1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A Civ without a City

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by CivRulez07, Mar 17, 2012.

1. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

In my game, I am at war with the Aztecs. I managed to take all of Monty's cities without a problem. However, when I took his last city, he still had a Great General, which was in my territory since I had taken the city. I had assumed that the unit would be destroyed when I took the city, but that wasn't the case. The Great General embarked and went off into the ocean before I could destroy it. So right now I'm still at war with Montezuma, but he doesn't have any cities - all he has is that one Great General that could be anywhere in the world.

Has this happened to anyone else - is it part of the game? Or is it some sort of strange computer glitch? I had assumed that when you took a civ's last city, they would be conquered.

2. clint0601

clint0601 Chieftain

He might have a city on a small island in the ocean. That's the only thing I can think of.

3. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

Or you enabled the total kill advanced game option, where a civ will only be eliminated, if it lost all cities AND all units.