A&A units: landing craft pack

Walter Hawkwood

RI Curator
All right, this is the second and the last unit pack from A&A that I'll be able to do on my own. Like earlier carriers, a landing craft (aka transport ships in Civ 4) doesn't need much animation. Therefore, I was able to rip some more naval units to your enjoyment. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the landing party!

Five landing crafts presenting here are for, respectively, Britain, USSR, Germany, Japan and USA. Only the German one, though, has any markings that clearly identify it as belonging to one particular nation - all the rest are generic enough to be used for other civs during WW2 era (Japanese one probably fitting for most Asian ones). British and American appear to be reskins of the same model. All five have less polys than vanilla civ transport unit (about 200-250). All obviously use transport anims.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11941

Cool, I allways thought the transport ships do ne more variety. However, I would have prefered, if you whould have removed the markings from the german one, because it it too era specific (and quite an unpleasant era).

Well, it's already an iron cross instead of a swastika. Original A&A is pretty safe on that. And since they are supposed to be WW2 anyway... Still, it's no big deal to remove it. Here you are - now it can be used for other civs as well, since it has no markings. Did I mention that all five ships contain civ-colored elements? ;)

Attachments

• GERTransportWaterBase_nomarkings.rar
    29.1 KB · Views: 99
Well, you know flags in red-white-black are illegal in post-war germany, so it doesn't fit very well for standard games. :) Thanks.

Well, you know flags in red-white-black are illegal in post-war germany, so it doesn't fit very well for standard games. :) Thanks.

Didn't know the ban went that far. I thought the ban was only concerning NSDAP symbols. Do all RWB flags count, even where red-white-black are used as a tricolor motiff?

BTW, Russian National-Bolshevik party (illegal) has probably produced the most evil and powerful version of these flags (google it if you're intersted).

Do all RWB flags count, even where red-white-black are used as a tricolor motiff?

Well, it is not so, that you comited a crime using a black-white-red tricolore. But nowadays you are automatically considered a right-wing extremist, if you do so, and you might catch the attention of the constitution protection very quick. ;) So it's a very very negativ associated in any combination.

:lol: The National Bolshevik flag looks really weird considering Fascism and Communism are two social ideologies that hate each other.

is it just me or is the German transport look like it's sinking once in game. It's taking in water!

I have a bit of a problem. When I select unit (the unit shows as a dark shape on the bottom left corner)

In game looks perfect but just on the bottom where it shows the stats appears all black.

Top Bottom