A few questions for mod

kt_atis

Chieftain
Hey I have a few questions for my mod. I have got far with my modding practice. I have tested my mod and I wrote down all my ideas and from what I can tell it may be a very popular one too. I get excited just thinking about it. But every time I reach the height of my modding I come across a brick wall. If anyone is able, please help me out with the following:

1. This mod will be more than warmongering. You will be able to interact with citizens and your citizens will constantly want this or that but I need to know where to find/edit the cityscreen file that shows the happy/angry citizens. For example at the when you enter the city screen at the top center they show you happy and angry faces that say "We enjoy luxurious resources." Where do I find those files?

2. My mod will also be a lot more realistic so I'll need to add more buttons during in game play. So while in in-game play you have a science beaker, a culture rate, and espionage points to your left. What I need to know now is how do I add additional buttons under those? (a research for education, military etc.) Also with the add/take away buttons for research percentage.

3. My mod will contain many civics in order to balance the game out. So how do I add a scroll bar in the civics screen?

Thanks for your time. I am currently working on this mod even as I type lol. I have learned a lot about civ modding but still have quite a ways to go. So please give me time to sort things our on this mod. Thanks again!

Hey I have a few questions for my mod. I have got far with my modding practice. I have tested my mod and I wrote down all my ideas and from what I can tell it may be a very popular one too. I get excited just thinking about it. But every time I reach the height of my modding I come across a brick wall. If anyone is able, please help me out with the following:

1. This mod will be more than warmongering. You will be able to interact with citizens and your citizens will constantly want this or that but I need to know where to find/edit the cityscreen file that shows the happy/angry citizens. For example at the when you enter the city screen at the top center they show you happy and angry faces that say "We enjoy luxurious resources." Where do I find those files?

2. My mod will also be a lot more realistic so I'll need to add more buttons during in game play. So while in in-game play you have a science beaker, a culture rate, and espionage points to your left. What I need to know now is how do I add additional buttons under those? (a research for education, military etc.) Also with the add/take away buttons for research percentage.

3. My mod will contain many civics in order to balance the game out. So how do I add a scroll bar in the civics screen?

Thanks for your time. I am currently working on this mod even as I type lol. I have learned a lot about civ modding but still have quite a ways to go. So please give me time to sort things our on this mod. Thanks again!

hello,

i'm afraid all these points are hardcoded... But You could perhaps contact Kael who has developed the FFH2 (Great) Mod with a lot of additional things like you described...

Actually, you should find nearly everything you need in the python files.

Have a trawl through them. MainInterface.py is the most important one.

Thanks for asking those questions kt atis, as I heard those questions being tossed around earlier without getting any answers.

I do have an additional question, though. Is the number of civs limited to 18 in a single game in BTS?

If you mod the SDK files (CvDefines.h there's a line MAX_PLAYERS or something with 18, change that) you can have as many as you want.

Thanks for asking those questions kt atis, as I heard those questions being tossed around earlier without getting any answers.

I do have an additional question, though. Is the number of civs limited to 18 in a single game in BTS?

Or you could download it from the modpacks area. Many people have made a 34 Civ dll.

Actually, you should find nearly everything you need in the python files.

Have a trawl through them. MainInterface.py is the most important one.

Thanks I'll check that out. :)

Top Bottom