A desperate fix for my iPod.

cgannon64

BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!
My iPod has become hopelessly damaged since I tried using it with a new computer I got. Apparently it couldn't handle the difference between ME and XP, probably because ME sucks so much. Its gotten to the point where it says I have 0 songs, and 9 GB taken up.

So, I'm wondering about any desperate fixes I could do while still retaining my music. See, I downloaded most of the music on the iPod, and now it exists no where else but my iPod.

I've checked the Hidden Folders on the iPod, and all my files are still there. So, I ask: Would it work to copy all of the Fxx (F00, F01...) folders onto my hard drive, reformat the iPod, and copy them all back on?

(I think it would, and I think there would be an added bonus. Though the files are all named with numbers, they seem to retain the song information. Which would save me the huge amount of time it would take to rename 2000+ songs.)

IIRC, using windows explorer on the iPod does no good at all according to apple's help files. If you get it to work though, I suppose one might say that the help function for iPod lacks a bit of info...

And if I were you, I d try the apple/iPod support forum.

phoenix_night said:
Glad I didn't buy an iPod...:mischief:
This is what I love. Some guy complains that someone who owns an iPod thinks s/he is an elitist, when in fact that person who makes that claim is taking an elitist attitude.

Jeratain said:
This is what I love. Some guy complains that someone who owns an iPod thinks s/he is an elitist, when in fact that person who makes that claim is taking an elitist attitude.
This is what I love. Truths that only exist in your head. :crazyeye:

When did I ever complain that iPod owners consider themselves elitist? I can certainly say I don't consider myself elite for not owning one.

I used ephPod, which could be part of the problem.

Actually, I think my mistake may have been that I didn't use the iPod CD when installing it on the new computer. I just downloaded ephPod...

So, I think my fix should work, I was just coming here to see if there were any objections. I used to go to iPodLounge, but I lost my account there, and those people always seem to yell at you rather than help you. All the reponses I got back when I posted there were usually: "Read the FAQ, idiot".

Top Bottom