1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of problems with victory conditions - Domination and Cultural

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ViterboKnight, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

About domination victory:
    I was reading the Civilopedia about how to achieve it, and the information in it seems not to match what is being said in these forumes.
    Civilopedia says: you have to be the last one in possession of your original capital.
    Forums say: you have to be the owner of all the original capitals.
    It seems the same disalignment existing in Civ5, and never fixed.
    What is the correct version? Is the Civilopedia true, or has it to be corrected?

About cultural victory:
    well, I've read enough on the forums about how it is easy to just run into a cultural victory without actually really trying it.
    My point is quite different: I'm finding confusing to understand the condition to trigger the victory, and how to read the numbers in the Cultural Victory Screen. I'd like to see, in this screen, information about: how much tourism I'm generating, how many domestic tourists do I have and the increase rate and how much tourism needed to increase them, the values that are beyond the "Number of domestic tourists" and "Number of foreign tourists" for each civilization (how are they calculated? Tourism? Number of cities? Culture? Other?). How many "domestic tourists" do I actually need, in a few words? Finally, a simple number with the current progress (eg., 75% from a cultural victory) is IMO needed.

2. TheXMassTeam

TheXMassTeam Chieftain

As I understand it, you don't need your domestic tourists to win, your domestics tourists are used to see if the AI win (if you are the largest civ, if not it's the largest civ that's used to compute the ingoing tourism target, I may be wrong).
    For tourism have you see the minimap lens option for it? You have some informations about how your civ generate tourism.

3. MyOtherName

MyOtherName Emperor

The "Domestic Tourists" column is the defense against victory. The "Visiting Tourists" column is the victory meter.

In a victory I won a moment ago, I have 50/49 visiting tourists, signifying I've won. 50 is the total number of visiting tourists I have. My greatest rival has 48 domestic tourists, thus I need 49 to win.

My domestic tourists is 143, and I have the largest value, so my opponents would need 144 visiting tourists to win.

The "Our visitors from" column indicates which civs are giving you those tourists. You can do a mouseover to get more information, although I don't really understand it.

Currently, I have 234 tourism. Here is the mousover texts:

Kongo has 48 domestics and gives me 5 visitors.
    Tourism is 129 current, 5288 lifetime.
    Religious tourism reduced -50% for different religions.
    Overall tourism -18% for different governments.

Norway has 1 domestics and give me 16 visitors.
    Tourism is 264 current, 14667 lifetime.
    Overall tourism reduced -12% for different governments.
    Overall tourism boosted +25% for trade route.

Aztec has 26 domestics and give me 16 visitors.
    Tourism is 257 current, 14543 lifetime.
    Overall tourism reduced -15% for different governments.

Japan has 47 domestics and give me 6 visitors.
    Tourism is 197 current, 5731 lifetime.
    Religious tourism reduced -50% for different religions.

America has 40 domestics and give me 7 visitors.
    Tourism is 169 current, 6371 lifetime.
    Religious tourism reduced -50% for different religions
    Overall tourism reduced -18% for different governments.