A Conservative approach to CIV 4 ideas and suggestions

Garbarsardar.jr

subtitled
For the past few weeks I've been reading the Ideas and suggestions forum and I think that we could now determine some broad categories:
A. Ideas that address issues easily resolved by modding the existing game(eg. special units, unit abilities, movement, food or shield tile values, alteration in goverment types, wonder or city improvements impact)
B.Ideas of questionable feasibility despite their obvious charm(eg. RTS subroutines, or GIANT DEATH ROBOTS)
C.Ideas that are feasible, and cannot be addressed by the existing CIV editor.

The last category can be divided into two broad directions:
1. cosmetic alterations: bridges, canals, terrain graphics, 3D elements introduction, underwater and space dimension(CTP anyone?).
2. Structural alterations of the game

The target of my post is this last category

In the few years I'm playing CIV and profiting from the CIV community achievements( maps, units, mods, tools) I came to realise that the highpoint of this game is the freedom that it gives to the community to interact with it(thus introducing the basis of existence of the community-eg.try moding RON).
Therefore and given the fact that there is only a limited amount of time and resources by Firaxis to produce the new variant IMHO, I think that what (as a community) we should propose to (or ask politely from) the developpers should be in the lines of the following:
Dear Sir(s) Madam(s)
Improve the AI of the game especially in the way that it deals with the concepts of trade, research and unit movement.
Introduce wherever possible new production, research and macro-management concepts.
Introduce a more versatile and user-friendly micro-management interface.
Include an editor fully compatible with these changes and as in-depth as humanely possible.
And finally
WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TAKE ANY STEPS THAT WILL IMPAIR OR RESTRICT IN ANY WAY THE ABILITY OF THE USERS TO INTERACT WITH THE GAME
Because that is and will always be the main selling point.

Thank you all for your patience.

Top Bottom