not polished) CiV thought up in 30 seconds. There's potential for Switzerland.

Vlad the Impaler's civ. Just because I bet he'd make for a cool leaderhead/character.

HRE, but with Austria already in.. Dunno how it would work. Maybe Switzerland instead.

The rest I don't care much about (especially since I really don't believe in another expansion), but I don't want some nonsense like Aborigens. Vietnam, Kongo would be okay.

Vlad the Impaler's civ. Just because I bet he'd make for a cool leaderhead/character.

HRE, but with Austria already in.. Dunno how it would work. Maybe Switzerland instead.

The rest I don't care much about (especially since I really don't believe in another expansion), but I don't want some nonsense like Aborigens. Vietnam, Kongo would be okay.

Bohemia, my friend, Bohemia.

Sure are a lot of no-names getting thrown around here. Would like to see some of these picks defended.

Also Brennan listed Germany's road to France Belgium twice. :lol:

Definitely the Haida. Also, the Chachapoyas or the Chan Chan are a much better south american civ choice than the Mapuche in my opinion.

I would like to see Israel too, but highly doubt it would ever make it in due to political sensitivities.

to anyone who said Aborigine,, +1. You know australia, on TSL maps we only got a couple of CS, but maybe adding Aborigines might fill out the Pacific Region. The problem would be the leader. who would you suggest???
Israel would be nice option too, but Middle East is already overcrowded with assyrians, babylonians, ottomans, persians, arabs. etc.
Another i want to see is another SEA civ, maybe Vietnam. But adding them might will make the Malay Peninsula overcrowded, Second choice for SEA civ?,Philippines would be cool :D, Katipuneros and Moro-Warriors.And maybe another American Civ, Argentina maybe?? on my TSL games, the southern part of South america is always empty just a bunch of Marauding barbarians. IMO adding another European Civ might not be good, I ain't saying that they don't deserve the spot but its just that. Europe is already overcrowded. Give chance to Asians and Americans or Africans. Its not cool to see Napoleon/Isabela/Maria Theresa/Cassimir/Bismark/William to pop Orleans/Barcelona/2nd Austrian City:D/Lods?/Hamburg?/2nd Dutch city. In some parts of Asia or Africa, then in the end just to be a prey to civ who got close city. Just sayin..

Top Bottom