A HoF AND game

Prince
The idea of this is for all participants to use a standard install and set of game options against the AND 1.73beta3.

Each participant will post a save game of the starting year and every so many turns, along with an activity summary of the things that happen since the last posted save/activity summary.

These can also serve as a guide to see how the game plays out among different play styles, that Afforess can view to see were strength and weakness of the AI and player's strategies are.

We'd have to agree on a standard set of options though. Afforess should weigh in first, and possible dictate certain required options to make evaluation easier. (Although most HoF games are submitted after being won, I'd rather see these as 'while the game is in progress'... (win or lose)

sounds good. i think save games should be made at certain dates such that the save games of different players better comparable on how progress goes. these dates should be compatible with autosave interval - in case someone forgets to save at the right time. it might be useful to post a starting year save game which all who wish to participate download and use - depending on what is to be tested and compared (best option to compare player strategies but not so good for AI testing).

EDIT: i'll collect all my savegames in this post when conditions are specified and i start a new game.

First we'd have to agree on the AND install, I prefer the recommended install plus Ideology Civic, though I'M considering adding in the Dept of Waste this time to test it out.

Next we would have to agree on a map, one option is we all use different maps, another is we all use the same map/scenario (but please not an earth map) Someone could even explicitly design a map, with balanced starting positions, of all the civs each participant happens to like.

For civ/leaders I happen to like using Hittites w/ Pericles (so unrestricted leader option)

I'll list my preferred game options later after the above questions are agreed on. Though two game options that I think will be required are:

Lock Modified Assets as false/unchecked (in case of a game breaking error needs to be fixed)

New Random Seed on Reload false/unchecked (normally I check this, but in order to have replicable consistency among the posted saves this would have to be left off.)

Count me in :)

i suggest using no additional building mods except of 'early buildings' in case of a marathon or snail speed game. i prefer marathon for testing... might be to slow though (never used a faster setting). map: huge or standard (to small for me but we must find a compromise all can accept). shape: continental archipelago maps with low sea level are my favorite (good balance between sea and land). should use revolutions.

I think that Early Buildings and Civic Buildings come with the Recommended set-up, but definitely no other optional building packs. I'm in two minds as to whether to include the Ideology civic, but don't include the Waste Disposal civic.

I'll post rules in a day or two. I want to make sure Beta3 has no critical game-breaking bugs. A HoF game would pointless otherwise.

i agree on no additional building mod packs, tho i'd like more 1-2 perfect world 2 continents rather than archipelago. as about ideology civics - i think they break balance in some way, i.e. make leading civs even stronger. huge or giant map and snail speed are my favorites. and limited religions, and no cultural victory :).

we should agree on difficulty.

p.s. btw playing now 173beta3 and liking it's balance, just a bit more tweaking and it's good. much better than previous versions.

since the HoF still didn't start i decided to make a new game on my own with my settings.

it's a test game on snail speed, huge perfectworld2 map with 20 civs of which 4 were grouped into teams of 2. starting difficulty was monarch but i use increasing difficulty setting. advanced start with 2000 points and random staring civ (i ended up with carthago).

here is the installation log:

Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:
furthermore i used Dancing Huskolds 'Subdue Animal Mod' that i wanted to test

-----------------------------
here's a brief description for anyone interested:

started with one town on size two with a working boat, settler and a warrior. the capital has a perfect stating position and could grow quite fast. my first aim was to improve both cities with all buildings (fish traps, fishermans huts, ...) to boost growth. first tech was agriculture to gain more food for capital form potato resource. next was straight teching for religion - i.e. polytheism. in the mean time i finished stonehenge to produce a GP soon to build the holy shrine in holy city asap. meanwhile i discoverd that the russian team started next to me. and i saw them foundling a new city near me. because it was not perfectly placed i declared war on them an razed it. nah, just joking i wanted to prevent them from expanding so they cannot endanger me in future. though i lost some units the russians don't give me much opposition. in the last turns i founded a new city to get access to fur resource. diplomatically i traded with gilgamesh some techs and contects from which i could aquire further techs and further contacts and so on... now i consider declairing war on the indians too and destroy their new city as well. but first i'll finish upgrading my cities with the all the new buildings form the traded techs.

and here's a screenshot of my last turn: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9147383#post9147383

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-6000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    135.4 KB · Views: 56
  • AutoSave_BC-5000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    300.4 KB · Views: 45
  • AutoSave_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    434.2 KB · Views: 58
  • AutoSave_BC-3000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    548.9 KB · Views: 70
A bump for this as it's something that should happen.

Afforess - we need the rules.

I'd prefer no ideology civics myself, just to chime in with something - I feel like those civics aren't as empire-defining as the others and mainly serve to cause problems with Civic Diplomacy.

Top Bottom