1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A city state kicked ITSELF out of the game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Tiberiu, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Chieftain

First time I've seen this. Seems weird to think it's even possible, and that CS were not programmed to auto-annex if this happens.

So -

1. Singapore captures Arretium from Rome and sets it to be razed.
    2. I capture Singapore.
    3. Singapore sees nothing wrong with letting Arretium burn to the ground.

CS suicide.jpg

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

People from Singapore are living under you gentle rule in Singapore. In a sense singapore is still in the game

3. JBryan314

JBryan314 US Army Combat Vet and Intelligence Agent

That’s interesting. I have played through a handful of long games in Civ V so far and I haven’t seen a CS take anything from a Civ yet.

4. Nizef

Nizef Prince

I think it depends on the level of play. On Deity, also the CS have so many units that they for sure can conquer another city. That happens in my experience as often as once every five games or so, maybe even more often. This is especially fulfilling, if one of your CS allies can take out the last city of an AI you are at war with. But what Tiberiu described has never happened to me.