A Cold War for this Cold Winter... Multiplayer Game

Well, that would be up to @civ2units as I think he is concerned about timeliness. While both civs are small, they may be more than he wishes to handle. I'm not against the idea in principle, but we should probably address the turn order.

It might make more sense for the civs to be picked in this order (normally the Non-Aligned is 7 and China is 3).

1. Non-Aligned
2. China
3. Soviets
4. ProEast
5. USA
6. ProWest
7. Europe

Those which are picked first in a MP game go first from my testing. Having this order would make it convenient for civ2units and Prof. Garfield to manage their civs.

Another option if civ2units wasn't keen to play two civs would be to have Prof. Garfield play China until they are unified and then abandon them to the AI.

I can play with China too, if you wish. But I see you already started the game.

Ok so basically you will play after techumseh and also after Prof. Garfield then.

Is it possible for the Non-Aligned or China to get nukes later in game?
I'm thinking about to nuke the Non-Aligned or China, depending on who gets the nukes first.:D

It should be and if by some chance I messed up the @leaders2 and it isn't, we will need to correct that :)

Can you please re-post a list of the various hot key commands that are possible in the scenario? Thanks.

Here it is from the readme, for reference. If you haven't taken a peek at the document yet I do suggest you browse through it (I tried to keep it manageable) as there are some important things to know in game mechanics, and some hints for each tribe (which is also useful for knowing how to play against them)..

upload_2021-1-23_4-17-43.png

Also while we're on the topic, let's make sure everyone has read these three house rules as they're important:

upload_2021-1-23_4-23-15.png

Just to give an example of #3, if @Prof. Garfield were to attack, say, South Korea with Russian or Chinese forces, I couldn't say "That is a direct attack on America!" and use it as an excuse for full-blown war. However, if he landed with his main civ in Mexico or Cuba I could cite the Monroe Doctrine to try to get him to back down. He could still spawn a rebel uprising in Mexico, and he could still sell weapons to this uprising and fight with the Pro-Eastern proxy, however.

This of course doesn't mean that he can't decide that he's going to do it. It just means that I can warn him that if he does, there's war between us. I wanted to limit the places I could do that, so that there are plenty of proxy conflicts, which is why i did this.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Also as one aside I do note that North Korea does border both the Soviet Union and China so the U.S. will need to be careful about how any conflict on that peninsula is handled. Note, however, that the main civ is not forced to declare "this is war between us" - they simply can.

upload_2021-1-23_4-23-33.png

This is for stuff like the U-2 incident. If a spy plane shows up over your territory, you can shoot it down without the game declaring that there is a war, as the status will be reset. How the other player reacts to that is up to them, but it would be rather cheeky for me to say that the Soviets were aggressors if they shoot down a spy plane over Moscow. It might be a different story if it was shot down over international waters.

Any questions, comments or concerns, let me know.

The Indian folks welcomes Jawaharlal Nehru, the new Prime Minister of the Indian Republic. "There shall be peace and harmony every where, even if we have to fight a apocalyptic nuclear war" he said during
his inauguration. "People all over the world, the time of European colonialism is over. Declare your independence and fight for freedom." The crowd is sheering.

Mahatma Gandhi, new Foreign and War Minister, asking the Pakistans for peace. "The bloody war on our borders has to end" he said. "Let's hope, that Pakistan is also interested in peace and harmony."
Indian troops defeated some Pakistani troops with own casualties. Reports of nationalist uprising in Indonesia.

upload_2021-1-23_14-42-32.png

Jawaharlal Nehru, congratulated by an elephant during inauguration.

Turkey has been aligned to the Pro East.
Thessaloniki has been captured by the Pro East.
Davao has been captured by the Pro East.

The Soviet Union and the Pro East propose the following diplomatic understanding to promote peace in Europe (which includes Turkey for these purposes):

1. Greece is partitioned between the Pro East and Pro West, with Thessaloniki being Pro East. Pro Western Forces can capture Athens with its international port. Pro East and Pro West forces in Greece will not attack each other. Athens shall not be used as a staging area to attack Turkey or Albania.

2. Neither the Soviet Union nor the Western Powers will attempt to align Finland.

3. The Soviet Union will not attack Pro Western forces in Europe, unless first attacked by those forces. If attacked by Pro Western forces, war shall be limited to the country that made the attack. Similarly, Europe and the USA will not attack Pro Eastern forces in Europe, unless first attacked, and war shall be limited to the country that made the attack. Wars in Europe shall be explicitly declared.

4. Freedom of navigation on international waters shall be maintained. Choke points between seas and oceans shall not be blocked.

The Eastern Block is open to counter proposals if the Western Powers feel that something has been overlooked, or that their interests in Europe are inadequately protected. We would very much like to believe that the West is interested in preventing another general European War.

Information has been "leaked" to Western spies that the Soviet Union is examining the feasibility of a direct intervention in Greece.

@civ2units is next for China.

Attachments

• 1947augProEast.hot.zip
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
Mao Zedong, commander of the Chinese People's Army, calls up for every chinese men and women to arm with whatever weapon and fight against the Nationalist.
Mao's troops liberated Datong. Some Nationalists joined our glory army.

Attachments

• 1947augChina.zip
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
August, 1947

Mere months after declaring a doctrine of "containment," President Truman is confronted with a reality of much of the globe descending into the madness of Communism. Turkey and much of Greece have fallen to the Communists, catching American planners completely off guard. More shockingly, the Philippines have followed suit. This is too shocking for America, as much blood was shed just a few years ago to wrest the islands from Japan's grasp. The American response is swift, with naval and air elements of the Pacific Fleet shelling insurgents across the islands. One Frigate, however, is struck by an RPG and sunk.

While considering the Soviet proposal for European affairs, the American ambassador to Greece convinces their allies to sign a cease fire and draw a new demarcation of Northern Greece and Southern Greece (Athens). The United States is not in a position to comment on other matters proposed and leaves that to the Europeans. As for the sea lanes, America will always support free trade, though our national interests will always take precedence.

Meanwhile, Congress confronts the growing red tide with a witch-hunt.

upload_2021-1-23_13-9-7.png

Meanwhile, in world events:

-Philippine nationalist retake Davao and advance on Manila thanks to the support of the U.S. Navy.
-The peace delegation led by Mr. Gandhi has succeeded as Pakistan agrees to a cease fire with India.
-In Greece, Athens falls to Pro-West forces, but American pressure convinces Greek nationalists to press no further.
-The great revolution in Costa Rica advances north, seizing San Salvador.

Next up is @techumseh with Europe.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-23_13-9-12.png
    upload_2021-1-23_13-9-12.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 1947augProWest.zip
    94 KB · Views: 27
As for the sea lanes, America will always support free trade, though our national interests will always take precedence.

At the moment, the Europeans are blocking transit between the Baltic and the North Sea, as well as the Black Sea and the Mediterranean. Soviet ships are blocking access to the Adriatic, but we'll gladly move them once we're assured that our Albanian allies won't be bombarded by European Battleships. We're willing to discuss what are considered international waters, if that is considered necessary.

Top Bottom