A Brave New World

Well, I've recieved the vast majority of orders I was waiting for. Anyone who did not submit will be NPCed.

2-3 hours, we have a lot of stuff to cover. sp1023, if you have AIm, i'd recommend getting online.

Ok then, rest assured I will do the best I can.

what's your email, though?

Spoiler :
Since the answer to that question couldn't be divined by viewing EQandcivfanatic's profile, I decided to, after hearing about flyingchicken's exploits, see if I could go off on an adventure of my own.

I too have often wondered: What is EQ's e-mail? I don't know why I did so, for I had his AIM screen name, but such is the way of humans - they always seek knowledge! I didn't know then what this quest would have done. If I had known, perhaps I would not have done it. But I would have been all the poorer for it. This is the greatness of humans that allows them to be as great as they are. And so I too was infected with this urge.

I first purchased a ticket, first class, for you see, the true adventurer finds comfort where he can and makes do when he cannot to be in the best shape as possible. The destination was L'Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire. I knew that the main site at Meyrin also has a large computer center containing very powerful data processing facilities primarily for experimental data analysis, so I knew that if I could get access to these computers, I could grab myself EQ's e-mail.

When I debarked in Geneva, I hitched a ride with a pleasant man wearing a black suit. I'm in the middle of my third year of high school French, and you know what they say - taking a foreign language in a high school is the best way to learn the language.

"Bonjour, monsieur," I said, which means: Hello.

"Bonjour. Est-ce que je peux vous aider?" he asked, which means: Who rides the dragon at night? I had asked my ex-NSA contact, my History teacher, to tell me the secret codes to get in. He told me that this was the question they asked every Sunday when the time ended in a 3 and the price of gold had risen at least 2% but no more than 5% in the past week.

"Est-ce que je peux aller aux toilettes?" I responded, which means: Is it not the one who slays knights by day? I knew the answer. He started walking away, so I followed him. He then glanced back and a flash of some emotion came to his face. I'm not sure, but I think it was the fact that he had spotted secret agents standing behind me: then I knew he was the real deal, because I hadn't even noticed them.

Suddenly he broke out into a job. Those damn spies, I thought. He must run away from them - and so must I, if we are to reach CERN in time!.

I caught up to him. He was quite red-faced. He was heading towards town and frantically gesturing at the sleepy policeman there.

Oh no, I realized. He was a double agent. Now he will spread the correct answer to the secret code everywhere.

"Monsieur, le chat est sur la chaise!" I called out, which means: stop in the name of all that is good and holy!

The policeman nodded and advanced towards me. I halted, turned the other way, and immediately felt a burly hand grab my shirt. I was stopped right in my tracks by spies!

In the end they took me to a holding cell. It was there that I mediated and thought of the solution to the puzzle. And so I can confidently tell you this:

If you click on EQ's name on the forum, you are directed to the View Profile Page. And, and here was the breakthrough I realized, if you look to the right it says: Email: Send a message via email to EQandcivfanatic! So if you click on that, you can e-mail him!

So the answer, sir, is that it doesn't matter what his e-mail address is.

EQ, can I send orders via AIM?
I just need your AIM.

Lol, "Mr The Cat is on the Lounge!"

Hey sp, you know that PM you sent me that I said "maybe later" to? Well now's fine.

Can you forward it to me again? I delete all my old Pms every now and again.

Lol, "Mr The Cat is on the Lounge!"

It's been about half a decade since I had a French class, but I believe he said "Mr., the cat is under the chair!"

Well, orders reported. I must admit that sending instructions over AIM is far more interesting than writing up a set of orders.:D

It's been about half a decade since I had a French class, but I believe he said "Mr., the cat is under the chair!"

sur means on, so its "Mr., the cat is ON the chair!", but close enough for, as you said, years away from french.

Pour nous canadiens le bilingualism sont TRÈS importante, et j'utilise le français beaucoup.

Quebec seperated. Bugger French.

Mais, Je suis vraiment canadien et je devais etudier la francais a l'ecole.

:evil:

Bien sûr? Êtes-vous canadien où canadian? Vraiment je suis canadian. mais je veux que les canadiens gagne (contre Philly où Boston).

Lolfrench! Shaggy dog stories FTW. :lol:

Now, people should spam a little more so EQ can get (or get close enough to) the top of the next page. ;)

Qu'est-ce que j'ai fait, moi? Maintenant on parle de la langue de français...:nono:

Lolfrench! Shaggy dog stories FTW. :lol:

Now, people should spam a little more so EQ can get the top of (or close enough to) the next page. ;)

Mine's not as good as yours. I actually laughed out loud when I read yours. Then again, I was at home. :p

Global News Report

WAR IN EUROPE EXPANDS ACROSS WORLD. What started as a regional conflict between powers in Europe has quickly turned into a global war. The Venetian Pact has engaged against the Allies of Austria and Britain in a major conflict. See SPECIAL section below for more details.

North/Central American News Report

SLAVE REBELLION IN VIRGINIA. Richmond, Virginia. As Virginian military forces march to face Carolina in battle, at home a new threat has risen. A slave known as Nathaniel Turner has led a group of slaves in rebellion against plantation owners. After a hundred day rampage, the rebels were suppressed thanks to the arrival of support forces from Maryland who hunted and destroyed the Negro rebels. However, this has dramatically increased racial tensions in the nation, and Virginia in response has levied heavy taxes on importing slaves directly from Africa.

NOVA SCOTIA ELECTIONS. Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Whig Party continues to achieve significant successes in elections as President Peregrine Maitland wins reelection as executive leader of Nova Scotia. Two major issues predominated Nova Scotia over the election campaign, namely the war in Quebec and the proposed Maitland Doctrine, which would provide more tolerance throughout the nation. Though resisted by conservatives, Maitland’s victory in the elections has led to the Declaration of Citizens’ Rights, modeled after those of Pennsylvania and Canada. Not as liberal as those two nations, the new
Declaration nonetheless is a new step on the road of tolerance for Nova Scotia.

INVASION OF HAITI. Port-au-Prince, Mexican region of occupied Haiti. In response to the Boyer regime’s acts of piracy against the slave trade, a coalition of nations has united to end the Haitian threat. Elements of the armies and navies of Brazil, Mexico, Portugal, and Carolina have all united. Spanish forces have also been deployed, though not directly connected with the coalition. Overwhelming numbers of the invaders has resulted in the Haitian military retreating into the mountains along with the President. At sea, the Haitian navy has been destroyed by a Portuguese squadron, though a Portuguese Man-o-War was sunk in the fighting. Now the invading forces mass along the coast to begin a push inland.
Casualty List
Portugal: 1 Man-o-War
Haiti: 3 Frigates

PLEBISCITE HELD IN FRANKLIN. Jonesborough, Franklin. After heated debate on whether to merge with one of their neighbors or two retain an independent course, the people of Franklin have come to a decision. The Franklinians have agreed to apply for admittance into the Republic of Kentucky. Sharing similar ideals and brotherhood in arms against Carolina in the 1830 war, Franklin is set to be annexed by Kentucky in 1834.

WAR IN NEW ENGLAND. Boston, Massachusetts. Early in the year, a plebiscite was held in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire to determine a popular consensus on establishing a united New England nation. Such a move was victorious in New Hampshire and Massachusetts, though it was defeated by an incredibly small margin in Rhode Island. Less than a month following the plebiscite, Connecticut forces invaded Rhode Island from the sea, quickly occupying the small nation. Massachusetts was quick to declare war on Connecticut, soon followed by New Hampshire. The Massachusetts navy was quick to secure control of the seas, forcing the Connecticut ships to retreat behind the protection of coastal forts. However, on land with few regions to fight in, the war has become stalemated. Both Connecticut and Massachusetts have mobilized and called out the reserves, as both sides prepare for a decisive battle.

TENNESSEE-GEORGIA WAR CONTINUES. Savannah, Georgia. Despite calls for peace from Carolina, France, and Virginia, war has continued in Mississippi Territory. Georgia has called for mobilization and conscription from the populations of Atlanta and Savannah. Furthermore over the winter of ’30 and ’31, the Georgians gained a new ally, the Kingdom of Spain. Spanish forces launched an offensive up the east bank of the Mississippi River in mid-April, threatening Tennessean supply lines. Fighting in Mississippi Territory has reached a new level as opposing Tennessean and Georgian militias fight guerilla conflict in the form of bushwhacking and marauding. The Battle of Birmingham would be the first major battle of the war as the Tennessean armies met with a Georgian reservist army in a confused fight east of the city. The Georgians were defeated and the Tennesseans under General Crockett marched east. In order to relieve their ally, the Spanish turned east and discovered that General Crockett had turned west. A battle would be fought in the “Wilderness” of Georgia, leaving the Spanish victorious and Crockett sent northward. The combined Georgian and Spanish forces then besieged the Tennessean southern army in Birmingham. Attempts to relieve the city failed, and the Tennesseans continue to hold against the Georgian and Spanish siege.
Casualty List
Georgia: 1 Reservist Division

INVASION OF CAROLINA. Charleston, Carolina. With the Carolinian fleet away at Haiti, the Army of the Appalachians and the Army of Southern Virginia under King Robert have advanced south into Carolina. Faced only by militia, the Virginians have easily destroyed Carolinian defensive positions along the northern border. With the Carolinian militias scattered and disorganized, little resistance has arose to prevent the Virginians from seizing most of the former United States state of North Carolina.

INVASION OF QUEBEC. Quebec City, Quebec. Canadian and Nova Scotian military forces have invaded a large part of Quebec. With few regular military forces, the armies of Quebec have been forced back. The Canadians were stopped just short of Montreal with the arrival of French regulars who easily halted the advance. The Quebecois have been hindered by a major rebellion by the Mohawks in the north, who have pledged allegiance to Canada. The French have arrived in force along the coast, enforcing a blockade of Nova Scotia in retaliation for the invasion.

South American News Report

European News Report

NEW TSAR IN RUSSIA. St. Petersburg, Russia. The Russian people mourn after the death of Tsar Constantine from unknown causes. Constantine’s younger brother Nicholas has been proclaimed the new Tsar of All the Russias. One of his first acts as supreme monarch of Russia has been to declare the emancipation of the serfs, to the rejoicing of many. Furthermore, Tsar Nicholas has overseen the end of the Polish revolt and the onset of war with Britain and Austria.

VENETIAN PACT ESTABLISHED. Turin, Sardinia-Piedmont. The kings of Prussia, Russia, and Sardinia Piedmont have signed a landmark alliance agreement uniting the three kingdoms in arms. Recognizing claims on Austria, these powers have embarked upon a war to achieve dominance over Central and Eastern Europe. See the special section below for more details on this epic conflict which has extended with ramifications across the world.

BRITISH ANNOUNCE NEW “ROAD OF RAILS”AND REFORM. London, British Empire. British entrepreneurs have announced plans of using a new technology of a steam engine on rails to connect England with Scotland, which is believed to reduce travel between the two regions to an improbable time of a mere week. Other important events have occurred as Prime Minister Earl Grey and his Cabinet spearheaded a law to end slavery and the slave trade completely throughout the British Empire. Grey has even gone so far to denounce the coalition’s efforts in Haiti to “restore the abominable institution of slavery.”

AGRICULTURAL REFORM IN DENMARK. Copenhagen, Denmark. As part of ongoing reforms since the end of the Napoleonic Wars, the Danes have finished reorganization of a large part of their agriculture. Space has been used more efficiently and crops are maintained regularly. The new organization program has enabled an economic growth within the Danish production. (+1 Private Enterprise)

African/Middle Eastern News Report

SPANISH ESTABLISH NEW COLONY. Laayoune, Spanish Empire. Spaniards have used the Canary Islands as a base to set up a new colony on the African continent. The region, though previously claimed by Morocco has few inhabitants or resources. Many view the Spanish occupation of the region as a position for attempting to control trade along the African coast.

Asian/Pacific News Report

ATTEMPTED UPRISING IN JAPAN. Edo, Japan. In response to recent shogun attempts to establish stronger power and control over Japan, a cabal of daimyos, supplied by an European nation, attempted to remove the ruling shogun. However, the emperor declared for the ruling faction and the majority of daimyos have supported the shogun while not supporting his policies. The rebel leaders have been crushed and the territories under the rebel daimyos control has been turned over to their subordinate samurai.
Casualty List
Japan: 1 Native Division

Global News Briefs

ELECTIONS IN NEW GRANADA LEAD TO EASY CONSERVATIVE VICTORIES IN CONGRESS.

LIBERALS WIN REELECTION IN FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF CENTRAL AMERICA.

CONSERVATIVES WIN REELECTION IN VENEZUELA DESPITE ACCUSATIONS OF ELECTORAL FRAUD.

SPECIAL: WAR IN EUROPE AND AROUND THE GLOBE

BATTLE OF CICEU. Russian and Austrian military forces were the first to engaged in battle after Russian forces occupied Wallachia. A Russian move into Transylvania resulted in a military defeat as Austrian forces, led by Hungarian loyalists, ambushed and defeated the Russian force, consisting of mostly cavalry. The Russian southern army continued to be contained throughout the rest of the year as probes and raids continued to be launched into Hungary.
Casualty List
Russia: 1 Cavalry Division

POLISH REBELLION. Despite successes in 1830, Polish rebels continued to agitate throughout the year. With the deployment of almost a hundred thousand Russian soldiers to the region, the rebellion came to an end. However, several divisions were forced to remain behind to maintain order.

BATTLE OF VIENNA. With the arrival of Russian reinforcements, Prussian military forces launched a rapid campaign into Bohemia, catching the Austrians off guard. Prague was easily captured after a minor battle and a rapid advance began southward. The arrival of Bavarian reinforcements and troops from Transylvania allowed Austrian forces to halt the Prussian armies just north of Vienna after a major battle involving nearly three hundred thousand soldiers. Though they faced an Austrian army in a easily defendable position, they forced the Allies into a stalemate. Only reports of British entry into the war forced a Prussian withdrawal to deal with the threat from Hanover. Despite the “retreat” Prussia maintains control of Bohemia and Prague.
Casualty List
Prussia: 1 Infantry Division
Russia: 1 Infantry Division
Austria: 2 Infantry Divisions

INVASION OF THE PAPAL STATES. Sardinian military forces under General Cialdini have won several minor victories against the forces of the Pope and occupied much of the northern section of the Papal States. At the battle of Ancona, the Sardinians easily defeated an assembled Papal army and secured control of the region. Mobilized reservists would occupy the line in preparation for Sardinia’s next offensive.
Casualty List
Papal States: 1 Infantry Division

OCCUPATION OF VENICE. With the Papal threat neutralized for the moment, Cialdini’s army turned eastward to support Sardinia’s Russian and Prussian allies. Without meeting any resistance, Venice and the surrounding region was easily occupied by Sardinian military forces. The local Italians have welcomed the Sardinians as liberators, and many state that they would have revolted this year anyways even if the Sardinians had not arrived.

BATTLE OF BERLIN. Britain’s entry into the war was quick and moderately expected by August when the forces were finally assembled. A series of major engagements were fought as British troops from Hanover advanced rapidly upon Berlin. The king and his family evacuated the city as British artillery opened fire. The city quickly surrendered with the withdrawal of the Prussian army, though British probing attempts to move south from Berlin were halted by Russian reinforcements.
Casualty List
Prussia: 2 Infantry Divisions
British Empire: 3 Infantry Divisions

BATTLE OF RIGA. A major naval battle has been fought between the two great fleets of Britain and Russia. Russian forces, prepared for a British offensive through the Baltic Sea, to await the arrival of the Royal Navy. However, Riga was the first target for the British. The Russians were forced to meet the British in open naval battle. Furthermore, a wind blowing towards Riga gave the British a major advantage. Though the Russian ships were often larger, their gunnery was frequently horrible and the British managed to devastate the Russian Baltic fleet. Some of the faster Russian ships did escape the British onslaught, and others even inflicted some significant damage upon the Royal Navy. However, superior gunnery and captaining won the day and the British quickly moved to shell Riga. With the Russian navy scattered across the Baltic, the British then moved to attack other coastal ports, culminating with a major raid on St. Petersburg. British marines supported by naval gunfire moved into the city and set it aflame, afterwards retreating.
Casualty List
Russia: 4 Frigates, 19 Man-o-Wars
British Empire: 12 Frigates, 7 Man-o-Wars

RAIDING IN THE PACIFIC. Russian naval forces have launched in the Pacific in the absence of a major British naval group. This task force has launched a major offensive against the Chinese coastline. Moving from north to south, and supported by ship-bourne soldiers, the Russian Navy has inflicted a terrible toll among British traders with China. Cities like Shanghai have been devastated as the Russians steal and burn whatever they can. (-1 PC for China, -1 Private Enterprise for Britain)

Diplomatic Pouch

OOC

World Map

Attachments

• map2.PNG
    map2.PNG
    235.7 KB · Views: 255
Top Bottom