A Brave New World

To Portugal
hmm? it is up to the new republic to decided if they wish to give you a naval base, but we are more then willing to let you use our ports and repair yards for resupply and repair at cost.

OOC: Keep building naval bases on Haiti and soon the whole island will be one Huge naval base :p

OOC: Sorry for Double Post EQ but Eaglestriker has been in contact with me, we live nearby each other and she says she has been having huge problems logging on and has decided just to give up. She apologizes for the inconvenience but theres a lot going on a the moment and the last thing she needs is login issues.

Orders Sent!!! Finally...

OCC: @EQandcivfanatic

Would this division of Carolina be acceptable to you? No nasty surprises during the update? Or do you expect Carolina to suicide itself against two powerful neighbors. I understand that I can call up reserves, but I think any short term successes would be undone in the long run

To: Virginia

You were trying to make us one of this confederation. Tennessee demonstrated we had no prior knowledge of this confederation. We were thanking them for helping us expose your lie

To: Virginia and Tennessee

Will the land owners including the members of the House of Lords be allowed to keep their property?

To: Spain

It is good that you have accepted a reasonable peace. We hope for further cooperation in the future.

To: Portugal

We do not treat well with demands as to our territory; those given to Brazil and Mexico were for the return of the land they occupied and the destruction of the remainder of Jean Boyer's government, those given to Spain so as to allow for the return of the land they occupied.

While Portugal has no such offers to make, we are more than willing to allow you to construct a pair of naval bases upon our island provided we are allowed to tax any trade that flows through these bases. This will be a beneficial scenario for us both.

@Anon, the dvision of Carolina is fine with me if it's fine with you. The House of Lords is of course the people you should be most concerned about, but you seem to have already determined that.

To: Carolina

The current land owners of private land may keep their rights. However we will need access to government controlled buildings such as Forts, armories, ports etc. Do not fear the people of Carolina shall be well taken care of for their compliance.

OOC: I don't get what you are asking. Are you basically saying you want control of South Carolina? Or are you surrendering all together and going to play a different nation?

OOC: what happens if there's IC left, spent to a certain type but then unspecified?

ooc: i have the same question as human-slaughter. do you still plan on playing as carolina in some way?

To Carolina
From Virginia

We believe you have confused yourselves. Virginia knew of the confederation being planned by Tennessee and Kentucky. We were against joining it ourselves. We have no need or want to create a Confederacy with Virginia. Please get this straight.

And as for the House of Lords, we will have to take this into consideration [ooc: i.e. I need to talk to EQ to know exactly what this House of Lords is].

I'm probably going to drop this NES. Sorry guys.

@Jason, the House of Lords is the Parliament of Carolina. Basically it's only for the wealthy, landowning aristocrats.

To: The Taino Republic

We accept your offer, and will pay tax as long as it doesn't get overwhelming and unnecessary.

OCC: Sorry for the late reply. It has been a busy day. I planned to give up as Carolina. I could call up reserves and fight a bloody fight for a couple of turns. In fact if it was latter in the NES I probably would fight on. But I feel this point and time is better spent developing a nation. Rather then fighting a protracted war that will cause me to fall behind I plan to move onto a new nation. I assume there are no plans to all me to survive in any shape or form.

The House of Lords is asking you to guarantee their rights to their personal property. If you confiscate their land as war booty, they will fight on. If you allow them to retire to their estates, they will surrender peacefully. The assumption being they are wealthy and would be able to regain influence in their new countries.

Think of it this way. You will probably need these guys to make sure the common people stay under control and don’t try to start any rebellions or a guerilla war.

OOC: Makes total sense. Thanks for the clarification.

To: Tennessee and Virginia

Are we in agreement? Carolina will surrender to Tennessee and both nations will guarantee that the members of the House of Lords will retain their personal property. Land Slaves, etc?

OCC: Then I will resign and leave you guys to rule the south.

To: Carolina

We accept your surrender. We ask that the Militia of Carolina stay and work with the new governments in building a strong and supportive government in North and South Carolina.

To Carolina
From Virginia

As stated by Tennessee, Virginia also accepts your surrender, and asks the local Carolina militia to work with our forces to help keep peace and order during the transition.

Top Bottom