A Gun Free Utopia

What would you choose?

• Total voters
Same saying goes for those advocationg a Latina-maid-free utopia.
:salute:

Tough question. Guns can help, say, if someone has a knife and is about to slit someones throat. But accidents with a knife won't be as bad as with guns. Plus, in this scenario, there are still the big guns out there, and the only means by which to combat them would be to get some of your own, which is kinda hard, or run at them with swords. That, mind you, only works in civ. So I can't be sure, I don't love guns, but they have uses too. Tough world eh?

Hard question, but when I saw "What would MacGyver do?" on your avatar, that convinced me to vote remove all guns :)

Don't forget, if you are out on a nature hike and a rabid badger attacks you, you'll be sorry you don't have your handgun handy.
JollyRoger said:
Same saying goes for those advocationg a Latina-maid-free utopia.
:agree:

Have all guns taken away but the government can keep their tanks?

No thank you.

You take away the guns, people start training with throwing knives. I'd prefer a .50 AE in the chest then an oversized battle axe any day.

Also as VRWCAgent said....from my cold dead hands. *flashbacks to that image*

Other, definitely.

Don't forget, if you are out on a nature hike and a rabid badger attacks you, you'll be sorry you don't have your handgun handy.

:agree:

you're a gun carrier i assume, how often does this happen to you?

In a gun free utopia, a criminal or a rapist would only have to overpower their victim with brute force.

No, guns are more civilized than most older weaponry(except for swords :D).

Would you rather having people fighting wars with bows, axes, knives, spears, etc? That would leave more people dying a slow death, than a quick one?

I have a hunch that if personal guns were gone then the people with the big weapons would be overpowering so if you had a tank or a chopper you could screw everything up.

So, I want guns to stay to prevent arseholes with tanks killing me.

Question: Would this affect bazookas or other shoulder mounted anti-armor weapons?

Indeed, those people are many.

Lawl!

Perhaps he means the government? I don't have much of a fear of other people having guns as I do with the government having a monopoly over the firepower in this nation.

Lawl!

Perhaps he means the government? I don't have much of a fear of other people having guns as I do with the government having a monopoly over the firepower in this nation.

That would make more sense, though when you get down to it, I can't really trust anyone to have superior firepower over me, or even myself. The power, it corrupts!

That would make more sense, though when you get down to it, I can't really trust anyone to have superior firepower over me, or even myself. The power, it corrupts!

This is true, but I think letting the citizens have guns levels out the playing field instead of swords versus tanks.

Top Bottom