A few questions about graphics and sounds

tom123

Warlord
1) Is it possible to have the city view screen on a mod?
2) Is it possible to add music to the game? If so, how?
3) If I copied a graphics mod (eg Snoops terrain graphics) into the main Civ 3 terrain graphics, would it use the modded graphics on scenarios by default?

1) Is it possible to have the city view screen on a mod?
3) If I copied a graphics mod (eg Snoops terrain graphics) into the main Civ 3 terrain graphics, would it use the modded graphics on scenarios by default?

1. It is, with Vanilla, but not with Conquest.
2. It is possible to replace music. Add, I'm not so sure.
3. You would crush the original graphics, so, yes, it would use Snoop's terrain for every mod without new terrain gfx.

It is.
Put them in the Sounds \ Build folder, and then the proper subfolder.
You also need to edit a text file to list the music you want to play, but I don't remember which one.

I did that for a Napoleonic scenario, but I lost it :(.

However, you cannot customize the list, like play certain music for certain civ.

All the included music will be played.

1. It is, with Vanilla, but not with Conquest.

So? My game is a total conversion, but I can still access the City screen. The new buildings aren't shown, though.

So? My game is a total conversion, but I can still access the City screen. The new buildings aren't shown, though.

City view has been disabled for mods with Conquest. That was even the last straw for the Arkh mod, I think.

...as Steph mentioned, Edit and add a music.txt list to the Scenario Text Folder for music you want. use Notepad for this and list the Music from top to bottom in the list.

In the Scenario Sounds Folder, add a Build Folder and add a Folder named Misc inside the Build Folder. You add the MP3 music files in the Misc Folder.

The music.txt is where you list the Music you want... example of how this is listed for the links: Misc\ee2.mp3 is an entry for the music named ee2.mp3 that is added to the Misc Folder.

...for the Ambience Sfx and Diplomusic, simply rename the sounds and music you want used to the Original Names used in the Civ Game and place them in your Scenario Sound Folder in Folders that are named the same as the Original Civ Game Folders"Ambience Sfx and Diplomusic"

Of course this is possible if you mod the C3C main-biq. :)

Top Bottom