I'm also unable to run a game of this with any other mods enabled.

After the 1.03 patch it seems the author added the needed mods(ie. limiting tech and era) when I removed these the game loaded. It's tedious,but remove your mods one at a time and retry till it loads.Only mods I am using are QC tweaks and barbarian exp and it works well.

Yeah I think later this afternoon I'll go through and see if I can pinpoint which mod is causing the problem.

I also, yesterday, tried to start a family normal game (playing as America on a YNAMP earth map) and random characters (but GOT leaders enabled) and it was the same thing -- didn't even get to the leader screen before re-routing to the original menu. I had to completely remove the GOT mod (unsub on steam and re-start civ) to get a game to load at all.

FWIW decamatus, I love the mod! I think it's a pretty impressive start.

V1.0.4: The Ruleset Update has been released!

Hello everyone!

I've been busy trying to get the Scenario back in order after the Summer update and after very little success I am back to creating standard content for the mod. Luckily, Qyburn was kind enough to share the blueprints for his new contraption so I could whip something up to give players a bit more of a chance against the Targaryen dragons! Deploy the new Scorpion siege unit to keep the Dragons at bay, soon you may need them for more fearsome cavalry...

Be on the look out for the Wild Essos expansion pack, including Khal Drogo, the Free Cities of Essos, new maps, new religions, and more coming soon!

V1.0.4 Patch Notes:

New Features:

• Added a new unit; the Scorpion. A late game siege unit capable of dealing massive damage to dragons and other cavalry units.
  • Updated the Civics tree to include some additonal civics that were previously removed from the base game including the civics which unlock critical game mechanics like Corps and Armies, and Archeology.
Bug Fixes:
  • Resolved an issue the was preventing units from upgrading into their level II counterparts
  • Removed the obnoxious new "Fear of Losing" agenda from the summer update from all leaders

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me how to make it so that multiplayer teams share vision in this mod? It is seriously frustrating that they do not especially on a map of this size!

V1.0.4: The Scorpion Update has been released!

Hello everyone!

I've been busy trying to get the Scenario back in order after the Summer update and after very little success I am back to creating standard content for the mod. Luckily, Qyburn was kind enough to share the blueprints for his new contraption so I could whip something up to give players a bit more of a chance against the Targaryen dragons! Deploy the new Scorpion siege unit to keep the Dragons at bay, soon you may need them for more fearsome cavalry...

Be on the look out for the Wild Essos expansion pack, including Khal Drogo, the Free Cities of Essos, new maps, new religions, and more coming soon!

Check it out on the Steam Workshop now and if you like the mod and can afford to throw me a bone, check out my Patreon! Patrons get early access to early versions of the mod, current patrons get access to the War of the Five Kings scenario!

Check out the trailer:

WOW! Great Mod. I've played three games so far and REALLY like it.

Could you possibly post the mod here as well as on Steam? I just got Civ VI for my iPad and you can only load mods onto it by sideloading. Hence you have to have a copy of the mod on your computer to sideload vice relying on mods on the Steam Cloud like you do with the PC version of the game.

Thanks!!!

V1.0.5 Wild Essos has been released!

Hello everyone!

After a much longer than desired hiatus due to life getting in the way, I bring you the Wild Essos update!

Check it out on the Steam Workshop now and if you like the mod and can afford to throw me a bone, check out my Patreon! Patrons get access to early versions of the mod when I have time to get them together!

V1.0.5 Patch Notes:

New Features:

- Two new leaders representing two new civilizations;
- Mance Rayder representing the Wildlings
- Khal Drogo representing the Dothraki

- New City-States:
- The Free Cities of Essos including Braavos, Lorath, Lys, Myr, Norvos, Pentos, Qohor, Tyrosh, and Volantis along with the greatest city that ever was or will be, Qarth.

- New Map:
- Westeros Essos (Huge): This is a huge sized TSL map that contains everything from the Wall to Qarth!

- New Art:
- A few leaders have new artwork

Balance Changes:

- The maintence cost of dragons has been doubled.

Bug Fixes:

- Completely removed archaeologists. No matter what I tried the AI refused to keep a reasonable number of these on the map and it always caused issues.

@Tirrikface, this should now be a select-able option for both of the map rulesets.
@Tobywan82 and any other looking for a direct download, I'll make sure one gets added to this page before the next update as I've had quite a few people asking for this.

V1.0.5 Wild Essos has been released!

Hello everyone!

After a much longer than desired hiatus due to life getting in the way, I bring you the Wild Essos update!

Check it out on the Steam Workshop now and if you like the mod and can afford to throw me a bone, check out my Patreon! Patrons get access to early versions of the mod when I have time to get them together!

V1.0.5 Patch Notes:

New Features:

- Two new leaders representing two new civilizations;
- Mance Rayder representing the Wildlings
- Khal Drogo representing the Dothraki

- New City-States:
- The Free Cities of Essos including Braavos, Lorath, Lys, Myr, Norvos, Pentos, Qohor, Tyrosh, and Volantis along with the greatest city that ever was or will be, Qarth.

- New Map:
- Westeros Essos (Huge): This is a huge sized TSL map that contains everything from the Wall to Qarth!

- New Art:
- A few leaders have new artwork

Balance Changes:

- The maintence cost of dragons has been doubled.

Bug Fixes:

- Completely removed archaeologists. No matter what I tried the AI refused to keep a reasonable number of these on the map and it always caused issues.

@Tirrikface, this should now be a select-able option for both of the map rulesets.
@Tobywan82 and any other looking for a direct download, I'll make sure one gets added to this page before the next update as I've had quite a few people asking for this.

WOOT! Thanks for: 1) The direct download. 2) Mance Rayder 3) Essos and 4) getting rid of those damn archaeologists.

For anyone desperate for a direct download, you can fake it by finding your steam workshop folder and locating the file and copying it to your users mod directory (feel free to rename the folder, has no effect on the mod name). For me that path is ....\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\964610932 but I don't know if the number naming system is consistent.

As an aside I haven't tested what happens if you do this without changing the mod name in its .modinfo and still have it subscribed on workshop. I imagine it just dupes without a way to tell which is which in additional content.

I needed to find it myself because I've been quietly modding this mod for personal use to try to further polish the immense amount of work decamatus has put into it.

Last edited:
I would LOVE a direct download for this. I have the iPad version, and after a couple google searches figured out it can run the same MODs as the Steam version. I'm a HUGE Ice & Fire fan, so this would be a blast to play. But unfortunately without a Steam version of the game installed I can't use the "Workshop" download. Let me know if there's a way.

re: the post above... I'm on a Mac, so I suspect the directory will be a different one. But more problematic is the fact that I don't have any Steam games installed on this Mac. (I use it for work, and haven't had a gaming PC in ages.) I tried running a search for folders like "steam" or "steamapp" in the OSX Finder, but to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

Hello There, your mod seems terrific! I've discovered it with TheGameCommon on youtube and loved it immediatly!

Sadly I've tried everything to get it from steam (with steam mods downloaders, with the workshop folder ...) and... i still cannot access it :'(

Would it be possible to have a direct link to it, or another workaround ?

Once again great job !
Thank you for it!

Do you have any intention of sharing the Mod via direct link? I see questions about this, but you did not answer anyone! Do you have any specific reason?

Top Bottom