1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of vanilla bugs to stamp out

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by ExpiredReign, Aug 2, 2013.

1. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

CivUP & GEM had amongst their goals the desire to fix some errors that Firaxis missed.

So with that in mind could we look at these 2 bugs.

1) The notification bug that sometimes happens when you upgrade 'Knights' to 'Cavalry' where you're informed you have exceeded your 'Horse' supply and units will work less effectively. No matter what you do to change the status of your 'Horse' supply the notification, and the penalty, remains.

2) Once you gain the 'CS gift you Great People' policy, closer for the 'Patronage' policy, some ridiculously powerful GPs are now available to the player. BNW has created the 'Merchant of Venice' that can 'buy off' a CS and it can be annexed/puppeted to your empire. Or if used as a regular Merchant its returns are still greater than a Great Merchant.

This is just a suggestion of future intent, not a call for immediate action.

I am looking at it but my skills don't match my desires.:D

2. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I don't think we can solve these at the current stage of the mod, but it might be possible in the future.

3. griffer13524

griffer13524 Chieftain

This one is real annoying. I think the conditions under which it occurs are:
    1) You have used all of your supply of a particular strategic resource, (it happens with iron too--not just horses)
    2) you then try to upgrade a unit such that both the current unit type and the unit type it upgrades to both require that resource.
    It's almost like the program creates the upgraded unit first, causing you to go over your limit, and then deletes the old unit, but doesn't bother recounting the resources. Worse, it never goes away! I've had five "You need horses!" icons taking up the screen for 50+ turns in games before.

4. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

That's how units upgrade: clone yourself, transfer your consciousness, then murder the original body! :backstab:

Isn't that how it works in real life? :shifty:

Embarked units do the same, so whenever you embark armies you're committing mass murder of clones.

5. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I don't think being gifted Khans and Merchants of Venice is a bug. I think it's a perk for people who use Patronage.

6. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Yeah I didn't expect it to be high on the list of priorities. Or even on the list for that matter.

One thing about it, loading a saved game breaks the routine of checking for the resource. Which means no more erroneous notifications!:D

@Thal

With the amount of work you put into this mod, I reckon cloning would be an advantage for you.:crazyeye: