1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of UI annoyances - can/have they been modded?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by zeofig, Jun 5, 2019.

1. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

There are two things that annoy me while playing civ 5. I was wondering if any mods exist that change them, or indeed if it's possible to do so. I've done some searching but could not find anything.

1. If you have a unit queued to move, and then open a city and close it, the camera will snap back to the location of the unit. I would much prefer that the camera not move in this way. Indeed, it would be best if the camera never moved except when I tell it to. This is not alleviated by the UI option "auto unit cycle", or by editing some XML files I found through googling.

2. The leader/city state intro screens. I would rather just not see them. It's a minor annoyance, but when you've played hundreds of early games every bit of streamlining helps.

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Pretty sure you could mod out the 3d, animated leader screens and replace them with a 2d, static screen (as that's what modded civs have)

3. Troller0001

Troller0001 Not an actual Troll

There must also be a graphics setting to do so, as I can remember playing with (vanilla) 2D leaderscreens on my old crappy laptop.

4. SLGray

SLGray King

1. Is there not some kind of option in the options in the menu?

5. ThanOscar

ThanOscar Chieftain

leader scene quality to minimum makes leaders static 2d screens like modded civs.