A Few Suggestions for The Devs

Neylian

Chieftain
Good day developers of Civ VI, I'd like to share a few suggestions for the Game

Why there is no +1 when you are founding your FIRST CAPITAL city in a history record hall? We all can agree that it is a major event to establish first city and a beginning of civilization after all, maybe even +2 is reasonable and fare bonus. And yet history records note not such a momentous event :(

When you are founding a second and a third city is it also not a momentous event in civs history that should be celebrated at list with +1? History does celebrate when you build city in desert as an example and does a job of commemorating 6 cities to have yet naturally expected things as establishing capital and other at list 2-3 first cities commemorated not :(

Destroying babrabian camp gives too much "glorification" for being cleared, +2 and +1 in ancient times should suffice in my view. IF say barbarian camp would spawn some hero/general and that heroes goal would be to harass you and when you defeat that hero/general and clearing camp it's bound to, well then +3 I would understand :)

I wish there would be like +1 score for turning all cities on the continent to your religion :) Somewhat significant moment for the religious victory progression.

I don't dig luxury resources being limited to say 4 cities at all for the civ. When you play in abundance, you have many luxury resources yet you can't really make use of them at all, sure you can share with others but you still can share one that would bonus them anyway, the rest of them is just wasted and only contributed to yield on the map or to be cleared to give bonuses. You might say then it would be too good of a life with many luxury resources - but that's why I play on abundance setting :) I think there should be either a policy, building or trader or something else that DOES expand use of luxury resources for other cities and that luxury resource WOULD not be bound to only 4 cities for the whole civilization.

There is a policy Limitanei and it gives +2 loyalty, I think it needs to be buffed to 3 or 4 to be even considered a worthy policy over many others. You just have to invoke your adviser after all to help. Most of a distance loyalty penalty begins with -5 -10 any way - what is the use in +2 policy? I found not, takes precious policy slot after all. A little too weak I think this policy is. AND same goes for Praetorium policy (+3 or +4 way more appealing and useful than plain +2 that doesn't really change anything).

There is also a bug in my game where one of the civs declaring war upon itself, maybe it attempts to declare war up on other one but fail in the process and "redirected" upon itself lol. OR may be someone else declaring war but it shows a wrong message presenting false civs/city-states being at war.

That's all for now, thank you for your attention & best of all

Last edited:
Good day developers of Civ VI, I'd like to share a few suggestions for the Game

Why there is no +1 when you are founding your FIRST CAPITAL city in a history record hall? We all can agree that it is a major event to establish first city and a beginning of civilization after all, maybe even +2 is reasonable and fare bonus. And yet history records note not such a momentous event :(

Because it's trivial, of course you're going to found a capital within the first turn or two, giving everybody an Era score for that doesn't add anything new and just trivializes the point.

When you are founding a second and a third city is it also not a momentous event in civs history that should be celebrated at list with +1?

Yes I believe you get Era for those, I did at least, along with a joke about it being a 'dry heat' if I founded near a desert

Destroying babrabian camp gives too much "glorification" for being cleared, +2 and +1 in ancient times should suffice in my view.

Only happens if the barbs are near your city, like three tiles or something I believe

Hi,

Timeline celebrates civilization achievements - founding a city is an achievement, even if it's just a free one so to speak, aesthetically feels right. Timeline should start from this, Kinda weird to scroll back and see that your time line begins with meeting civ or clearing barbarians, its just artistically doesn't look. And from game play, yeah +1 or +2 should be okay - a little help not to end up in dark age next age cycle :)

I don't. 3 cities - nothing, only if you built it on a special spot.

Cleared far away camp of barbarians - got historical note.

lol believing is one thing, what happens in the game is another :D

Last edited:
I think the timeline should start with founding the first city but it shouldn't give era score. As was pointed out, every civ gets to do this so if founding your first city gave +2 era score, you'd just have to increase the era score required to get out of a dark age by +2 so that the overall era score needed was still the same. From a gameplay perspective, getting points from it is meaningless. From an immersion perspective, I'd like to see it added.

I don't care much about score per say, I just would love to see history line flow and note different events even if they don't give score - its fun.
You found your capital city - BAM! - historical Timeline note "Rejoice for your civilization begins its journey! Your people have finally settled down and found its first city <name>."

You built your first district of certain type, first time unit type been built, city grown to full boarders, you have now 6 citizens and so on and so forth.

History timeline is fun and little none score events add up at the end to the game play :) I only can hope, development will continue in this direction, its a good addition to the game, been looking for this feature for a very very long time.

Top Bottom