A "darker and edgier" Loony Toons reboot

LightSpectra

me autem minui
Now, hear me out.

Bugs Bunny is a kidnapped teenager that the CIA experimented genetic splicing on; "Project Loony", lead by the mad scientist Dr. Wile E. Coyote of the ACME division. Bugs escapes, to which the CIA dispatches their scarred assassin Elmer Fudd to cover up their immoral secrets, who himself is embittered due to the baldness he has as a result of radiation sickness acquired while disrupting the Iranian plutonium projects. Bugs evades his imminent death by cleverly adopting the persona of a touring opera singer. Their destinies are intertwined by Yosemite Sam, a psychopathic neo-Confederate out to destroy the U.S. government by exposing the experiments done on Bugs, and Cpt. Dodgers, a time-traveler from the wastelands of the 25th century devastated by the proxy wars waged between China and the U.S., fought by the animal-human hybrid soldiers that started with the Bugs prototype, out to make a better future by making right what was once wrong. Bugs' escape from the Area 51 CIA lab was orchestrated by "Marvin", a captured Martian whose Laconic wit and proud warrior spirit compounds with Bugs' cleverness and animalistic survivalism to endure the Orwellian world they inhabit. It soon becomes evident, however, that the only hope our two heroes have to resist against the U.S. government is to combine Cpt. Dodgers' futuristic technology with an independent militia raised by the French mafia, which is morally dubious as the mafia boss Pepé "Le Pew" is a known sexual predator, and his son "Speedy" is a drug runner. Together, however, the Resistance -- lead by the wise "mother to her men" with the codename "Granny", who herself is haunted by the death of her surrogate son and communications officer Jonathan "Tweety" Briggs -- will put a stop to the evil president Foghorn Leghorn's tyrannous ways. In addition to Fudd's independent hunt for Bugs, the government also fights the Resistance with a full army, whose actions are coordinated by the brilliant but utterly blood-lusted Gen. Taz "the Devil" Neron. The plot thickens when it's uncovered that the Resistance's recon officer Ulysses "Road Runner" Smith is revealed to be a cyborg mole working for the U.S.

I... don't know what to say to this.

It's.... original. I'm not sure how else to describe it. :)

Any background on how this whole thing started?

I'm not entirely sure whether to laugh our cry at this. A very entertaining read certainly. Would the character designs resemble these by chance?

I was thinking more like this:

Yeah, replace CIA with ACME. And model it on the Umbrella Corporation.

Oh, good call. Dr. Wile E. Coyote is the chief scientist for ACME, which is a Unit 741-esque subdivision of the CIA.

The text in the OP really resembles one of those madlib conspiracy generators that has been posted around here before, filled out with Loony Tunes stuff, but given that it's just a few cliche phrases anyway that could be coincidence. It is a midly funny idea, could use a few more clever tie-ins to the actual characters on the lines of what you have with Speedy and Pepe which I found funniest, other than just transplanting the names onto more unrelated grimdark-sounding characters.

Imo just get the guys who did Ren and Stimpy to have a go at it.

Link to video.

The creator wanted something that was just beyond what is acceptable. I liked Ren and Stimpy.. I don't think i'd want it "unleashed" any more than it already was.

I think he's blown a chance to create something really big.. Look at the mega dollars of Spongbob that borrows heavily from R&S.

Imo just get the guys who did Ren and Stimpy to have a go at it.

Link to video.

Hahahahaha, brilliant. I love how Ren and Stimpy can be enjoyed by kids on a naive fun level, yet entertain adults in a completely different way. Some would say that's uncanny :p

Getting bored of you saying that all the time, isn't uncanny.

Hahahahaha, brilliant. I love how Ren and Stimpy can be enjoyed by kids on a naive fun level, yet entertain adults in a completely different way. Some would say that's uncanny :p

Hate to tell you this, but the original Looney Tunes guys beat them by 50 years.

Top Bottom