1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of annoyances

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by TimChuma, Apr 24, 2017.

1. TimChuma

TimChuma Chieftain

Open borders, specifically other civs abusing them or me being so gullible

What it says. This! is! what! you! get! for! being! so! greedy! Victoria! Six times she begged me to stop punching her capital. No, you started it. You cop it.

I did not take any screenshots but the double strength wall of inquistors designed to prevent religious conversion led to a war since he could not convert my cities. Stupid other civs. I was playing as Egypt who is meant to be one of the most liked players.

2. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

One of the countless issues with 1upt.

3. miked1991

miked1991 Warlord

It's annoying because all they need to do is put religious units and other civs with open borders units on a different plane so that they don't block each other due to 1 UPT. I don't sign open borders with the AI solely because of their units just getting in my way - even then I still can't improve my lands sometimes due to the carpet of religious units fighting to convert my cities.

The difficulty I guess is when you come to 2 against 1 wars it's not fair if the two civs can each put a unit on each tile. So if you start allowing units to share tiles to prevent congestion in your lands during peace time, you then need a way to prevent the sharing when it comes to 2v1 wars.

TheMeInTeam likes this.
  4. TimChuma

TimChuma Chieftain

I had one civ decide to declare war against me and then five other ones joined in. Was not doing anything or encroaching on any other lands. Was able to flip all my cities over to military production and give them a bloody nose and they would suddenly want peace. Besieging the capital is frowned upon but some of them will not learn the lesson otherwise.

5. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

How about 42 annoyances. Just got hit hard with the antiquity site hammer.

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

+20 flanking Bonus and the scout is merely half damaged, is doggy paddle that good? A dogfish perhaps?
    What really get me is that that Caravel has a +7 vs naval units... wtf, so its another type of landship?
    upload_2017-5-3_1-3-54.png

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    TimChuma and Manifold like this.
  7. narmox

narmox Emperor

Wait... How did a scout go from base strength 10 to base strength 55?

8. Victoria

Because it's embarked strength is now based on its era... although I guess I should be grateful for -4 for being embarked, for some reason I do not feel the love

narmox likes this.
  9. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Embarked strength is based on era? What a strange design decision oO

TheMeInTeam likes this.
  10. Felis Renidens

Felis Renidens Prince

well, are the scout and his dog still going to use canoes when there are better alternatives for sea travel?

11. Victoria

There is the strength in an xml table somewhere if you want me to dig them out... I think this was a "fix" in the latest patch or the one before

agonistes likes this.
  12. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

What difficulty is this with +4 strength?

13. Victoria

14. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

My dad still uses his dog and canoe.

I sleep on the bottom.

edit: of the canoe, that is.

Military uses those tiny little rubber floaties all the time.

Victoria likes this.
  15. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

How is an AI moving all it's units into your land when and not declaring war it wants to declare war an issue with 1upt?

16. LethalLeigh

LethalLeigh Prince

I Have many Little grievances but a couple of big ones. One being which, The AI can tell you to move your troops away from their border even though they are well in side your own territory.
    Yet when they sit 10 of their units right on my border I have no option to tell them to 'F' off (or a more diplomatic version).

17. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

I agree! 1UPT is totally to blame for OP giving Sumeria open borders, having no military except 1 archer on turn 140, no income, and just watching as a hoard of units waltzes through his land while he keeps building workers and and watermills, pretending everything is gonna be ok...

If those units were in a stack, OP would totally be fine!

Eliminator_Sr, Infixo and Victoria like this.
  18. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

What's the link between his income/military force and AI occupying all his tiles due to open borders?

19. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Issue is you can't work/move on your own tiles because some AI is standing on it

20. Victoria

He's not silly, he knows that. He's saying the intentions are nothing to do with 1UPT
    Put more succinctly, this issue is not a 1UPT issue, it is masked as a 1UPT issue is all just because it would not happen with civ 4 doom-stacks... well apart from a doom stack wading through your territory would be rather uncomfortable also, more so in fact.