A call to arms: Warcraft Mod

LOVE_Magiska

Warlord
There is something lacking in here. There is something lacking, and without it the world will never be complete.
Where, I ask you! Where is the Warcraft mod? Why can I not see the people of Azeroth battling the Orcish Horde anywhere on this forum? Where are the trolls, the ogres, the demons?
*collapses on the floor, sobbing*
*rises again*
Hrmm....yeees...So, anyone interested in joining me in the creation of a mod based on the rich universe of Warcraft? I can't do it all by myself, y'know ;)

This is the general outline I was planning:

Factions
The Orcish Horde (probarly divide it up into clans, with roughly the same units but separated by UU's)
Azeroth (the humans from Warcraft I )
The Alliance (probarly splitting it up into the main human nations, plus the elves and dwarves)
The Scourge (with the ability to summon demons from the Burning Legion)
The Night Elves
Nerubians (could go along with the Undead I guess, but still)
Trolls

Any more suggestions? I'm strongly considering making Burning Legion units avaidable to ALL factions, but I'm not sure yet.

Techtree
Probarly splitting it up in a way remniscent to the games (Warcraft 1 = era 1, Warcraft 2 = era 2 etc etc), though I'm not sure if that's the best solution.
Any ideas?

I'm also planning on making magic a BIG part of the mod, kinda like MoM.

Well, this will be all for now. I hope that someone will be interested, because as I said I can't do all this by myself. The ideas are still very rough and unpolished, so I could defiently use some comments and critisicm om them :)

For the era's you could just go down an easier route and name them tech advances i.e. iron age, bronze age, magic age etc. Or give them different flavour like naming them after actions i.e. age of conquest, age of discovery etc. Or you name them after gods i.e. the age of kronos, the age of horus, the age of jupiter etc. Or you could just give them years spaced by a hundred years or so e.g. 1200, 1300, 1400 and 1500.

What do you think? :king:

I wouldn't bother, Blizzard are too mean-spirited to allow such things.

Right :(
Well, I'm off to grovel and beg on my knees at the Blizzard Tower of Doom, I'll be back with a report later.

I believe Blizzard already shut down the Warcraft mod that some folks made for StarCraft some time back, so I'm doubtful that they'll be to keen on this idea, great as it is and all.

Master Kodama said:
I believe Blizzard already shut down the Warcraft mod that some folks made for StarCraft some time back, so I'm doubtful that they'll be to keen on this idea, great as it is and all.

They wouldn't allow a Warcraft mod for Starcraft? How stupid.

They won't allow a Diablo, Warcraft, or Starcraft mod as far as my experiences go. I've already tried. Had a guy making one behind the scene, but he stopped e-mailing me, so I think he quit or thought I worked for Blizzard. :crazyeye: I wish this was possible to make, and I'll cross my fingers for you, but they are usually very adamant about their own games. They arent too worried about the free advertisements these mods would be for them either. Too bad for them I guess.

Top Bottom