1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Brief History Of Fanatikou 4000BC - 410 AD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by deshelbr, Feb 4, 2004.

1. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Very Enlightening for me as a newcomer. Great maps as well. Keep up the great work

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

aw where's my credit for being the frontrunner for the location for cha ching? :p

that's right.. im the one who pushed really hard to build it on the gold :D

Great work though.

3. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

Cool, newcomers are really who I wrote this for. The best stuff is in the next couple of chapters. I'm working on getting it all done quickly.

4. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

It's also good for lurkers who aren't up to snuff on current events as they should be... :rolleyes:

5. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Very good, deshelbr. For some more information, check our secure server:

Secure Site

Archives there date back to 1830 B.C., though it's no longer updated on a regular basis by our turn players.

6. deshelbr

Oh, trust me, I know my way around the secure server. I've sifted through every piece of information out there. I've omitted a lot of details here and tried to stick to what I felt were the important highlights. If there is any important event you feel I'm overlooking or misrepresenting please let me know.

I've got a whole timeline with all my notes written out right now that brings us up to current events. As I flesh the timeline out into something that reads nicely I'm posting it here. I hope to be done by Friday night.

7. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I really appreciate your work, it's a big bonus to all newbies and can be used to get info fast about the important things happened here. :)

8. deshelbr

Ok, that's it, I'm "done". I'm sure I'll be going back and making little corrections here and there, but it is essentially finished. So, post away. I'm going to the islands for a few days, I'll address all comments, criticism, and questions when I get back.

I'd also like to thank everyone's contributions in this project and your overwhelming support. Without the efforts to archive all records in the game by the active players this wouldn't have been possible.

Most importantly I'd like to thank everyone who has been actively playing for the last year and created such an interesting history to write about. I couldn't be playing with a better group of people and wouldn't want to be anywhere else in our civ-world. Go Fanatikou!

:thanx:

9. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

When we post this on the UN forums, lets just forgoe that little secret apolyton-fanatikou secret alliance. We wouldn't want them in on the fun, would we now ;)

10. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Or the little in-team battles...;)

11. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Wait no mention of me messing with GCA's head. I had a ball doing that. I just remembered that I did that.

12. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

:goodjob:

13. deshelbr

Thank you!

I think that was for me.

14. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

You earned it. :)

15. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Beautiful job, deshelbr! I'm glad you took the time to write an accurate and interesting history of our country. Your unique maps and style of writing made it all the better. By all means, sticky!

16. bluice

bluice Chieftain

This is absolutely fantastic!, I'm new into the multisite concept (as I have been a citizen at 1BC's single player DGame for a year). And I would have to say that reading this was the most beneficial piece of text for me personally so far, ove again thank you very much...:goodjob:

17. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

This thread is finally and rightfully stickied. :)

I can't believe that I haven't yet posted my kudos in this thread. This is a sprawling achievement that will allow our citizens to reference our history. I can't wait for the next chapter!

But first we have to live it................. :D

18. dccdis

dccdis Chieftain

Yes, exellent information for a newcomer

19. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

It is good, can you please update it.

20. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Would anyone around here object if I reposted this history in the 'Memories of the Game Thread' at the UN? Our viewpoint is rather underrepresented there, and this bit might help.