1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Combat-Related Question

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by BlackMass, Apr 7, 2005.

1. BlackMass

BlackMass Chieftain

I have a question I'm hoping someone might be able to clarify. During a recent game as the English, I was able to secure the Statue of Zeus and amass a right good sized army of ancient cavalry - if memory serves me it was 20+ units. I never made use of these units in a war, as I was focusing on strengthening my infrastructure and building diplomatic ties with my neighbors rather than forcibly increasing my territory.

I kept these units in my inventory well into the industrial age. What I'm wondering is this: when the AI decides to attack a player, does the number of units that a player has in his arsenal affect the AI's decision to go to war? Or does the AI realize that infantry or cavalry (for example) versus ancient cavalry is really not much of a challenge, even if there are a whole bunch of them, and they'll probably attack anyways?

2. vmxa

vmxa Deity

It was patched to sort of take into account the true unit value, but to a large degree raw munbers is still a deterent. In a way that makes sense.

50 3/2/2 units will still do damage and be able to kill some units on defense in a city.

3. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

4. BlackMass

BlackMass Chieftain

Ah, awesome, thanks Mistfit! Will read it now.