A Good Stategic WW2 Game

Ozz

Deity
Can anyone recommend a good Stategic WW2 game.
Axis & Allies, and Civ2 Scenarios are the best I have
been able to find.

Not really.
But I can recommend you a superb tactical WW2 game - Combat Mission. One of the 2-3 best game I've ever played. In the making from the same manufacturer also - Airborne Assault, which is somewhat more on the strategical level.

Check out
http://www.battlefront.com/

C.

Strategic eh?:cool:
Clash of Steel was an excellent grand strategy WW2 game for the PC. It succeeded where a lot didn't.

There were of course a tremendous amount of great strategic, operational, and tactical board wargames from Avalon Hill. Third Reich I used to like a lot, but it seemed to lose something in the translation with the PC version. Or perhaps it was just TOO faithful a rendition? Stalingrad, Russian Campaign were good strategy. :tank: Panzer Leader/General ops/strategy. Anyone tried the PC versions of any of those?

Very few AH games translated to the PC did well, do to the fact that many games were over simplified.

And the games that weren't dumbed down, were so friggin' hard that you gave up in frustration.

On a strategic level, there hasn't been a SINGLE game (Except for Civ 2 MP scenarios) that has piqued my interest. Although my Great Naval Battles strategic campaign is going well, and is great fun.

Thanks for the advice, I agree the AV games don't translate well. They lose the fun in translation (you need Humans to enjoy them. A&A is in this group too). I have tried Third Reich, High Command. The Big three etc from the underdogs WW2 section. (Also Combat mission demo, you should try XCOM UFO Defense)

I will look at clash of steel and Great Naval Battles. I think this explains all the WW2 scenarios for Civ 2, people have been trying to create what they have not been able to find.

Originally posted by Old n Slow
Try Panzer General & Allied General -- both give an Avalon Hill "Feel".

hell, try the whole 5-Star/Living Battlefield series... Pacific General and People's General being among the best... all d/l for free...

Top Bottom