1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A ball shaped world, is that possible?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Tecibbar, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Tecibbar

Tecibbar unliving

So far all our worlds are flat. That makes the earth unrealistic, as the region near the poles are streched, to an extant that Greenland is represented as big as Africa. With the transformation to hex shape tiles, I think a truely ball shape world is possible. Not all tiles have to be hex, some are pentagon, some square could be possible.

If you can't envision what I am talking about, look at a football (soccer), that will give you an idea.

2. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Chieftain

The word you're looking for is "globe".

3. Herrhals

Herrhals Chieftain

There's another thread that goes in depth about this.

But I agree, it will be possible. The problem arises about the pentagons, and where they will have to appear. Might be beneficial or negative to have a city there if its on land, etc...as I said, there's another thread made.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354175