1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A cultural discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by paceybaby, Nov 23, 2005.

1. paceybaby

paceybaby Chieftain

I usually go for the cultural route in Civ but so far have not flipped one city in CIV 4 using culture- how much would I need to flip a rival city- say for example I had a 14 very near their city with 7, would i need loads of great artists in that city???

Also has anyone got a cultural victory yet? The games I play 100% of the time (and i've played the game a hell of a lot over many years) finish in either time victory, space race (normally), or UN and maybe once or twice by domination?? It seems like a big ask to get 3 cities all with over 50,000 before time or space race/UN :sad:

2. Marcus_Aurelius

Marcus_Aurelius The True Emporer

I have 3 cultural victories on Noble so far, which is probably about 10% of total games played so far. Getting those 3 cities to 50,000 is not easy, to be sure. Not that city flipping is part of a cultural victory, but I have done it in other games. I think that in cultural games it would just piss off your neighbors, so it might not be a good thing to try for there. But flipping happens fairly regularly for me, though I don't know what the requirements are for it to take place.

If you zoom out to the point where you can use the map overlays, there is one for culture, which I often use. It helps to see the cultural power and influence.

3. Isildurs Heir

Isildurs Heir Chieftain

4. Marcus_Aurelius

Marcus_Aurelius The True Emporer

5. paceybaby

paceybaby Chieftain

thanks mate- have been reading the other thread left there but it doesn't seem to cover flipping citiews with culture
    i hadn't even thought about flipping cities until i saw people talking about it on here!