A Conversation Between AI Leader & AI Settler

BuckeyesNYC

Chieftain
AI Leader: So we're ready to expand, you chumps over there; pack it up!

AI Settler: Seems like just yesterday that we got settled here...

AI Leader: It was. You're like the fourth one I'm talking to today.

AI Settler: Very well, my lord, where to?

AI Leader: Anywhere.

AI Settler: ... Like down the river, over on the sea shore, or...?

AI Leader: Like, literally, anywhere. You can't miss.

AI Settler: Uh, alright... Would you like us to be nearby?

AI Leader: No. In fact, I don't want to see you at all. Here, take this warrior with you so that you can survive the journey across the continent.

AI Settler: Across the continent? We should set up somewhere near here so we can get a trade network going and centralize our assets-

AI Leader: Nonsense! I saw some gold over there, like, three thousand miles away. It was in the middle of an inhospitable desert, but-

AI Settler: GOLD? :woohoo:

AI Leader: Yeah... So, we're cool?

AI Settler: I'm gone. Later. I'll be sure to write. If you need me, I'll be on the other side of the continent.

Seriously, what the hell is with AI settling in this game? They don't stick together at all. They spread out over the entire continent and get all mixed up. Very few actually centralize in one location. Is is very annoying.

Doesn't appear to happen all the time. But the Germans have in both my games so far settled one of their cities far from their core.

But this doesn't happen with a lot of the other civs.

I think that's about it. Either that or they have Nagi from Recettear leading the way, (or Ryoga from Ranma 1/2).

I've seen that happen a couple of times. It is usually one AI just per game.

Another quirk is that other Civs are expanding naturally while one Civ will just have its capital even after 500 AD.
Conversely, I have seen both Catherine and Napoleon spread like the plague. 27 cities by 500 AD on Standard map? Holy crap. Around half may be puppets, but that is still a lot of unhappiness there... I bet the AI can o0nly do that because of their happiness bonus, if a human player did that they would be at -30 :mad:

I've had Russia cross the continent to settle their third city right next to my Capitol.

I always tell myself the civ who has one capital is going for a culture win, this way I stay sane. I've seen one civ who had two cities, but neither had improvements. I remedied it by conquering him.

Catherine does spread out <snip>. I had to quit one game because Hiawatha put a city right next to mine, and the Iroquois capital was on the other end of the continent. And then Germany was putting his cities in bad locations too, and it pissed me off so much I just left the game.

Moderator Action: Please don't make sexually crude references
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Catherine does spread out<snip>. I had to quit one game because Hiawatha put a city right next to mine, and the Iroquois capital was on the other end of the continent. And then Germany was putting his cities in bad locations too, and it pissed me off so much I just left the game.

You know you can capture enemy cities, right? You don't have to just quit.

Catherine does spread out <snip>. I had to quit one game because Hiawatha put a city right next to mine, and the Iroquois capital was on the other end of the continent. And then Germany was putting his cities in bad locations too, and it pissed me off so much I just left the game.

easy pickings not a quit worthy event.

Well, of course I could do that, but I'm a roleplayer, and a culture expanding in random places across a giant continent that weren't in any way connected really bothered me.

That makes no sense. culture in V move very slowly and when you take ove r acity, you grab their entire cultural border. none of that restart from 0 thing.

I agree with Mango. It is just an annoyance that ruins my enjoyment of nation building. I like seeing actual countries align over the continent, but in 2/3 of my games, it's been a freaking patchwork quilt. I think more barbarians are needed to keep everyone in check.

That makes no sense. culture in V move very slowly and when you take ove r acity, you grab their entire cultural border. none of that restart from 0 thing.

You don't seem to understand. I make up stories as I play. When I was stuck on an island as France, I made up a story about how I was slowly taking over the barbarians of the countryside and converting them to French. If an Iroquois city popped up, way far away from the capital, with no connections, right next to where other civilizations were, it just really pissed me off.

Another quirk is that other Civs are expanding naturally while one Civ will just have its capital even after 500 AD.

If the AI is getting beat badly enough it'll often offer everything and the kitchen sink to stop a war. So it's quite possible they just got beat up and offered their remaining cities just to stop the war.

Top Bottom