A Brave New World

To The British Empire
From Mexican Empire

We wish to state, at least in the case of our own nation, that this war with haiti is not about their cause. It is about their methods, and mainly their willingness to commit piracy on the open seas. somthing we will NEVER tolirate.
we firmly state we are working to to reduce and eventualy eleminate slavery within our own nation, and ask the that british empire not slander our name.

To Haiti
From the Mexican Empire

we ask for your unconditional surrender. do so, and we will try our best to insure your nation has all it's land returned to you after the war. your nation, how ever, will never be permitted a navy again.

Nice update EQ!

I knew I was supposed to do something. :(
Sorry, I promise to do what I was supposed to do next turn. :p

Treaty of Birmingham

This treaty brings to an end the Georgia-Tennessee war.

Terms:

1.) Territory will be exchanged following the map shown below.

2.) 1 IC in reparations will be paid to Georgia for the territory and war.

Signed Governor John Forsyth, Georgia
Signed Governor Andrew Jackson, Tennessee

With Reluctance

Signed Governor Andrew Jackson, Tennessee

France congratulates Tennessee and Georgia at finally hammering out a peace, and looks forward to many more years of peace and trade for all of us involved.

To The Mexican Empire
From The British Empire:

We were never slandering your name, simply making clear we hoped you didn't intend to rebuild the slave trade anytime soon. We previously stated publicly we didn't support Haiti's actions even if we support their ideology, there are ways to do things and they didn't go about their goals like they should have.

To The Venetian Pact
From The British Empire:

We suggest there is still time for peace before all this gets too out of hand and ask you to seriously consider it, for the benefit of your people at least.

Absolute Monarchy
It's a hoot.

The seventeen-year old King Otto was sitting idly on top of one of the several balconies of his unremarkable Palace in unremarkable Athens in unremarkable Greece. He looked to the East, watching the sun rising from the foamy Aegean Sea.

Some absolute monarch he was, he thought. His regents were giving the Greeks too much leeway, but he couldn't do anything about it until he was old enough. Even then, he knew that the military was just full of Greeks, something really against his favor.

He pondered on this on a cup of green tea, a foul-tasting import from one of the more exotic regions in Asia. He was resigned to being powerless over the country given to him, and took to flights of fancy instead.

He suddenly heard several footsteps accompanied by the buzzing bickering of his three regents. He looked to the hallway leading to the balcony and saw his manservant walking stiffly in front of three energetic old men.

"More tea, sir?" asked Theodoros, the Greek manservant. He was short and stocky, but had a dignified poise that even the most aristocratic of aristocrats can only hope to achieve. The young king—though he felt like he was still a prince—shook his head.

"This stuff is foul, thank you very much," said Otto. "I should have asked for normal tea." Theodoros gave a short, curt nod and walked briskly away. Otto then stood up and turned to his regents who have so far ignored him in their animated conversation. "I want to impose a tax on green tea."

"No, sir!" said one of the regents, seemingly jumping off the group of three in his alarm.

Another quickly followed, saying, "Definitely not, sir!" almost at the same time as the last regent said "We cannot afford rebellion!"

"It's just a tea tax," said Otto, falling into grumbling. "Who would care?" As if tea tax ever hurt anyone, he thought.

"Everyone!" said one, scratching his long moustache.

"We would!" said another. He was scratching his chin.

"The Greeks!" said the third with such ferocity that he stomped the ground for greater effect. Jingling coins fell out of his pocket. Big, valuable coins.

Stupid old aristocrats, King Otto thought. He watched as the regent started picking up his money, quiet with embarrassment. The three were sucking up to the Greeks for financial security; they didn't know a thing about making a kingdom great.

"Do you think father will be well in this war?" asked Otto, going back to his tea, sitting down and facing away from the three. He took a sip and cringed. He wanted to throw the cup off the balcony, but a king should have more manners than that.

"Neutrality!" declared the three, who obviously did not listen to the young king.

"We cannot risk taking sides!" said one of the regents.

"The Greeks couldn't care less," said another, looking off the balcony and at the city proper. "But we have our own positions to protect. This war will be our ruin if we enter it."

"We cannot help your father," said the third. The old man then turned to his companions, saying, "Do you think the king will be well?"

"Oh, definitely, definitely, but we shouldn't concern ourselves" said one while another said, "Yes, yes, but we have Greek matters to attend to." The three then fell into their usual excited and impenetrable conversations.

King Otto sighed. He then said, "Do you think I can claim the Ottoman throne? I am, after all, King Otto."

"Oh definitely," said one regent absentmindedly.

"Go for it, prince," said another.

"Hush now, we're talking," said the third.

King Otto continued sipping his green tea, thinking of the most painful ways he could get rid of the three idiots. When his legal power would fit his title, his first act will be to get rid of the regents. Oh yes, but he will not stop there. He would also exile them to some far-off island to live off a tiny pension, a pension he will never raise in a hundred lifetimes.

Clearly, he was taking off in another flight of fancy and thought: Ah, it will be good to be the king.

The Venetian Pact
From Austria

I back up the British statement. This was an unprovoked attack on Austrian soil but I am happy for reasonable peace.

EQ says reparations are allowed, you can't spend them, they only go towards lowering dissent and rebuilding.
I think EQ meant money, not industrial capacity. I mean, has there been any historical account of a nation paying reparations by having its industries produce materials (as would using IC would imply) for the nation being given reparations?

Therefore, I don't think it all appropriate to "pay" with IC. Of course, I'm not the mod so yeah, arrr, nevermind me, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

Trade enterprises can be rebuilt and become just as profitable as before, but if the Gods allow it, the Tsar and his people will suffer such a wretched pain soon that they will never recover.

Why allow aggressors to escape with a mild reprimand? Is this the way of Europeans? Prideless cowardice? Even if China must alone fight until fairness has been reached, we will!

[rant]WTF!!!!:wallbash:[/rant]

From The Pact of Venice
To Sardinia-Piedmont

We do not see the reasoning behind your invasion of the Pope's state. You are officially removed from this alliance until this issue is cleared up.

To The Venetian Pact
From The British Empire:

We suggest there is still time for peace before all this gets too out of hand and ask you to seriously consider it, for the benefit of your people at least.

Russia would like to remind you that the losses your fleet suffered at the battle of Riga were much greater than the losses we suffered.
OOC: 4/3+19=20+1/3 IC; 12/3+7=11 IC.

The Venetian Pact
From Austria

I back up the British statement. This was an unprovoked attack on Austrian soil but I am happy for reasonable peace.

Surrender now, and we will treat you mercifully. Continue fighting, and you'll feel Russia's might this year as more troops are sent to the front lines.

From Russia
To China

We will stop attacking your cities and disrupting your trade if you cease all trade with the British Empire immediately.

@EQ:
I don't think that Constantine would've died on the same date as he did ITL, but oh well... Also, do I not get a dissent reduction from serfs? Pretty please?

To: Haiti

You were warned multiple times about this invasion. We will accept nothing less than your unconditional surrender.

To: Mexican Empire, Carolina

We trust that our actions meet your approval?

To: British Empire

As you know, because we told you, it is our intention to consider all Haitians equal to any Brazilian citizen. There will be no enslavement of the Haitians, but rather the same freedoms they enjoyed under their own government. We therefore ask that Lord Grey withdraw his blatantly incorrect statements, especially as Brazil has always been, and will always continue to be, a friend to the British Empire.

Yes! The Isle is MINE!

(...reads stats...)

WTF? I still have only 1 IC? Well! This calls for (censored) warfare!

I know I can defeat Massachuttes. I just need the nudge... :hmm:

Also, what if I blockaded the famous University of Hartford from Massachuttes.

Well, he has more men (4 Infantry and 4 reservists) than me (1 militia 3 Infantry and 3 reservists.) But I can (censored) my ships for their (censored) to produce mass effect... also I can (censored) the woods and northward. Or I can give Rhode Island Freedom (Bah!). Many chances for victory: but only a fast one.

From Russia
To China

We will stop attacking your cities and disrupting your trade if you cease all trade with the British Empire immediately.

And replace it with trade from your land of drunkards and mongols? China will be annihilated before it kneels to the Horde again.

Yes! The Isle is MINE!

(...reads stats...)

WTF? I still have only 1 IC? Well! This calls for (censored) warfare!

I know I can defeat Massachuttes. I just need the nudge... :hmm:

Also, what if I blockaded the famous University of Hartford from Massachuttes.

Well, he has more men (4 Infantry and 4 reservists) than me (1 militia 3 Infantry and 3 reservists.) But I can (censored) my ships for their (censored) to produce mass effect... also I can (censored) the woods and northward. Or I can give Rhode Island Freedom (Bah!). Many chances for victory: but only a fast one.

OOC: WTF are you talking about? You still only have 1 IC because the war isn't over.

The University of Hartford is in Hartford, CT, not Massachusetts.

Also, my ships out number you almost 6-1 and you're bottle up in Long Island Sound. Try anything you like, it won't end well for you.

@Luckymoose: You were winning, why give up territory to Kentucky?

IC: To the People of Connecticut
From The Republic of Massachusetts
Your king has led you into a needless war against a neighbor. While Benedict Arnold was a great general and leader, his progeny is not. We beg you to overthrow the unjust monarch who rules over you, so that we may discuss peace without unnecessary loss of life.

Top Bottom