Ottoman
Zulu

To use-

copy all dds files into:
my documents\my games\warlords\custom assets\art\interface\teamcolor\

copy CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml into
my documents\my games\warlords\custom assets\xml\art\

* Do not copy files to your C: drive directory where you installed
the game. Make sure you copy to your My Games folder only!

Just a quick change. Maybe I'll put more time into this later.
Thanks to Bad Ronald as I used his mod/dds files as a starting point!!

EDIT** - I added new flags for the six new Warlords Civs. See
the screenshot below!

Attachments

• warlordsnewflags2.zip
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • sshot2.jpg
    sshot2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 3,604
  • sshot1.jpg
    sshot1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2,811
I like the flags... I have a few suggestions for changes though:

Keep the English flag as Firaxis put in (since the Union Jack is the UK, not the English flag).

Change the viking flag so it has the hammer of Thor as symbol.

I like the flags but you might consider change the following:

The zulu flag, You used the flag of South-Africa but that's a complete mix of all kinds of people so I wouldn't use it for just one of them

The korean flag, You used the flag of South Korea but there also is a modern unification flag and perhapse also a flag of choson-korea (couldn't find a picture of them, but didn't search very hard).

The carthaginian flag, Your version has an islamtic half moon in it. This is not very logic since the Carthage as use in warlord never has been islamic and didn't exist anymore when the islam was founed. The relegion of the Carthago of Hannibal was the phoenician mythology, so try if you can find a symbol from that religion but don't use an islamic symbol it doesn't fit and is confusing with the ottoman one.

What is the Viking flag supposed to be?

Why not use the Norwegian flag? Nidaros, which is the capital of the Vikings, is the old name for Trondheim, a Norwegian city. And, whatever any Danes or Swedes may say, Vikings are known to be Norwegian. :D

BTW, Trondheim was the capital name for the Vikings in CIV-III.

I believe this will be a more accurate Ottoman Flag.
Good Work by the way. :king:

Attachments

• Flag.JPG
    Flag.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 294
Kristian95 said:
Keep the English flag as Firaxis put in (since the Union Jack is the UK, not the English flag).

Or change England to Great Britain, or download my handy mod that does this. (link in sig)

ingarf said:
What is the Viking flag supposed to be?

Why not use the Norwegian flag? Nidaros, which is the capital of the Vikings, is the old name for Trondheim, a Norwegian city. And, whatever any Danes or Swedes may say, Vikings are known to be Norwegian. :D

BTW, Trondheim was the capital name for the Vikings in CIV-III.

Hahahaha why am I not surprised to hear that kind of rubbish from a Norwegian ;) I would find it silly to use any modern day flag for the vikings, be it Norwegian, Swedish or Danish :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Here's why I chose the flags in question-

English- I know, I know, but I love the look of the Union Jack :)

Zulu - After a little research I chose South Africa. There were a few ways I could have gone here, but like with England, I like the look of the South African flag in the game. If you would like me to add another one please reply with a graphic of your choice.

Korea- I actually used the 1893 Korean flag. It looks a lot like the South Korean flag. I found this link: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/kr_hist.html
I can change this to one of the other flags if desired.

Viking- I did indeed use the raven banner. However, I did take a little artistic license with it. The original banner was said to be all white.

Carthaginians- I didn't like this flag choice either. Still looking for an acceptable replacement.

Celts- No one mentioned this one which suprises me. It's an old celtic cross banner that I also took a little artistic license with. But I do like the results ;)

please don't bash me... I Love the work, I don't seem to have a teamcolor folder? Do I add it? Let my newbiness shine. Thanks for any help in advance.

dkrause1971 said:
All the flags are white when i do this. Any suggestions of what to do?

You have to go into the CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization file and change the flags name of the civ you want to play to the flag.dds you want to play,
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Norse.dds</Path> then change the 0 to this <bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag> ok;)

btw, Welcome to CFC

Umm, this mod is not working for me. I still see the default flags.

I like them, but would it be possible to rotate the American flag 90 degrees? The Union Jack is done that way... just looks a little funny crunched in horizontally... else the image itself is great!

Great Job! :) I find these very useful and most of these will probably make it into a mod I'm working on, if you don't mind :goodjob:

Top Bottom