A bit of help plz!

MariusDarkheart

Chieftain
He's my problem: How do I use the Calabim. I've read several guides on the forum on using them. Everytime I choose them I always end up near haunted lands, and troll caves! Not just one cave, it seems like an entire nation of them.... I can't seem to build enough blood pets to stop them. Does any one have any sugestions or am I just cursed! lol.
I done fine with terrain when I use the Khazads..... I might just have to stick with them.

Hmmm... Can you provide a bit more information please? I know Ahwaric really enjoys those swamp trolls of his, possibly added to balance out the lack of forum trolls, but it sounds like the map your playing is worse then usual. They are meant to make sure that you don't take safety for granted and stop patrolling your empire.

I would recommend opening up the Worldbuilder and remove the Troll Lairs terrain around you if this is costing you the game so to speak. Or simply give yourself an early game Ranger. Trolls are beast units and are countered with Hunters. They are fairly easy to lure away from your cities since they attack the closest unit (they have a chance to defeat). Two extra hunters that are on dedicated "Troll Patrol" is a good idea since Trolls can spawn anywhere at any time.

Yes, hunters are the way to go - a 2, especially experienced ones, should take care of your problem.

I have set trolls to spawn a bit later in game, so that should help in the next version. Which I hope to release today or tomorrow morning (it is quite big, so do not know how long the uploading on my connection will take...)

Yes, hunters are the way to go - a 2, especially experienced ones, should take care of your problem.

I have set trolls to spawn a bit later in game, so that should help in the next version. Which I hope to release today or tomorrow morning (it is quite big, so do not know how long the uploading on my connection will take...)

Hurray! Guess I should reinstall civ now.

Also on trolls, I'm pretty sure they don't attack cities, they only kill units outside, and pillage. Very annoying.

Also, I find the calabim to be fairly weak until midgame, when you get feudalism. After that they become very powerful, but prior to that you just have to trudge along.

Thx for the reply..... The trolls do attack cities, eat workers and laugh at blood pets!.... Well mine at least. Can't wait for the next version!
I do love this mod! :goodjob:

Thx for the reply..... The trolls do attack cities, eat workers and laugh at blood pets!.... Well mine at least. Can't wait for the next version!
I do love this mod! :goodjob:
Take another look. Trolls are forbidden to ever attack city. Well, wild trolls at least.

And the new version will be out tomorrow. Finishing touches and such...

Opps my bad!! Yeah they don't eat my cities!! lol. Its there lizard friends! Can't wait for the new version :goodjob:

Top Bottom