A Failing Government

:mischief: Well, let's see here....

The APR hired kwarriorpoet to come in and rejuvinate the DG. He was great and always has been as a motivator. He fired up the DG like it was his own truck. We were primed for a new Dynasty.This is when I joined. There were several key players already here and moving things forward with kwp's direction. Our new King dutchfire was one of them. Lord Civius was another. There were more, like Diamondeye, Joe Harker, civplayuh, and you - VW. Just to name a few. So, properly motivated, we took the reminence of the last regime[cough] you said it before [/cough], and march forward as a new nation.

As part of my newly assigned duties, I created the Land Grant program, which seemed to inspire a new inerest in our players. But this interest was quickly quelled when religious fanatics protested against the allocation of lands they felt belong to them. This brought the Land Grant Program to a halt. And of course people's interest dwindled again. The LGP could have been a real boon to the RPG section of the game, as well as the overall game. It was going to evolve into a monetary system for the RPG, but that never came about, even though Lord Civius and I PMd for about a week drumming up the details. KWP was called away for duties of home and work, leaving us with dutchfire as his replacement (as our new King). Then came the war.

King dutchfire believed a war would remotivate us after the loss of our great King. And this was true to some extent. But our Military advisor, the knowledgeable DaveShack, was also swamped with real life. It's hard to be at war with no Military Advisor. Again, after a brief rise in participation, our player activity dwindled again. This time to a stop. During that brief spark, there was a flurry of activity in the RPG, but none of the story entries really made it past 1 page long. Kind of dissapointing. I go tired of reading about all the killing, but the topic or two that did interest me never went anywhere. The writing just stopped.

My final "bow out" came when I asked for help getting a screenshot of our continent, so I could renumber the tiles. This never happened. I don't even own CIV. I've just been trying to help the DG.

But I believe it's gone now. Summer-time Blues. The warm weather has drawn our friends to different locations. All gone, bye-bye.

I'm not opposed, but I'm not completely sold either, I still believe that the APR is the best form of government I have seen this game, but the isolation is intense, I was not expecting this when I started, and I am not pleased.

I hope I stand with more then just myself when I say that the citizens of our nation need more independence from our government, especially when our entire kingdom comes to a halt when our leaders don't give us direct orders. If that is the case, we do need a new "political outlook."

Speaking just for myself:
With JoeHarker, I helped in the Domestic Affairs.
But after the last patch, I can no longer open the saves, so I'm
helplessly out, as I already posted.
Best regards,

Well, I tried to keep it a bit active by having a TC every week, but when I left for a week, no-one stepped up to play. So it was pretty silent.

Well, I say revolution. People can complain all they want about Triad, but at least these factions mobilized some, and I opened for KWP to take over when I realized Legion fell apart.

Top Bottom