A few screenshots not covered by the other reviews - 11th May 2012

They also changed the Dutch UA, now you keep only 50% of the happiness rather than all the happiness if you traded away all your luxuries.

Salt is a new luxury too ('Salz') !
If someone who knows german more than the few words I know want to translate the celtic UA it will be great.

I don't understand the dutch UA change since it is rendering the ability completely useless now that nobody will ever trade its last luxury !

So the German translation of Druidic Lore... That translates for me as meaning +1-2 Faith per city from having the tiles and not +1-2 Faith per tile.

Of course my German is rusty my takes:

Neuschwanstein: +3 Gold, +2 Culture, +1 Happy per castle. Can only be built in a city within 2 tiles of a mountain.

Druidic Lore: +1 Faith in city with adjoining unimproved forest tile. Bonus increases to +2 Faith if there are 3 or more adjoining unimproved forest tiles.

I know there are few fluent German speakers on the board. If they can give their more reliable input.

If someone who knows german more than the few words I know want to translate the celtic UA it will be great.

1 Faith for every unimproved forests near the city, +2 faith if there are 3 or more forests.

Wonder what that building beside Granary is, it can't be any wonder, it is either a Shrine or some new national wonder that requires Granary in each city xD Looks like a church.

EDIT : Forget it, it's a Shrine.

THEY MADE CLASSICAL ERA HUGER! The German screenshots depict Classical Era in two tiers.. finally!

they just added 'Drama and Poetry' and moved back one or two other techs !

An embassy is also a positive modifier with diplomacy. And no controversial lands is also a positive one.

I don't understand the dutch UA change since it is rendering the ability completely useless now that nobody will ever trade its last luxury !

The Celtic UA translates as: +1 Faith for every city bordering an unimproved forest tile. The bonus increases too +2 for cities that have 3 or more unimproved forest tiles bordering them.

I hope the added Faith is worth not building lumber mills in the forests. Although I suppose that the benefit of the forest Faith would be small enough compared to other sources like buildings in the mid-late game that you would want to sacrifice it to increase production.

1 Faith for every unimproved forests near the city, +2 faith if there are 3 or more forests.

The Celtic UA translates as: +1 Faith for every city bordering an unimproved forest tile. The bonus increases too +2 for cities that have 3 or more unimproved forest tiles bordering them.

But again, is it +1 faith per forest, or just +1 faith per city if you have the forests (+2 per city if there's three or more), i.e. does having a city next to 3 forest tiles net you 2 or 6 faith?

I've noticed the following:
  • The wheel requires animal husbandry AND archery
  • The Great Lighthouse has moved to Optics
  • Petra is available with currency (no surprises there!)
  • The pigs resource is actually a luxury item - truffles
  • Is that a new tech which colosseums are now available from?

But again, is it +1 faith per forest, or just +1 faith per city if you have the forests (+2 per city if there's three or more), i.e. does having a city next to 3 forest tiles net you 2 or 6 faith?

My bad, Art Grin is right.

Wow, Iron Working is expensive! More expensive than engineering or currency.
Basically it's in place of metal working and they've moved that up one tier.

That should kill the swordsmen-rushes, let alone longsy rushes!

I'm not too impressed by the Celtic UA, it seems kind of weak to be honest and strongly depends on forests being found next to your cities. Actually, a funny tactic could be to declare war on the Celts and chop down all the forest around their cities or to simply chop down forests next to their borders.:lol:

Yeah the Celt UA does seem sort of weak beyond the Ancient Era, however their Pictish Warrior is completely badass and I assume those promotions carry over to the units you upgrade them to later.

Top Bottom