1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A Deity Strategy for Eleanor of Aquitaine

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by BarbarianHunter, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

The last couple days I have been playing this Civ a lot.
    I haven't pillaged and watched Empires Fall but I have seen them get swallowed up Peacefully.
    I'm sure you and the others know this but I was impressed how fast the Flipping can happen once it gets going.
    Not sure if I like that you can buy up all the Art from the AI or not.
    I don't understand how I can Flip a City inbetween a Civ in the middle.
    Seems strange that you can do that.
    I flipped it for the era score but it flipped back as it was -20 and in the middle of an Empire (2 Empires away actually).

I used to do this in Civ Rev on the PS4 when I played/had that game.

2. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Yep. Catch a civ out in a dark age when you're golden, throw in a few indie bands and it's all over!

I'm neither here nor there. Maybe there should be hardcoding increasing the asking price when selling great works to Eleanor or civs close to a CV.

I've seen some weird flips as well. The ones I've looked into were rules based (aka not bugs), so now I just go with it.

Fluphen Azine likes this.
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

These 'Weird flips' are down to a few things from what I have seen. And understanding them can make the whole flipping game easier and usable much earlier as I have hinted about but you have to get your head around them and look further than the city closest to your border. And its funny but once you get your head around it you can sometimes spot a city at the back of their empire that if you can get to quickly and take out the entire structure comes tumbling down. And often this is the capital purely because of the double loyalty push it provides and its size.
    So the things that need to be taken into account are
    1. loyalty pressure to flip includes all foreign cities including CS. So suzerain a CS and send a worker in to make farms and send it trade routes. If they are sending you a trader maybe consider magnus's underutilised surplus logistics. But it is all foreign cities for the flip.
    2. When the flip occurs the city will either flip to neutral or to you and this is based on who has the highest loyalty pressure. Now normally this would accrue over a few turns while the city is free but it seems like it just takes current pressure is one of the twins is involved. It will not include a CS in its calculations so it just looking at major civs which can be say you and 1-2 other civs... Are they dark? are you golden? often it is not about the state of the civ you are flipping but the other civs nearby, if they are dark and you are golden the difference is big. the reason the city flips is because of CS pressure but the decision to take you is based on being a major civ. It is this second point that is key and the reason you see these flips and in this area I cannot stress enough Amani's emissary promotion. Even at 9 tiles distance it is adding a raw +2 loyalty to a situation while another civs 10 pop city 8 tiles away is only providing the same power. She is a very subtle beast as is the Audience chamber. Using audience chamber yourself is one thing but find a civs plaza and see if they are using it... if they are then taking out their governor becomes rather fruitful but later game. I am more interested in the erly game weird flips with this discussion and Amani is often the beast that helps.
    3. Everything can count and having a few spare builders around is handy. You see the opportunity present itself because you are looking for a tiny red loyalty arrow to show itself in a city... This is really important and often missed... the city is losing loyalty and maybe just needs a little nudge to speed it up, get those workers to chop in pop in your cities in range, its small but it helps and if you are golden it can help more than you think. The biggest by far is amenities because it is fairly easy to pillage them. sure you may have to sacrifice a unit but as long as you are not too proud and the situation is worth it, go for it.
    4. Strategic view... not what is happening now but when an era comes next who will be dark and golden? It can make for some interesting and fun guesswork. Even if that arrow is showing green for loyalty, the surrounding environment looks loyalty hostile and so looking at the cities loyalty and finding it is only +1-3 means there are opportunities to be had. Even higher loyalties can be broken if planning on going in and taking cities but it is looking at a civ and all the loyalty surroundings that make for a stringer game.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  4. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

I was wondering why I was able to flip a Civ that was Golden while I was Golden and our Neighbor was Dark.
    I was thinking I would flip the Dark Civ faster but actually I was flipping the Golden Civ first if that makes sense.
    The Dark Aged Civ started to flip as well but later which I found odd.

Victoria likes this.