a few Civ 6 questions

Victorvanwavere

Warlord
Hey,

I've started very late with Civ 6 and have a few questions.

What happens with Great Prophet Points after you get your first prophet?
Do they just become worthless?

In a recent game I kept getting the message: "Your culture has grown sufficient to dominate such and such civilization" - I don't remember the exact words, but something to that extent.

What does that mean and what do I do with it?

Is a culture bomb just a bunch of culture in the city?

Thanks.

They do indeed.

In a recent game I kept getting the message: "Your culture has grown sufficient to dominate such and such civilization" - I don't remember the exact words, but something to that extent.
What does that mean and what do I do with it?
Like much of the CIV VI user interface, this is a bit misleading, as it makes you think that you came closer to a culture victory, because you culturally dominated another AI. But all that matters is to overwhelm with the attracted tourists the best cultured civ, or second best cultured civ, if you are the best in culture (aka 'culture beast' ;)). Just carry on.

Is a culture bomb just a bunch of culture in the city?

No, it's annexing adjacent tiles.

Ways to culture bomb:
As Poland, build a fort or encampmet
As Netherlands, build a harbor.
As Khmer, build a holy site.

There's also a religious belief you can pick for your religion, where building holy site "culture bombs" the adjacent tiles.

Ways to culture bomb:
As Poland, build a fort or encampmet
As Netherlands, build a harbor.
As Khmer, build a holy site.

There's also a religious belief you can pick for your religion, where building holy site "culture bombs" the adjacent tiles.
Also:
As Australia build a pasture
As the Cree set up a trade route (this is more of a culture missile than bomb)

Also:
Recruit the not so good Great Engineer that turns your newly built Industrial Zones to cultural bombs.

culture missile

haha, nice expression. It won't actually eat city state or AI city tiles will it? I don't think it does, but it's been a while. It's a pretty nice ability though, saves money on buying tiles.

culture bomb isn't something I rely on in my games. It's annoying when the AI does it to me. Happened a few times in recent games from Khmer and Australia. T's me off.

haha, nice expression. It won't actually eat city state or AI city tiles will it? I don't think it does, but it's been a while. It's a pretty nice ability though, saves money on buying tiles.

culture bomb isn't something I rely on in my games. It's annoying when the AI does it to me. Happened a few times in recent games from Khmer and Australia. T's me off.
Haha, imagine the cree sending a trade route from a very close city into or beyond your realm. "Nuuu, I has to declare war quickly or they will cut a line into my territory!"

I don't believe you do acquire any more Great Prophet Points after you recruit one.
As for a culture bomb you should note that you can only culture bomb a tile if it is three tiles away from one of your city center and cannot be a district or wonder.

To elaborate on the post directly above - It cannot be a completed wonder, you can however steal a tile on which a wonder is under construction, as long as it's within 3 tiles of your own city center (which triggers an achievment for Poland). You steal the tile only though, the progress on the wonder, and its foundations are lost.

Like much of the CIV VI user interface, this is a bit misleading, as it makes you think that you came closer to a culture victory, because you culturally dominated another AI. But all that matters is to overwhelm with the attracted tourists the best cultured civ, or second best cultured civ, if you are the best in culture (aka 'culture beast' ;)). Just carry on.
The fastest way to accomplish a cultural VC is to identify the opponent with the highest culture to overcome, and wipe them off the planet (after you have begun to dominate the lesser cultures and set up good relations and trade of course...otherwise the warmonger penalties may make it more difficult).

Top Bottom