1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

a few Civ 6 questions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victorvanwavere, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Victorvanwavere

Victorvanwavere Chieftain

Hey,

I've started very late with Civ 6 and have a few questions.

What happens with Great Prophet Points after you get your first prophet?
    Do they just become worthless?

In a recent game I kept getting the message: "Your culture has grown sufficient to dominate such and such civilization" - I don't remember the exact words, but something to that extent.

What does that mean and what do I do with it?

Is a culture bomb just a bunch of culture in the city?

Thanks.

2. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

They do indeed.

Like much of the CIV VI user interface, this is a bit misleading, as it makes you think that you came closer to a culture victory, because you culturally dominated another AI. But all that matters is to overwhelm with the attracted tourists the best cultured civ, or second best cultured civ, if you are the best in culture (aka 'culture beast' ;)). Just carry on.

No, it's annexing adjacent tiles.

Hawke9 likes this.
  3. Victorvanwavere

Victorvanwavere Chieftain

Thanks MrRadar!

Hawke9 likes this.
  4. Haig

Haig Warlord

Ways to culture bomb:
    As Poland, build a fort or encampmet
    As Netherlands, build a harbor.
    As Khmer, build a holy site.

There's also a religious belief you can pick for your religion, where building holy site "culture bombs" the adjacent tiles.

5. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Also:
    As Australia build a pasture
    As the Cree set up a trade route (this is more of a culture missile than bomb)

6. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Also:
    Recruit the not so good Great Engineer that turns your newly built Industrial Zones to cultural bombs.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

haha, nice expression. It won't actually eat city state or AI city tiles will it? I don't think it does, but it's been a while. It's a pretty nice ability though, saves money on buying tiles.

culture bomb isn't something I rely on in my games. It's annoying when the AI does it to me. Happened a few times in recent games from Khmer and Australia. T's me off.

8. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Haha, imagine the cree sending a trade route from a very close city into or beyond your realm. "Nuuu, I has to declare war quickly or they will cut a line into my territory!"

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I don't believe you do acquire any more Great Prophet Points after you recruit one.
    As for a culture bomb you should note that you can only culture bomb a tile if it is three tiles away from one of your city center and cannot be a district or wonder.

10. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

To elaborate on the post directly above - It cannot be a completed wonder, you can however steal a tile on which a wonder is under construction, as long as it's within 3 tiles of your own city center (which triggers an achievment for Poland). You steal the tile only though, the progress on the wonder, and its foundations are lost.

11. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

The fastest way to accomplish a cultural VC is to identify the opponent with the highest culture to overcome, and wipe them off the planet (after you have begun to dominate the lesser cultures and set up good relations and trade of course...otherwise the warmonger penalties may make it more difficult).