A couple of annoyances

He's not silly, he knows that. He's saying the intentions are nothing to do with 1UPT
Put more succinctly, this issue is not a 1UPT issue, it is masked as a 1UPT issue is all just because it would not happen with civ 4 doom-stacks... well apart from a doom stack wading through your territory would be rather uncomfortable also, more so in fact.

There is a friendly AI unit on my tile. I cannot go on it. How is it not linked with 1upt ???

Barfing units all over your lands isn't the AI failing to cope with the 1upt system, it's the AI failing to cope with the diplomacy system. It tentatively decides it wants to declare war and begins starts rallying to the objective city it has decided to take. En route it for some reason fails to declare war, or changes its mind about the the war but fails to recall it's military.

There is a friendly AI unit on my tile. I cannot go on it. How is it not linked with 1upt ???
What if you declare war while your worker is under another player's swordsman? Is he immediately captured or moved? What if there is no space to move to? What about settlers? Can you settle a city with a hostile military unit on top of your settler? Does the other player immediately capture the city? These questions exist regardless of how many units can occupy a tile. Civ 6's answer is that a civilian unit just can't enter a tile already occupied by foreign military unit.

Open borders, specifically other civs abusing them or me being so gullible

What it says. This! is! what! you! get! for! being! so! greedy! Victoria! Six times she begged me to stop punching her capital. No, you started it. You cop it.

I did not take any screenshots but the double strength wall of inquistors designed to prevent religious conversion led to a war since he could not convert my cities. Stupid other civs. I was playing as Egypt who is meant to be one of the most liked players.

The best is the intelligence report, which says that Sumeria is planning a surprise attack on the Vikings.

Oh, you are Norway and allies still for 20 turns :D

What if you declare war while your worker is under another player's swordsman? Is he immediately captured or moved? What if there is no space to move to? What about settlers? Can you settle a city with a hostile military unit on top of your settler? Does the other player immediately capture the city? These questions exist regardless of how many units can occupy a tile. Civ 6's answer is that a civilian unit just can't enter a tile already occupied by foreign military unit.

Same way it worked in civ4, which is:

Inside own territory: non-issue because AI will be moved outside of your territory when war is declared.

Inside enemy territory: again your units are moved outside of their territory when war is declared.

Neutral territory: your units are just moved to an adjacent tile.

Same way it worked in civ4, which is:

Inside own territory: non-issue because AI will be moved outside of your territory when war is declared.

Inside enemy territory: again your units are moved outside of their territory when war is declared.

Neutral territory: your units are just moved to an adjacent tile.
nothing about 1upt would stop Firaxis from implementing this in civ 6, it's not a 1upt issue

He's not silly, he knows that. He's saying the intentions are nothing to do with 1UPT
Put more succinctly, this issue is not a 1UPT issue, it is masked as a 1UPT issue is all just because it would not happen with civ 4 doom-stacks... well apart from a doom stack wading through your territory would be rather uncomfortable also, more so in fact.

Doom stacks do not prevent you from doing anything "peacefully".

By the way, since early era units can be made to cost no maintenance is it possible to abuse AI algorithms and completely trap their military and/or choke out their ability to do anything?

It is stupid that random missionaries and apostles block both non-hostile military and civilians from improving. The game could prevent this crap and be no worse off for doing so.

Issues like this make me think we need a "bump" mechanic. If you own the tile and move a unit into a space where another player's unit is standing, the other unit gets bumped to another tile. It's semi-abusable but better than the alternative.

Religious units definitely need to occupy their own "layer" though.

Top Bottom