A Conversation with Christopher Tin: Multiculturalism, language, and soundtracking humanity (free webinar)

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
soundtracking_humanity.jpg

Christoper Tin, our most beloved composer, will be giving a free webinar about how he is making his music.
This webinar is organized by Hal Leonard and the American Choral Directors association, and will be available on Zoom on October 4, 7 PM Eastern Time.
If you want to know more about his soundtracks, culture and music, then have a look at it.
You can sign up here, and these news have been provided by himself on Twitter.

Thanks for sharing! I still think it's interesting though that Christopher Tin gets so much more attention than Geoff Knorr. Most beloved composer for Civ, I'd much rather attribute to Knorr than Tin.
I have TBH no idea.
We're following Geoff Knorr also on Twitter, but don't hear much from him there either :dunno:.
Tin also has a new album releasing on Friday, September 30. More information here:

We have a thread about this too, https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-album-by-christopher-tin-announced-lost-birds.678199/ , but in our off-topic forum, since this was too far away from the Civ games for me.

I have TBH no idea.
We're following Geoff Knorr also on Twitter, but don't hear much from him there either :dunno:.

We have a thread about this too, https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-album-by-christopher-tin-announced-lost-birds.678199/ , but in our off-topic forum, since this was too far away from the Civ games for me.

Nah, I mean, Christopher Tin did the main menu theme for Civ VI. Everything else was Knorr, no? Knorr also made the whole OST for Beyond Earth.

I liked the music in Civ V and before that, but in Civ VI I think Knorr did something revolutionary. The concept and execution are flawless, and to top it off he made it possible to hear some folk songs that you'd normally find as a horrible recording on youtube, in crisp quality with beautiful composition. To me, Knorr is THE Civ composer.

I've been finding time to watch a few videos on Sid Meiers and now that Christopher Tin's conversation is posted here, I'll find the time to watch too since I've been a fan since Baba Yetu.

Everything else was Knorr, no?
The majority of the themes were written by Knorr (sometimes with aid from the Civ-specific musicians), though many of them were written by Roland Rizzo. The Atomic Era themes were produced by Phil Boucher.

Knorr has a YouTube channel where he posted "first listen" videos for each new expansion Civ. In them, he credits the corresponding composer, so it's a good way of knowing who did what, at least for the expansions.

I remember who composed most of the base game themes, though it's been a while lol.

Top Bottom