1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A bug ? A cheat?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by ElorTeglen, Feb 3, 2003.

1. ElorTeglen

ElorTeglen Chieftain

Hi, dont you hate when you have upgrade a unit but must wait another turn to move it? I found out that if you zoom on a city and right click on a unit and press upgrade they will upgrade and be able to use their turn!

I call it the elor bug.

2. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

How unfortunate :(

I suspect the AI is not able to use this, so it is yet another exploit to add to the lists...

3. cromagnon

cromagnon Emperor

I have not found this to be true. When I manually choose upgrade from the city screen, the little dot above the HP meter turns red.

4. ElorTeglen

ElorTeglen Chieftain

i checked it again and itonly works when you upgrade riflemans i think or spearman...

5. Knowze Gungk

Knowze Gungk NOT a mushroom

It will only work if you zoom to that city before you actually start the turn. So when your domestic adviser pops up & asks you what you wan't to build next you click the "zoom to city" button & then, say you have a city with enemy troops next to it, you can scroll through the cities until you come to the one you want you wan't to upgrade the unit in, and there you go, you can fortify or attack in that turn.