1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

911 commission Hearing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vonork, Mar 23, 2004.

1. vonork

vonork Emperor

Even though is always good to have leaders to speek and be asked quastions about a subject, so to get it on record, and to clearifie. Do anyone here belive that anything spectacular will come out of this?

(as far as of today, I can't say I've heard anything)

2. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

Can you enlighten me with what's going on? What's happening? Who's saying what?

3. Shadylookin

Shadylookin master debater

I think it's pointless, instead of trying to place the blame on a specific leader or department(which clearly al qaeda is to blame) we should be thinking of ways to make sure it doesn't happen again.

4. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

Oh, are you talking about how the Clinton and Bush administration tried to use diplomacy with Bin Laden before 9/11 and failed? If that's what you're referring to, I think the panel is just riding the bandwagon in the new hip thing to do in criticizing the administration. Even though I'm not a fan of the Bush administration, it's good to hear that at least they tried diplomacy.

5. yoshi74

yoshi74 Tourist from Mars

When some truth will see the daylight, it will definitly be spectacular. Too many unsolves questions till now.

6. amadeus

amadeus Kaicho

There's no point to it, it's a partisan love/hate fest.

Democrats are blaming Bush, Republicans are defending him.

7. vonork

vonork Emperor

They have been takling to Albright, Colin, Cohen, Rumtsfelt & friends. Regarding the action and policys around and before 911. What they all did and knew and so on.

They have been rambling for several hours with a break for lunch and even if it's interesting it get tiresome, well it's over for today now. The only spice to the whole thing is Clarks remarks, so perhaps his appearance tomorrow will be of more impact and debate.

Now they might not say anything new - or revolutionary - but you can get a better view of the thoughts and thinking. Cuz they are forced (the can joke it away) to answer and they can talk without being interrupted. Two major disadvantages when people are on the News channels.

Not that mush I would say.

8. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy We'll dig up the road!

1. If I tell you that somebody 'could' break into your car, would you take any extra precautions to prevent your car being broken into?

Probably not, as you are probably already taking reasonable actions to prevent your car being broken into.

2. If I tell you that somebody WILL break into your car, would you do anything different?

Maybe you will do some minor things different. You might leave fewer CDs or other valuables in your car, for example.

3. If I tell you that somebody will break into your car on Friday at 2:13 A.M. will you do anything different?

Yes. You would probably leave absolutely nothing of value in the car and be conducting surveillance of it, armed with a weapon and/or cell-phone. Or you will be in it, driving it around or something (so they can't break into it).

I think only if something like scenario #3 happened, it would be 'spectacular' and should cause outrage. Something like #2 might cause some concern, but if you don't know when they will attack, or exactly how they are going to do it, there are fewer options to prevent it. If scenario #1 was the case, then I wouldn't be upset at them at all (except the ones who actually did the crime).

9. MrPresident

MrPresident Anglo-Saxon Liberal

My belief in the American congressional committees' ability to get to the truth is about is high as my belief that Ensign Ricky will survive an away team expedition on the original Star Trek.

10. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

Rummy was getting cooked, and it was by Republicans!
    Good ol' fashion fun!

11. Ossric

Ossric Hedonistic Ruler

it's polticians questioning politicians, you can be sure that they will ultimately blame everything on the thing without a face, the intelligence. Dems protecting Clinton, Reps Bush, they will ultmately agree on a tie & find another culprit.

12. Pontiuth Pilate

Pontiuth Pilate Republican Jesus!

It's all Clinton's dick's fault :rolleyes:

13. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Well, I think Bamspeedy is pretty much right.

But, I also don't think that we did enough to strike back on Al Qaeda during late Clinton. As Bob Kerrey (a democratic senator on the commission) said: "When Bin Laden declared war on us, we should have declared war on Bin Laden."

14. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

Bin Laden declared war on us, and Clinton started hunting him. Bush gave up pre-9/11, and then was looking for Saddam evidence.

15. vonork

vonork Emperor

Regarding Clarks testimony I must say that one of the more damaging parts so to speak to the administration was James R. Thompson's focus on the change of tone regarding the book and a pre-press brief, transcript and released by Fox.

Not that anyone here would believe otherwise, but now it was said publicly, that when you’re working for an administration (any administration) you try to show facts in the most positive way.

16. vonork

vonork Emperor

So what do you think about that Condoleezza Rice has not appeared on public hearings? Yes she has been in private meetings and says she will come back to private meetings if needed. But one thing about private meetings that differ from public is this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/26/politics/26PANE.html?pagewanted=1&hp

17. Dr Jimbo

Dr Jimbo Undefeated

No sign of Bush answering questions in public. I'd pay good money to see him have to think on his feet.