1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Brave New World

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Fuschia

Fuschia A Little Odd

To: The World

Apparently, this task force is not only immoral but deaf as well. We have stated several times, and continue to state, that a guarantee of a slow but steady decrease in the slave trade by all nations concerned, determined by themselves, will be satisfactory to Haiti and its people. While invasion has been expected, one by those who are incapable of conducting proper diplomacy was not.

2. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

TO Haiti
    Proper Diplomacy? you never conducted proper diplomacy. you just went and demanded our complyiance with your terms, AFTER illigaly attacking our shipping.
    We set our response to your rudeness. You had your chance to reply, and back out gracefully, which was what Proper diplomacy demanded from us. yet you refused to even reply to use in a timely fashion.
    So you will be crushed like the insignificant nation you are, and a more polite government will replace your current one.

3. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

To Haiti
    From Greater Virginia

Our policies will not be dictated by pirates and thieves. Should you have approached Greater Virginia with a reasonable offer to restrict slave trade, we may have been listening, but your actions have forever squandered any hope you may have had.

To Georgia, Tennessee
    From Greater Virginia

In order to stop the bloodshed and prevent European powers from intervening, and also in order to provide a united front against the indians and pirates, King Robert E. Lee of Virginia recognizes Governor Jackson as rightful ruler of Georgia and asks that Governor Forsyth abdicates, a move for the greater good of the region.

4. D'Artagnan59

D'Artagnan59 The Gascon

No.

Spain is leading the cause.

5. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

To: Virginia

We will never submit to such a terrible, warmongering fool as Governor Jackson. We see how Virginia treats us and we will not forget this.

6. D'Artagnan59

D'Artagnan59 The Gascon

Spain condemns Haiti's piracy of its friend Portugal, Tennessee's invasion of Georgia, and Virginia's backstabbing of Georgia.

7. Fuschia

Fuschia A Little Odd

To: Mexico

In case you are really as dull as you seem, proper responses were sent to your diplomacy, as they were to the rest of the world. We are certainly being more polite than you are, with your mad ravings and absolute ignorance of world affairs. To be nice, I will restate what has been said before for the simpletons of the Portuguese government.

As I have stated several times, an invasion of Haiti is about as futile as launching a cannonball at the moon. If France, a power infinitely more capable than any of those in this particular mob of slavers, could not hold on to Haiti, I seriously doubt that any of you are capable of doing so. To be reasonable, I will stop our attacks in an attempt to end the slave trade if you will stop your threats against Haiti and guarantee a gradual but steady decrease in the slave trade within your nations.

Is that clear enough for you, Portugal?

OOC: This sounds really harsh, so I have to put a disclaimer here. I am in no way attempting to insult you, and I hope you do not take any personal insult from this diplomacy. Really. :)

8. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

To Haiti
    And you Address the Wrong party in your Reply. We are the Mexican empire, not Portugal. Second, we point out keeping your freedom from us is a whole different proposition then keeping your freedom from France. We are right next door to you while France resided across the Atlantic in Europe. You have engaged in Piriacy, and earned the hatred of almost every major nation who traffic in the Carribian. the world at large condems you, not for your cause, but for your tactics.

you have no allies, no hope, and no mercy from us. your government will end, and a more peaceful one will be put in it's place.
    The Mexican Empire

9. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

France states its support for this statement. Pirates from Haiti are threatening stability and prosperity, compounded with the fact that divided interests in the Georgia make vulnerable the powers of the region.

10. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

De-lurk: I'd like to mention that Mexico abolished Slavery in the 20s, but, hey, go ahead.

11. Fuschia

Fuschia A Little Odd

OOC: Slavery has been going about a little different here. Mexico still has it, and a number of American nations rely on it for their entire economy. I think EQ posted something explaining it near the beginning of the thread.

12. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

OOC: and I am makeing efforts to reduce/pahse-it-out of the Empire. My nations objection has nothing to do with the slave trade, but about Haiti's method.

13. qoou

qoou Emperor

Original post edited out since it has fulfilled it's purpose and it was a bit condescending:

To whatever country sp's playing as:
    All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive: make your time.

14. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

OOC: whops, sorry. editing.

15. sp1023

sp1023 Deity

What?

tenchar

16. Supermath

Supermath A Circle Has No End

It was a popular Internet video from about 2000, based on a badly-translated 1990 game. If you want a link, here it is.

EDIT: Working link this time

On a more topical note, could I have a reply to my PM, EQ?

17. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

Wrong link supermath.

18. sp1023

sp1023 Deity

Yes, and supermath, every time I try to exit, a set of lyrics pops up, and I was stuck there for like 5 minutes!

19. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

You've been Rick Roll'd little man.

20. sp1023

sp1023 Deity

I have no idea what you said.

Anyways:

To Britain, China:
    From the Netherlands:

We would like to secure a Non Aggression Pact with you., to protect ourselves and our colonies.