A Brave New World

To: Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Franklin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, New England, Nova Scotia, Canada, and Quebec
From Carolina

We ask your assistance with driving the Virginia’s out Carolina We further recommend that Maryland and Delaware be removed from “Greater Virginia “ and that people of these nations be allowed elect their own leaders. It is obvious that Virginia intends to recreate the United States of America through military force. They must be stopped now before they grow to big to be stopped. Do you want to contend with a Virginia that stretches from Pennsylvania to Georgia?

We present the following diplomacy as another reason to be alarmed by Virginia

To Carolina
From New Jersey

Your squabbles are no concern of ours.

<i>And you and Kentucky are not contending to do the same?</i>

Kentucky has not. We have not waged one act of aggression in our entire history. And this confederacy you speak of is a byproduct of Virginia's invasion of Carolina. The rest of us see you now as you have always been, a vicious tyrant of a nation and we will not allow you to dominate us.

Plans for such a Confederation have been around since far earlier than our war against Carolina.

If you're going to lie, at least try a little harder.

Any free spots for a newcomer and first-time NESer?

Welcome zxcvbnm, to the Halls of NESing

So are there any open spots?

What would you recommend?

Well if bombshoo doesn't act any time soon or confirm he's playing, Ohio will be open. Other American nations open are Quebec (invaded at the moment) and possibly soon Vermont (a militaristic little nation with its neighbors just starting some wars).

In Europe there's few options. Only Serbia and Tunisia remain open in the area.

Also, almost all of South America is open, those nations are out of the way, I'd recommend them highest of all to a first-time NESer.

Edit: I'll take Venezuela

What should I include in the orders?

OOC: Welcome zxcvbnm, to NESing.

The orders should include

1) Your stats

2) What you are going to spend your Military, Public and Private economy on. Read the rules about the areas you can improve with the different kinds of economy.

3) Details about your spendations - fx you could create a well-written background about your new army system

4) New diplomatic stuff about your nation (If any), fx if you have allied with Austria it might be a good idea to mention it have happened in your orders.

Remember to be creative :D

Plans for such a Confederation have been around since far earlier than our war against Carolina.

If you're going to lie, at least try a little harder.

Kentucky has not been contacted to join such a system until after your invasion of Carolina. If nations had planned it beforehand then we have no knowledge of such.

@EQ: i didn't realize that you pushed the deadline up earlier, is it possible if you take my spending orders for last turn (that would put me at 4 PC in military and 2 PC in econ)?

I have a question. Can I 'Disassemble' my ships for their guns and crew? I was thinking that running a ship up a river. take lumber and cannons out. And build a Bigger than normal for in the vinity. Also, Can I spend my 1 IC on Forts?

I just want to continue my advantage of Quality over quantity.

@ThomAnder: Sure it'll be updated with the next update.

@Charles LI, Well, disassembling the ships wouldn't really help much since all you have is two small frigates. You can spend your IC on forts. I'd recommend looking at the terrain of Connecticut to determine where you'd want to put it.

The Treaty of Port-au-Prince

1) Brazil and Mexico will receive land within Haiti for naval bases. The land will be the sovereign territory of Brazil and Mexico and not Haiti.

2) Haiti agrees to never again turn to the policy of Piracy, and will consult with Brazil and Mexico before building any naval forces within the next ten years.

3) Brazil and Mexico promise to take steps to abolish the slave trade.

4) Haiti will become an allied nation to the APL. They will sign a mutual defense pact with the APL, but will not receive the other benefits of the alliance until Haiti is able to contribute as much as the other two nations.

5) Brazil and Mexico promise to turn over Jean Boyer to the Haitian Rebels should he be captured alive. Every effort will be made to do so.

6) Haiti recognizes that Brazil and Mexico have no control over Spanish actions.

7)
Brazil and Mexico will turn over all Haitian lands in our possession, as determined by the 1830 borders, with the exception of the naval bases, over to the Haitian rebels after all government forces have been eliminated.

Signed
Emperor Pedro I of Brazil

Signed
Emperor Augustin of Mexico

Signed
The Taino Republic

@ThomAnder: Sure it'll be updated with the next update.

@Charles LI, Well, disassembling the ships wouldn't really help much since all you have is two small frigates. You can spend your IC on forts. I'd recommend looking at the terrain of Connecticut to determine where you'd want to put it.

Well, since I don't have Paint the best I can do is to discribe co-ordinates and hopefully a small town that is easily located.

BTW when are orders due?

To: Brazil

The Taino Republic will sign such a treaty, as we had agreed upon. You will, I am sure, excuse us for not sending a signature, as elections have yet to take place, and may not for several years as we continue to quell unrest.

To: The World

Jean Boyer and his dictatorial mulatto government is now gone, as is its policy of piracy and unfair treatment of the black majority of our island. With its dissolution, aided greatly by Brazil, Mexico, and Spain, the Taino Republic has been formed. We will bring equality to the poor blacks of our island and revitalize our African culture in all its noble aspects. We hope that we will be given the respect that all nations deserve.

To: Spain

As the war is now, essentially, at a close, we would like to thank you for your assistance in ending Jean Boyer's government as well. We would also appreciate your vacating the island as soon as you feel it within your power to do so.

King Karl XIV sat in his dinner room, with his advisers and friends. He seemed concerned. This new war between Russia and England was worrying him. He knew that the lands of Sweden-Norway were right in between the two waring nations, and so he had called this meeting to discuss the possibility of Sweden-Norway entering the war.

"Absolutely, sir, we must join this war!" one adviser exclaimed, through a mouthful of roast lamb. "Sir, this could be a chance to prove ourselves to the world! Don't mess with Scandinavians!" some of the guests nodded and mumbled in agreement, while others sat trying to politely hide the looks of disgust that crossed their faces at the thought of what he had just said.

"But sir," another man spoke, "No one has yet bothered us. No one has asked us to join the war on their side. What could we possibly hope to accomplish by going to war? I don't see anything coming out on our side. No matter what nation we ally with, Sweden-Norway can only be hurt by the outcome."

There was more agreement around the table, as well as some vocal calls of disagreement. The first man slammed his fist down on the table angrily and proclaimed, "No, if we get involved on the English side, we have the chance of gaining land from the Russians. We can liberate our fellow Scandinavians in Finland, and add glory to your kingdom." More agreement, as well as some boos. The man stood and smiled at all of his supporters seated around the table.

"Ah, yes," the second man started in again, "but what example do we want to set here? By turning against our Russian allies, we would be sending a clear message to the rest of the world: Do not trust the backstabbing Scandinavians." Cheers and jeers rang out through the hall.

The whole time the King sat there, taking it all in. True, adding Finland to the kingdom would help in the long term, but at the same time, turning against their allies, both in England and Russia, could hurt them, in the long term. It was now up to the king to decide whether it was worth while to sacrifice the lives of so many young men, when the best possible outcome could be a bit more land to call their own, and the worst, complete annihilation of of the kingdom he was now in charge of.

After a few hours of bickering and arguing, King Karl XIV finally stood up at the head of the table. "My friends," he started, waving his arms out to all that were seated. Everyone at the table stopped talking immediately to give the king their attention, "I have reached my decision. The Kingdom of Sweden-Norway shall not join the war, unless our safety is completely at risk. Until then, we shall stay neutral, and try to improve our own citizen's way of life before we worry about expanding through war."

If Spain is not mentioned, then this treaty is null and void. A state of war continues between Haiti and Spain unless:

A: I receive some bases/land.

B: The Taino Republic becomes a Spanish satellite.

Either this happens or war.

To Russia
From Britain:

You are fools to think that despite our losses you will be victorious. We won the day i'd remind you and it was your cities that burned as a result. Englishmen dont waste their time attacking helpless colonies on the other side of the world, in fact we fight like men face to face and where the problem is. You and your traitorous allies who would stoop so low as to invade the Popes land itself will be crushed before our might. There will be no larger Russian empire anytime soon in Europe. We'll send you crying all the way to the Urals.
We scoff at your suggestion. Russia entered the war to help the German people, and will not back down until they are ruled by a better government. This war will not end until Austria surrenders.
Why do you bring the "Papal scandal" into this? Your people don't even care about the Pope: in fact most despise him. It was also never our intention to invade them: Sardinia-Piedmont acted unilaterally out of fear that the Papal States would annex them otherwise.

Huge story

We have not responded to your last query yet because we have been busy with a virtual reality game called RL. We will consider selling Finland to you. However, you should be aware that the Finnish people are as different from the rest of the Scandinavians as the French are from the Germans, and that the Russians are mostly descended from the Finns.

To: Spain

These terms are unacceptable, and you will find the continuation of this war exhausting on your economy. We advise you to withdraw now with your army and morale relatively intact; if the French could not hold our island, you will have no greater success in doing so.

Top Bottom