1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of questions about achievements

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ViterboKnight, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

1- is it possible to see all the achievements I've unlocked, sorted by unlock date (from the most recent)?

2- I'm playing Hiawatha, and trying to unlock the "Longhouse people". I've built the longhouse in a city with 4 forests in its radius; well, the border actually included three of them, then expanded to include a fourth.
    Is it normal that the achievement wasn't unlocked?

2. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

Maybe you weren't connected to Steam when you did it. Happens all the time to me. Or maybe it's just a bug.

3. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

Well, you have to build the longhouse in a city with four forests in the border. As yours just had three, the achievment isn´t going to be unlocked.
    But you can sell the longhouse easily and build it another time now.

4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

You're correct; the forest has to be within the city's border to get the achievement.

Sometimes the achievements do seem bugged though. I finished a game yesterday and after closing Civ I found that I'd earned the "He Threw a Car at My Head" achievement for having a city ransomed by Barbs. The only problem was that I've never had a a city ransomed by barbs. Oh well. Now if it would just get it to automatically give me the achievement for a Deity win. :mischief:

5. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

The one that I got automatically was Suleiman's special achievement, the berber corsairs thing. I was playing as France and had at most sunk 3 barbarian ships :confused:

6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

Whew, glad to hear that this has happened to someone else. I was afraid that I play so badly they were giving me mercy achievements. :lol:

7. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

This is a bug which should have been removed a long time ago. (There was once a sentence in the patch notes) You also got/get the achievements for actions the AI did.
    I got the Suleyman achievement so, too. :D

8. timtofly

timtofly One Day

I have not received the (3 wonders built in a city) and both me and the AI have done this. Is this related to DLC? If so which? Thanks.

9. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

The Ancient Wonders DLC adds 3 wonders.

10. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

I got Suleiman's achievement for nothing too.
    Also there is a bug in my Civ that does not allow me to unlock achievement "find New Zealand", I found it several times (games), even setteled it, but achivement does not unlock (all other achivements on the Pacific map were unlocked).
    I also got Germans achievement (10 barbs camps) while playing for Manchguria in Korea Scenario.

11. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

The find New Zealand, Hawaii, and Australia maps have to do with the Polynesian scenario. When you load up the scenario, you can select the premade map or a random map. The premade map has Australia on it. I think the random maps have the large island to spam the UI for the win in different places and count "Hawaii" and "New Zealand" based on where it spawns. I not positive on the mechanic, but I know for certain that it has to do with playing the scenario and not a standard game on the Pacific map.

12. OverWind

OverWind Chieftain

You have to play on the random map. - I got these achievements about a week ago, so it certainly can be done. :)

13. The_Quasar

The_Quasar King

Not true... I got the New Zealand on the random map, and the Australia on the (scenario) Pacific map. So I assume it's possible on both, but I have reason to believe that both are not spawned every time.

However, I've won with Tonga 3 times now, and have not got the achievement (despite getting the Australia one during one of the plays, so I was definitely connected to steam)!

14. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

Probably you loaded the scenario with the mod menu. You have to do it from the single player menu.
    Edit: O, I haven´t read the thing with the Australia achievement. So that´s odd...

15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Emperor

On the other hand, I just painlessly garnered the achievements for winning on Large and Huge maps. I say "painlessly" because when I first tried these maps I became allergic to the words "Please Wait," so I tried an experiment. I chose my leader then I went into the advanced game setup and deleted all but one opposing civ. Turn times were manageable and I soon had both achievements. One thing; the vast empty spaces allowed dozens of Barb camps to proliferate. There were more barbarians then you'd see at a heavy metal concert. That made for a very interesting game. I enjoy playing Duel, Tiny, or Small on any map type, but Large and Huge with the regular setup just tried my patience way too much.

16. Muskie

Muskie Warlord

There are definitely bugs in the achievements. When I first got the wonders of the world DLC it almost automatically gave me the achievement for sacrificing great people... Other times a month or more will go by before it realizes I've done something. I know from reading the release notes that there have been bugs in counting and awarding achievements.

A lot of achievements are related to scenarios, which I used to never play. The Mongolian one has one for each level and so do a few others. I've been meaning to try all the scenarios but I just don't have much time to play...

17. Winterday

Winterday Chieftain

I wish the Domesday, Wonders of the Ancient World and Korean scenario achievements were set up like the Mongol scenario. Beating the scenario on Deity should grant you the achievements for the easier difficulty levels. The Wonders scenario is the worst, where you have to individually beat 5 difficulty levels (at least there are 5 civs, so you can overlap the two sets of achievements).

18. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

Has anyone unlocked the Khaaan! achievement for the Mongol scenario? I played through the scenario, purposely not winning by turn 100. I got a Time VC (perhaps for the highest score) and the Khaaan! achievement was not unlocked.

19. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

Well, steam achievement says that New zealand should be on the Pacific map (as well as Australia), and Hawaii and Easter Island should be on a random map... (at least so is stated in Russian, if there was no error in translation)

2 Mesix
    Please read my message again, if I got other "Polynesia" achievements, than I should have played the scenario, isn't it obvious?))

20. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

There is the problem. You mustn´t win the game - even not with the time victory. ;)