1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

99% of my spawn

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Manol0, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Manol0

Manol0 Chieftain

This is the spawn I get 99% of the times. And of course I always send delegations..and Mayans were friendly but they refused to declare friendship.

Spoiler: I know I m gonna get answers of the usual "experts" who gonna blame me; but so be it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Enfant_Sauvage likes this.
  2. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

This game desperately needs to incorporate the mod that adjusts spawn distance with separate sliders for proper civs and city states. Crowding is a design strategy that just doesn't work very well with peacefully play.

679x, Mr. Salt, canadamufc and 5 others like this.
  3. gooberman

gooberman Chieftain

I remember it used to be that way , but not anymore. I haven't been attacked like that in a long time. Barbs however.....

greenOak, Kjimmet and 8housesofelixir like this.
  4. anonxanemone

anonxanemone Warlord

99% of statistics that say 99% of something happening is made up on the spot.

5. Vargas1

Vargas1 Warlord

What map type? If you want to spawn with good space, I suggest lakes or highlands.

greenOak likes this.
  6. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

Last whiny thread where he made up an issue: "The game cheats! I've uninstalled this game! These forums are useless!"

This thread: "The game cheats! I'm still getting whipped by this game! Let me complain about it on these forums."

With as much trouble as you always seem to be having just lower the difficulty level. I promise nobody will think any less of you.

Three warriors, cash to buy another one, a governor promotion you can use on Victor, river and woods nearby... not the worst situation to hold out in TBH.

7. anonxanemone

anonxanemone Warlord

I don't understand what OP was doing all this time. It's Turn 30 on standard speed with no units produced, no additional cities, and barely any of the map is explored. Whatever they are doing is not working.

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Three German warriors around Aachen, so he has produced some units. And the mini-map show explored territory far to the South -- perhaps he sent his initial warrior off exploring too far away to return to defend the capital (not the most prudent practice).

679x, topsecret, AntSou and 2 others like this.
  9. jasper

jasper Warlord

Not surprising firaxis targets individuals and intentionally ruins their gamijg experience. This industry gets worse by the day.

Manol0 likes this.
  10. Equilin

Equilin Prince

By pure coincidence I was visiting OP's last thread before this (also a whiny complain) because of a notification, before finding this thread.
    Go back to Prince and learn the game before complaining please.

I'd rate the start as OK, two Mil city-states nearby means more production to units which is exactly what's needed. Also too much food.

11. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

This seems salvageable. Not good, but salvageable. Good Yields in the 3-tile radius, have enough Gold to purchase another Warrior, able to promote Victor, I'm just repeating what @bengalryan9 and @Browd have said here.

Dude, so many other people here are saying this game is salvageable, Firaxis isn't targeting anyone. Civ 6 isn't their magnum opus, but it isn't actively seeking to ruin the players' game.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  12. Manol0

Manol0 Chieftain

I can upload the Save file for any of the "experts" want to try it. I dont know where I can see its seeds tho.

I get this spawn no matter of the map. Always this.I m being attacked by 2 AI's and barbs in first 10 turns. I havent tried those maps tho.

Mayans had like 180 military power when they attacked on me and they left with 100 less after. Then Khmer attacked from the East and killed my wounded retreated units.I lost 2 warriors and one slinger to them. I was scouting with my first built unit which was a scout. Plus the barbarians damaged some of my units at the same time. I deal with this situation almost everytime.

I dont seek for peacefully play. I just cant deal with 3 enemies(2 AI's and barbs) assaulting at the same time in first 10 turns

13. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

So total you've had 5 warriors, a slinger, a governor promotion, 160 gold, plus a river and a bunch of woods to aid in defense? That seems like a pretty defensible position to me, especially if you did the sensible thing here and took Oligarchy. Those Mayan units aren't even getting the combat bonus from their leader ability, either...

The minute I saw an AI that close to me I would've started digging in to defend myself, focusing on units and fortifying them in woods because you know that they're going to be coming for you.

Don't train a scout first. Especially if you find an AI that close.

I'm also assuming you play on a faster game speed than standard? Otherwise producing a scout, a slinger, and 4 warriors so soon seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

The cramped start would be difficult for a player looking to play peacefully, but for someone looking to go on the offensive that's not even much of an issue.

They'd probably help you more than they'll hurt you in this situation - they'd probably draw an AI attack or two and do some damage to your would be attackers.

Jkchart, Virdrago, TCBB and 4 others like this.
  14. Manol0

Manol0 Chieftain

This looks stretch to you but you suppose it would be obvious to have goverment picked in turn 30 without even having the time to build my Monument. I m literally missing something that I need to find out. I watch deity streamers but helped me little so far since the situations are completely different on each game.
    My main issue is the gap between Immortal and Deity looks huge to me. I tried some games on Immortal; I had challenge ofc but it wasnt that hard to beat it in the end. On Deity the situation goes very fast out of my control due to incidents like the picture's I posted above.

15. bengalryan9

bengalryan9 King

It is tough, I'll give you that.

You always seem to play as Germany - that's fine if they're your favorite, but maybe try switching to someone with early bonuses until you get more used to Deity? Try someone like Sumeria (War Carts and Ziggurats), Aztec (Eagle Warriors and free builders), America (free combat bonus on their starting continent for RR Teddy), or Maya (combat bonus close to your capital, and a half price campus to help keep up in tech)... there are others as well that would apply. Even Canada would be ok because they keep the AI from declaring wars on you (and you can still go to war with others, you just have to use Cassus Belli). Once you get a bit more of a feel for it takes to survive and keep up on Deity, then you can switch back to Germany or whoever else you want to play.

Rolling a coastal start is helpful too and might be worth considering as you learn Deity - having the ocean towards your back gives you one less front to worry about defending.

679x, Jkchart, Kmart_Elvis and 6 others like this.
  16. Finvola

Finvola Where's my pie?

I'm no expert by any stretch, but maybe I can add a little input. I was sandwiched in between Gaul and Maya, with the occasional barb for added fun. They didn't declare war on me at the same time but they declared within a few turns of each other. I had my second city out and was working on making another settler. However, I was prepared. Although I didn't want to pick Sanguine Pact, I did anyway because I had a feeling this very thing would happen. Lady Six Sky was friendly with me at first but that changed when she forward settled on me and was mad that I settled in "her lands" and some turns later she declared on me.

I had a couple of slingers out and some warriors and my vamp. It was a tough war, but I reloaded and tried different things out. It was really down to positioning my units to defend from the Maya to the northeast of me and Gaul coming up from the South. I was Hungary and I had been lucky enough to become Suze of a nearby Militaristic CS and they had a TON of units, so I waited some turns until I could afford to levy them, which allowed me to go on the offense and take some of their cities. It was a very tough war but I don't think your save is beyond hope. Just keep trying different things, go back to an earlier save point and re-do it if you have to. It is how I learned how to adjust to a higher difficulty. I just kept trying until something worked. If it took going back 10 turns, then so be it. I was nearly going to restart that save but I was glad that I kept trying different things. As I was Hungary, I wasn't planning on playing peacefully anyway, I was just hoping to have a few more things done before the inevitable early surprise wars came.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  17. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

I say, when boxed in, the answer is WAR

18. jasper

jasper Warlord

This game definately needs a separate board for exhausting story time posts. You just keep reading, and reading.... and reading, and wondering where theck the point is. Just over the hill perhaps? Feels like im finding waldo in a textual maze of hyperbole eternal, circling round and round we go. Grandpa only visits but rarely these days and i so enjoy his bedtime readings of the adventures of the midnight prince of civilonia... *laughs hysterically.*

19. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

There is no shame in restarting.

20. Enfant_Sauvage

Enfant_Sauvage Chieftain

After 2200 hours of played I do play with mods now because the start you had is what I have in most of my games. Maybe did you made some mistakes but is not the issue here and there is no justification for the hatred you are experiencing by some users. Some maps are just too boring to be fun. I play the game for History not for its challenge and I agree that most of my regular games are boring.

679x and canadamufc like this.