A few screenshots not covered by the other reviews - 11th May 2012

Nice catch. I'm assuming that's the anticipated Medieval-era melee naval unit.

That leaves only a single unknown unit of the announced 27.
  1. Atlatl
  2. Pictish Warrior
  3. Battering Ram
  4. Composite Bowman
  5. Horse Archer
  6. African Forest Elephant
  7. Quinquereme
  8. Dromon
  9. Privateer
  10. Sea Beggar
  11. Hakkapeliitta
  12. Carolean
  13. Gatling Gun
  14. Mehal Safari
  15. Machine Gun
  16. WWI Fighter
  17. WWI Bomber
  18. WWI Infantry/WWII Infantry split
  19. Landship
  20. Marine
  21. Great Prophet
  22. Great Admiral
  23. Missionary
  24. Inquisitor
  25. Hussar
  26. (Compass naval unit)
  27. (Unknown)

I'd guess it's the second Byzantine UU. Possibly a Cataphract, Varagian Guard or maybe a unit armed with Greek Fire, there's lots of possibilities.

They didn't change Spain's as well, which is weirder. Perhaps they are polishing or working on something but the text isn't updated yet.

I've never actually played as Spain, whats wrong with their UA?

I dont think they'll fix the Spanish and Arabic UA's, in order to promote compatibility between Vanilla CiV and G&K

Compatibility? I'm not following you. Considering how integrated faith, espionage, and all the new units will be to G&K I don't think there will be a cross-game multiplayer but even if there is, if they can change all the features for a multiplayer match how hard could it be to change the UA back?

Absinthe: I'm not sure why the Aztec UA should be changed? Perhaps change its name, but since the Celts have the Faith one, why change something that works?

I personally think the Aztec UA is a little underpowered but from a practical standpoint it doesn't make sense. The sacrifice of captives was a religious ceremony, not a cultural one. It was prevalent throughout Mesoamerica. It didn't generate culture - the Aztecs didn't write poetry (from what we know) about the practice. Sacrifice giving faith is a no brainer - more so than this Celt thing which seems pretty arbitrary to me.

Does anyone know if there's a conversion anywhere online from the current calendar to the Mayan?

http://www.azteccalendar.com/

I've never actually played as Spain, whats wrong with their UA?

Compatibility? I'm not following you. Considering how integrated faith, espionage, and all the new units will be to G&K I don't think there will be a cross-game multiplayer but even if there is, if they can change all the features for a multiplayer match how hard could it be to change the UA back?

I personally think the Aztec UA is a little underpowered but from a practical standpoint it doesn't make sense. The sacrifice of captives was a religious ceremony, not a cultural one. It was prevalent throughout Mesoamerica. It didn't generate culture - the Aztecs didn't write poetry (from what we know) about the practice. Sacrifice giving faith is a no brainer - more so than this Celt thing which seems pretty arbitrary to me.

http://www.azteccalendar.com/

The irony of that saying AZTECcalender :lol:

The irony of that saying AZTECcalender

The 260 day ritual calendar was common to all Mesoamerican cultures, the 365 day calendar common to both the Maya and the Aztecs. What is called the Mayan calendar (the Long Count) wasn't even developed by the Maya but rather the Olmec (who in all likelihood created the ritual and solar calendar as well). To some degree it makes sense to call it the Aztec calendar as it was from the Aztecs what we learned how the calendars worked and what each of the various cycles/days were called.

Wow, lots of changes! Very happy to see a shot of the new tech tree (as it stands now), always my favorite aspect of the game. Also, very pleased to see salt and copper as resources. Again, like everything else, I really hope they do not increase the density of elements on the map, just the variety.

Squint? The Picture is big enough to zoom in... xD guess my Mozilla has an amazing maginifying abilities :lol:

I found that I needed to increase the Brightness on my monitor to be able to see anything behind those translucent pop-up boxes.

Top Bottom