A Futile Gesture

Well, considering I messaged you on the 17th and 24th, it kinda sounds like this is true always.

discord is for nerds shouldn't you be playing fortnite or something emo kid :p

I'm out of class I'll go log in

Apologies for not being able to update my sign up, I've been super busy these past two days with work and school.

The Lion League

Government:
Merchant Republic (ruled by the Merchant Princes of Singapura, the Lion City)

The Lion League grew out of the trading dominion of the Merchant Princes of Singapura, the Lion City.

As civilisation rebuilt itself in South East Asia, it grew in the form of walled cities, which weilded large fleets of junks for trading, defence against pirates and seaborne barbarians, and in time, war. The greatest of these cities was Singapura, who's merchants abused the city's geographical position to become wealthy beyond measure. In time, the Merchants grew to rule the city, becoming the lauded Merchant Princes and founding the House of Merchants and Guilds to formalise their governance.

The Princes' greed and avarice extended far beyond merely their own island, and soon the kings, rajas, and senates of the region found themselves in the pocket of Singapuran merchants, or swiftly replaced by those who were. Not satisfied with unrestricted access to the markets of their clients, The House formalised their control of the region through the formation of the Lion League - in theory a league of equals, but really a hegemonic thalassocracy of the Lion City over its peers. It is the House of Singapura that makes the laws and dictates of the League, and though there are 12 stars on the flag for each of the cities, it is the Lion that makes the orders. The potentates of the cities are clients of an evershifting web of Merchant Princes, and their policies are frequently decided miles away in the Lion City where all things are bought and sold. More autonomy is given to those tribes, villages and bands the Merchant Princes believe uncivilized and beneath their notice, but even the chiefs of jungle tribes of inner Borneo, warlords of Dyak pirate fleets, or petty kings of Sumatran clans pay homage and tribute to Singapura when called

And so, the Lion City is the greatest of the Orient. In Singapura all things can be bought and sold - garments, crafts and spices from across the known and unknown world, those unfortunates enslaved by a pirate raid or a tribal war, an entire mercanary fleet or the death of a King a thousand leagues away. Men from all races rub shoulders in its streets, as even before the catastrophe the Lion City's rapacious need for labour drew in throngs seeking a better life. Singapura is the centre of a vast trading empire and is rapacious in it's growth, and it's residents are not afraid to boast of it with fierce civic pride.

When the Merchant Princes of the League can turn from their internecine trade wars and hedonistic pursuits long enough to make common cause, they shake the seas with their might. Each Prince owns a fleet of junks large enough to give any individual city pause, and together they can wipe the ocean clean of a threat with impunity. On land, their wealth can raise vast armies of mercenary soldiers from across the archipelago - Dyaks from Borneo, kris-armed swordsmen from Sumatra and Java, elephant riders from Siam, subcontinental ghurka warrior poets, Rattan shields from southern China, and esoteric mystics from any number of cults. The Merchant Princes know well what can motivate the hearts of men, and more than one city has found itself sacked and scoured by rapacious mercenaries after drawing the ire of the Princes.

Map: to come, but:

core territory is Malaya, Malaysian Sarawak and Brunei, Sabah and north-east Sumatra.
Extended territory is Malayan peninsula up to Bangkok, more of Sumatra, Borneo, and Mindanao and Palawan.

Last edited:
Sino Catholic Cross.png

Religious syncretism in the Far East came to include Christianity, particular for Roman Catholics that faced after the separation from the Papacy; authority by nature came from local bishops within post-collapse China. It was around 4 centuries ago that this came ahead with the formation of the Rizhaon Catholicism, better known as Sino Catholicism.

Though its papal centrality is in Rizhao the church dates its origins around Nanning through the foundation of the two known as the Nanning Myters: St Liling and St Xiao-ping, both preached a Catholicism adopting elements of Buddhism and Confucianism, both executed by local nobles. The faith came to Rizhao after what became known as The March of Saints, which ended with P’an Shi dying in the city in his deathbed after leading the march and being Christiansen as Pope Fúlǎngxīsī (Francis) the Third.

This sect distances itself by adopting of elements of reincarnations in place of purgatory, the use of meditation as a practice of prayer and the appointment of female priests. The sect also proclaims the Buddha as a figure akin to Moses and other pre-Christ Biblical holy figures.

The See of Rizhao stands as the Chinese Catholic version of the See of Rome, based around the Xīn Shèngbǎoluó Palace in Rizhao, located within the complex known as the New Vatican.

The current Rizhaon Pope is Dà'wèi III, who succeeded Pope Qián XVIII.

The Church is fondly remember for out competing the cultic Church of Mao that once had a fortification around New Shanghai.

Its diplomacy with the Inner Dominion of Church is honoured by the Majiamiaon Treaty that allows the See its sovereign status as the minimal city state of P'an Shi City.

With the restoration of trade via the Silk Route it will be seen how The See of Rizhao will conduct with The See of Rome.

Spoiler :

Religious syncretism in the Far East came to include Christianity, particular for Roman Catholics that faced after the separation from the Papacy; authority by nature came from local bishops within post-collapse China. It was around 4 centuries ago that this came ahead with the formation of the Rizhaon Catholicism, better known as Sino Catholicism.

Though its papal centrality is in Rizhao the church dates its origins around Nanning through the foundation of the two known as the Nanning Myters: St Liling and St Xiao-ping, both preached a Catholicism adopting elements of Buddhism and Confucianism, both executed by local nobles. The faith came to Rizhao after what became known as The March of Saints, which ended with P’an Shi dying in the city in his deathbed after leading the march and being Christiansen as Pope Fúlǎngxīsī (Francis) the Third.

This sect distances itself by adopting of elements of reincarnations in place of purgatory, the use of meditation as a practice of prayer and the appointment of female priests. The sect also proclaims the Buddha as a figure akin to Moses and other pre-Christ Biblical holy figures.

The See of Rizhao stands as the Chinese Catholic version of the See of Rome, based around the Xīn Shèngbǎoluó Palace in Rizhao, located within the complex known as the New Vatican.

The current Rizhaon Pope is Dà'wèi III, who succeeded Pope Qián XVIII.

The Church is fondly remember for out competing the cultic Church of Mao that once had a fortification around New Shanghai.

Its diplomacy with the Inner Dominion of Church is honoured by the Majiamiaon Treaty that allows the See its sovereign status as the minimal city state of P'an Shi City.

With the restoration of trade via the Silk Route it will be seen how The See of Rizhao will conduct with The See of Rome.

Can I get a map? I suck at East Asian geography. It kind of sounds like your claims conflict with the polities that already exist in China?

Can I get a map? I suck at East Asian geography. It kind of sounds like your claims conflict with the polities that already exist in China?

Rizhao is about here...

I had thought of P'an Shi City being within Rizhao similar to how Vatican City is within Rome... so a simple dot would be enough.

For the record The See of Rizhao is potential NPC.

LoE, Kaiser wants to join and create a polity in the UK where you set up NPCs already and I just want to clarify if you're ok with that or if you would perfer your current set up. I would have just made this post in the discord to this effect but I literally already did and you even acknowledged you got the notification but forgot the content of the message and I guess you didn't know discord saves backlog unlike IRC but regardless forum post for posterity.

LoE, Kaiser wants to join and create a polity in the UK where you set up NPCs already and I just want to clarify if you're ok with that or if you would perfer your current set up. I would have just made this post in the discord to this effect but I literally already did and you even acknowledged you got the notification but forgot the content of the message and I guess you didn't know discord saves backlog unlike IRC but regardless forum post for posterity.

Yeah I'm sorry yo I'm an old dog or something I have Discord open but it's taking me a minute to actually figure out how it works. I'd prefer a PC-written Britain.

futile gesture.png
The Great Kingdom of Hyderabad

Sultan Abdullah Nazim

History: For too long Indian history and affairs had begun and ended with Delhi. With the collapse of the old world, this state of affairs was quickly ended. Hyderabad was the only functioning city left in India and to it was left the grand task of rebuilding. Currently it exists as a conservative kingdom ruled with an iron fist by a sultan.

The kingdom has several legal regimes to account for its religious and ethnic minorities, following the old imperial principles of yore, but it also brings with it an competent civil service, with an impressive ability to acquire and manage data, making Hyderabad the nation with the most accurate census accounts (and tax collectors) in the world.

Important members of the government:
The sultan (Sultan Abdullah Nazim may Allah bless his name, is a young king, recent;y come to the throne. He was never the favored heir, nor the oldest, nor particularly a political presence to note so the court is scrambling to figure him out. The only clue is a scrap of a poem he wrote - This mattress is big enough for two men, but India is not big enough for two kings, which may be an expression of foreign policy or a flight of poetic fancy)
The grand vizier (manages the diplomatic corps, the Foreign Intelligence Bureau, and military to create diplomatic policy that takes into account all of these facets of foreign policy).
The examination master (In charge of administering the imperial examination by setting priorities and principles guiding the test, although details are left to examiners giving the system some dynamism)
Captain of the Royal Guard (The chief protector of the king, and usually one of the most loyal units, but also the most dangerous to piss off. There hasn't been one palace coup that the royal guard did not play an important role in)

Last edited:
La Demono En La Kimono
short: La Kimono

Theocracy under La Dema Papa, the supreme spiritual liege of her people. She wears the titular kimono in order to contain her inner demon which would otherwise usher in the apocalypse. The demon is Catholic. The next La Dema Papa is either the daughter or closest friend of the previous La Dema Papa. The firstborn daughter automatically absorbs the demon upon her mother's death, while the method for passing it on to someone else is rather more involved and ideally done before death. The land is ostensibly governed by people directly appointed by La Dema Papa, though in practice the southern regions where infrastructure and communication is scare is held by autonomous tribes. As time goes on, the tribes grow closer to the rest of the country due to technological advancements while the governors gain more power for themselves. The current La Dema Papa is Tamiko de la Jolla.

La Demono En La Kimono is descended from two great peoples: the Venus Whalers and the Kimonese. The Venus Whalers had lived here since before the last great age of technology, while Kimonese were migrants from Brasileria some centuries after. Neither people was originally from this continent, though their true homelands have been lost to time. It is rumored the Venus Whalers have something to do with the planet Venus, because why would they not? Like, it's totally obvious. The clergy and bureaucracy speak the language of the spirits, Esperanto, while the common people speak something that developed out of a pidgin of Esperanto and the original tongue of the Kimonese. Now, the people simply prefer to be called Esperantese.

Capital is Caracas which is apparently Karakoj in Esperanto so let's go with that.

please fix the Nicaragua border it shouldn't be a straight line I'm just lazy
Don't mind if I have more land past the Branco River but I don't want a direct land border with Brazil. Clients are fine.
also good with more islands

Yeah I'm sorry yo I'm an old dog or something I have Discord open but it's taking me a minute to actually figure out how it works. I'd prefer a PC-written Britain.

Can confirm I am working on something in the UK! :D

The world including the Lion League, minimum territory in yellow, maximal stretch territory in orange.

New map coming soon. Will also check to see if anyone has been trying to talk to me on Discord. I went and got really, ugly sick yesterday somehow but I think I'm over the worst of it and can now function and don't have to be in bed all day smh

Batulkina Shahanshahate

"When the Almighty put hoofs on the wind and a bridle on the lightning, He called it a horse!" ~A proverb of the Azallahi people​

upload_2018-9-29_19-14-45.png

Before we were settled in the land that the Almighty gave us, we lived in the lands of the East, where rivers flowed far to the northern icescapes, living free with no masters to know of.

It is then that a great conqueror united the disparate tribes from Àdarḵān to the lands of the city of Kazan-Tar, to the northlands of the cold and frost.

But for their might, for their bravery, for their power, their rule had not sought the wisdom of the Almighty, Whose Wisdom is infinite and Whose Grace is immeasurable

To the south of the grand capital that they had built in the glory of their visage, a peoples, a noble peoples from the mountains came; the Azallahi, who fled and sought refuge

Azallahi were the ones who carried the Word, yes, the Word of Him; the great conqueror was wise to offer them lodging and the right to live within his great demesne

But the Conqueror’s ears were deaf to the Word that the Azallahi broke to him, that of Allah’s Glory and Mercy; they thought that the world was theirs

So the Azallahi spoke, “O, foolish one! For thinking that your conquests of the dirt of the flesh of the earth make you greater than the Almighty, your kingdom will turn to dust!”

“For that all is intermittent and ephemeral but Allah’s Word; and as centuries go, and as empires fall, and as men are born and die, it’ll continue being true!”

“O, foolish one, we beg you, before it is too late! Accept the Holy Qu’ran as the truth and guide to your soul and rule, or face the consequences!”

But they did not listen to the words of the Azallahi, and expelled them from their capital, off to the city of Kazan-Tar, to where they could not bother the Conqueror.

As the last Azallahi was about to go, in front of the crowd of Àdarḵān peoples, they are to have been said the words:

“For your refusal of the Truth and the Wisdom of Allah, I say: Woe, woe is you, woe is all that shall fall very soon, soon as the corpse of the Conqueror grows cold! You will see, all very soon!”

The crowd began to pelt him with stones; and a guard of the city was about to strike him down, as when a miracle happened, and his blade turned to dirt, and his armour became rot!

Fleeing, the crowds dispersed; the last Azallahi left to die as a true believer is ought to; praying for Allah’s Grace to accept him into Heaven.

Not all of the people of Àdarḵān responded like this; along their ranks, wise men and women and children came and followed the Azallahi in their expulsion; they were blessed.

The journey was long and arduous; the steppe winds blew furiously, and the people of ill-minds sought to sabotage their journey; but Allah protects those who believe Him, and punishes those who doubt Him

In the cottages and the homes and the hamlets of Kazan-Tar, the warmth of Allah’s words found a welcoming soil for those open to Him; and verily, the words of the wise men of Azallahi came true.

No man lives forever, and even the Prophet dies; the Conqueror is no exception; and with his death, so did the Empire perish, crushed under the blows of the foreign peoples.

As all collapsed around Kazan-Tar, the tribes, fearful for their lives, but also hearing of the prophecy the Azallahi have given to them, they sought their wisdom out

And so it is said that one of them, the daughter of the Last Azallahi said, that Allah Himself told her that this land is no longer theirs, that they must leave, or perish.

She said: “You must abandon all but your horses and your families; and from now on, to embrace Allah, the Almighty, and go to distant lands locked by rivers and mountains!”

Year and a years and decades and century passed; they wandered, led by her, ever searching for the land.

One night, she said: “Soon, I shall perish, but fear not, for that where my body lies, you shall now know the land that you are to be granted by the mercy of Allah.”

As the mountains of the Ortadunay stood before them, their horses all lined up, their men all tired of the neverending journey, the woman fell on her knees before the mighty work of Allah

She cried for a sign, something to end this ceaseless trek for her and her people and all of her followers; as that happened, the astonished people realized that she was dead.

As sombre as happy as they were, the burial happened, with the grave pointing towards the Holy City that she had spoken so much for and that one day they shall too come to claim as theirs.

The arrival of the Batulkina was not welcomed by all; oh, no, for that the indigenous refused to accept Allah, for one or another lord of the heavens; they all saw the lighting

Those were not the only adversaries, as the “Holy” Kingdom had sought to expand beyond the Tuna river, but lo, the Almighty gave us the strength to rebuff the heathen Catholics; they hide behind the mountains.

O, Allah, the Almighty, he too blessed us with power when the “Imperium” of the Church tried to stymie the true believers from the Land granted to them; all shall cower before Him and those who He has blessed.

As the sun rises, as the Earth turns, so rules Shahbanu Roya Vüsallı,

may Allah grant her the power of mind so that she
may have the strength of heart to rule her manyfold peoples that live;
may have the invaders fall before her armies
may have the harvests be plentiful
may have her progeny rule as wisely as she has
may have the Word of Allah spread as widely.

So it has been written, and so it shall be!

Here's the newest map. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone. Alterations to the British Isles pending @KaiserElectric's application.
Spoiler :

@Tolina, where's your capital?

Not so many NPCs so far because I am still waiting on @Terran Empress to help decide the fate of Eastern Europe and @KaiserElectric for the British Isles, but I have made some alterations and added the Empire of United Korea. Principally, because I am lazy, I have expanded @Crezth's borders into northern India and added some regional borders to delineate areas with some form of autonomy/significant cultural differences from the dominant group. I've also carved most of modern Switzerland out of @Jehoshua's Imperium of the Church in a similar fashion to Lisbon, Barcelona, Marseilles and Venice, which are nominally "free" cities. I've also added @Tolina's capital in Budapest because they mentioned it so many times on the Discord and I can only assume that's where it's at.

Spoiler :

EDIT: LoE, you say, what's the significance of the regions within my country? That's up to you! You know why I added them? Because I think it looks pretty! I am a slave to fashion. A E S T H E T IC

Last edited:
Top Bottom