A country where celebrities endorse Hitlerian race theory.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
If they're of a certain coloration, that is. I don't know any (remotely recent) white celebrities who've outright stated that certain races are naturally savage.

"When [white people] didn’t have the power of the sun, the sun then started to deteriorate them, so then they’re acting out of fear, they’re acting out of low self-esteem, they’re acting out of a deficiency. So, therefore, the only way that they can act is evil. They have to rob, steal, rape, kill… in order to survive. They had to be savages, they had to be barbaric, because they’re in these Nordic mountains, they’re in these rough… environments, so they’re acting as animals. So they’re the ones that are actually closer to animals; they’re the ones that are actually the true savages."

We can compare with Nordicism:
Wikipedia said:
This argument was derived from earlier eugenicist and Social Darwinist ideas. According to the authors, the Nordic race arose in the ice age, from:

"quite a small group which, under stress of rapidly changing conditions (climate, beasts of the chase) was exposed to exceptionally rigorous selection and was persistently inbred, thus acquiring the peculiar characteristics which persist today as the exclusive heritage of the Nordic race ... Philological, archaeological and anthropological researches combine to indicate that the primal home of the Indo-Germanic [i.e. Aryan] languages must have been in Northern Europe."

Cannon did get fired after this, but it was for the antisemitic stuff (likely they just used that as an excuse to remove a PR thorn in their side, but still - why aren't claims which sound straight out of The Passing of the Great Race a fireable offense?). And people are defending him because, apparently, whether someone is of a Disadvantaged skin tone is all you need to know to judge.

Would it be prejudiced of Native Americans to expect white people to break treaties?

Alternatively: Some chips on the shoulder are.... excusable? even though they are not perhaps praiseworthy. There is a clear historical grievance there.

Would it be prejudiced of Native Americans to expect white people to break treaties?

Considering that Amerindians today are modernized, English-speaking citizens and interact with whites on a personal level, yes.

Well you know... there was that one white racist celebrity who was elected president.

Does Nick Cannon, who I've never heard of until this, run the country in some fashion?

what speech was it when he came out in support of phrenology, I can't remember

Last edited:

Alternatively: Some chips on the shoulder are.... excusable? even though they are not perhaps praiseworthy. There is a clear historical grievance there.
If they would condemn the actual people who broke the treaties, that's understandable. To tell me, "Go home, colonizer" is not. That's blaming me for the actions of others, and I don't think I deserve that.

Besides... I am home. I was born here.

You have to make a speech supporting phrenology to be a racist?

To be racist, no, to be on Cannon's level, yes.

Is Nick Cannon comparatively more harmful than all the non-celebrity white openly racist legislators, judges, sheriffs, mayors, police chiefs, etc who actually make policy?

No, but a political climate in which what he said isn't taboo could be. Those institutional racists you mentioned are hardly able to say "blacks are violent because of their evolution in the jungle" and get away with it.

Last edited:

My suspicion is that "excusable" is not the right word, because it's not. We expect no one to be ignorant, and it's not excusable if someone is.

I think that the go to that I'm going to go to is that I don't think this is really worth my time. Yeah, if it starts to become part of the zeitgeist, it'll probably be worth pushing back against.

Well you know... there was that one white racist celebrity who was elected president.

Does Nick Cannon, who I've never heard of until this, run the country in some fashion?

Wow. So in the first two posts we have whataboutism and attempted minimizing of the racist comments to defend this clown.

Really does lend credence to the idea that the left is perfectly fine with racism, as long as it's racism against the "correct" groups.

"When [white people] didn’t have the power of the sun, the sun then started to deteriorate them, so then they’re acting out of fear, they’re acting out of low self-esteem, they’re acting out of a deficiency. So, therefore, the only way that they can act is evil. They have to rob, steal, rape, kill… in order to survive. They had to be savages, they had to be barbaric, because they’re in these Nordic mountains, they’re in these rough… environments, so they’re acting as animals. So they’re the ones that are actually closer to animals; they’re the ones that are actually the true savages."

He left out how we interbred with Neanderthals too, but so did Asians and just about everyone else who left Africa way back in the before time long long ago. Our ancestors probably viewed Neanderthals as uncouth, 'savage' etc. Definitely better suited to living in cold mountainous regions without the power of the sun.

Oh I dont think breaking treaties is just a white thing

Prejudice - preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Distrusting white people because of broken treaties is reasonable given actual experience but not all white people are treaty breakers. So judging them based on what others have done is prejudicial, right?

Wow. So in the first two posts we have whataboutism and attempted minimizing of the racist comments to defend this clown.

Really does lend credence to the idea that the left is perfectly fine with racism, as long as it's racism against the "correct" groups.

Its bad, but its just not significant, and its somewhat rooted in historical (that is, factual) grievance.

Whereas white supremacy is the ideology of severely paranoid sore winners.

I do not understand what did he say wrong? I have read few books which saying same thing just by different words. Northern Europeans had few resources and had to innovate and fight to survive while Southern Europeans had all things and fancy weather so they were lazy civilized.

thats probably why civilization was born in more moderate climates while people closer to the poles had a tougher time surviving and less time for building pyramids

Pretty ironic given call-outs for people allegedly "defending racism" elsewhere to then make arguments that outright defend overt racism.

All racism is harmful and defending any of it because you think it's harmless says a lot about your character.

That I'd rather address things that affect people measurably instead of things that do not? (because the effect is tiny)

Yeah yeah, all racism is bad, but some of it is more harmful than others, and sometimes white people really did break all the treaties.

I do not understand what did he say wrong? I have read few books which saying same thing just by different words. Northern Europeans had few resources and had to innovate and fight to survive while Southern Europeans had all things and fancy weather so they were lazy civilized.

Southern Europeans are still technically white. So the power of the Sun does not apply to them as well.

Top Bottom