1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A few questions about the mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by riddleofsteel, Aug 14, 2009.

1. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Hi, first, I was wondering if this mod is still being worked on or if it's final. If it's still being developed, is there any likelihood of being more diverse/unique textures for things like scout ships?

Also, the Defiant model looks like an old enterprise in my game, is this a glitch? In addition, some of the audio quotes are a little long for my taste. While cool, is there a way to turn them off as well as turn off the scratchy intro video?

Last, I just want to say that I'm not hating on this mod, I really think the hard work that's obviously been put into it is impressive. I also like Star Trek and think this is a good use of the show and movie material. I am just curious overall if there's going to be any more polish and general overhaul work so it feels more like a separate entity and less like a different coat of paint.

I apologize if that sounds ungrateful, it's not what I intended. I want to thank deanej and all the contributors for their talent and dedication to something already good and likely even better in the future.

2. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

It's still being developed, deanej is working on 3.0. New art is probably coming eventually, but only whenever Jaydn (who was working on the art) has time to do it.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Which Definat? The Federation defiant replaces the interceptor via unit art style types, the Terran one represents the one from "The Tholian Web" and "In a Mirror, Darkly". There is presently a texture bug with some of the mirror universe ships if the Federation is in the game.

I'm not sure of how tech sounds can be turned off without modding the game, but the intro movie can be turned off in the game options (with the ones like show enemy moves, sid's tips, etc.). Sorry about the scratchy quality, the VCR hooked up to the video capture card on my desktop isn't the best.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Oh, you did a vcr capture. I've been there, quality can indeed be kind of rough. I was talking about the Terran one, you guessed it. Thanks for letting me know.