A female Sidar leader, aka Unit's dormant roleplaying genes acting up.

When I added the leaderhead to my modmod (I should probably be focusing on school work, but I went ahead and converted all the old stuff to .30h stats modmod and started adding more) it seems a little too stretched horizontally when I added it to my modmod. Also, I don't think I put the button in the right folder, since it isn't showing up. Where exactly it it supposed to go?

(I was cheating a lot to test the game, so the fact that I had six timed the score of my nearest rival doesn't mean that arcane is too strong for the sidar. Actually, I didn't use wane much on arcane units, since I quickly got enough altars to build level 6 druids every turn)

It is .dds, but it doesn't have to be in the same folder; all the other buttons are in the Pak0.FPK, while this one is uncompressed in the Art folder.

the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml define for her is this (borrowed from the other leaderheads, but with the file name changed:
Code:
<LeaderheadArtInfo>
	<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_MYRIEL</Type>
	<Button>,Art/interface/LeaderHeads/Myriel button.dds</Button>
	<NIF>art/interface/LeaderHeads/Myriel.dds</NIF>
	<KFM/>
	<NoShaderNIF/>
	<BackgroundKFM/>
</LeaderheadArtInfo>

The big leaderhead works, and I had to create a new LeaderHeads folder to put it in, so it obviously isn't in the same folder as the others. I put the button in the same folder, but that isn't working.

Edit: all the Button locations have commas there. Does that mean it looks in some other folder, and that if I took it away it would look in the same file instead of trying to preserve parallelism between it ans the other leaderhead buttons?

you have a comma in front of Art in the button line

Your screenshots... the reference for the dimensions ( 384x512 rescaled to 512x512 which is then resized by the game again to 384w) said 384x512 was the view size, but in your screenshots it's more like 384x469 I wonder why that is? It's not stretched horizontally, it's that it's being compressed vertically.

I think the LH view size is somehow related to total screen dimensions.

Yeah, the comma definitely belongs. And I just meant you need the button in the same folder as the leaderhead image, so it should be fine not being in the PAK.

I assume you've actually been into the PAK yourself right? Have you checked to ensure that your button is the same dimensions as the other ones?

EDIT: Nevermind, I downloaded Cute's .rar, I will assume you used the file straight out of there. Your problem is that there should NOT be an underscore in the name of the file, it is an actual space :)

Here, made the button myself, alpha channels are in line with the normal now, and I lightened it up enough you should be able to see it proper like. My only complaint is I cannot center it very well because the image I am working from isn't... might be able to do something about that, if I can I'll re-upload and edit this.

EDIT: Added a second version, slightly repositioned, but now possibly TOO light.

There isn't an underscore there. That is a space. I think I'll see if it works if I remove the comma and put them in the same folder.

No, I meant in the filename that was in the .rar there was an underscore. So if your actual .dds file is named "myriel_button.dds" instead of "myriel button.dds" that would cause it to not show up.

The code is, as far as I can tell, impeccable.

Ah dang. Then the easy solutions are all washed up :(

It COULD be the alpha channel having been different from the norm, but that is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Give one of mine a shot and let me know if it works, then if you prefer the original I will fix it for you. I am pretty sure now that it is the fact she didn't creat the MIP maps. That is what gives you the smaller buttons.

No, you had little squares in each corner to give it a rounded feel, but all the other buttons have a full border. So in the end your button would have been a bit bigger. It really shouldn't be much of an issue, and probably near impossible to detect unless playing on a 62 inch screen or something.

I am pretty sure it is the MIP mapping now, so hopefully MC has has some luck with it.

Here is a way I imagine sidar female (unrelated to proposed lore).
Spoiler :

Her gaze is a bit too affectionate, IMO, but otherwise she looks perfectly Sidar.

I would say she looks too soft to be leader. Though females somtimes pretend to be softer then they are. Especially if they are really hard. :D

However style was the point. Something misty, maybe even ethereal, with no signs of place and time, thinking about something far away. "With the head in the clouds". Literally. :D

There is a lot to be said for a cool leader picture. When I clicked on the first spoiler in the original post and saw that leader portrait I instantly wanted to play her. Kinda like how when I first loaded up the mod the first leader I played was Keelyn because she has the best leader portrait. It may seem superficial, but it does matter.

I really don't think it matters whether a Sidar leader is male or female. If they don't even care about their soul or any feelings, their physical container would be the least of their concern. The only real question is how their cities grow. Presumably their society is like the Calabim, with most of the citizens being humanoids and only the elites being shades (but you won't get eaten, of course). I'm presuming that Sandalphon is gender neutral.

Top Bottom