A humane end to the simpsons?

Should "THe SImpsons" finally come to an end?

• Yes, it's the humane thing to do!

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • No, Homer will live forever!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • Wait, the Simpson's isn't real??

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Never seen it...

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

Che Guava

The Juicy Revolutionary
While reading over everyone's favourite simpson's episodes in Narz's thread, I was struck by a question that has occurred to me a few times before: When is "The Simpsons" finally going to end??!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan and still watch whenever I can, but I've noticed a significant delcine in the quality of episodes over the years. Lately, the writers just seem to be trying to figure out what hasn't been done yet (this is the 17th season, btw!!) and how they can tied it in to yet another celebrity guest voice.

I personally think that the simpsons should finally be put to rest, lest they become (even more) something they used to mock. Anyone agree/disagree?

Maybe a 2 hour finale?

I've stopped watching it a few years ago, because the episodes seemed to be degrading.

I agree. There are a few good episodes now but mostly they're pretty lack lustre compared to the fine body that has gone before. More Futurama would be nice, IMO they were just getting warmed up :)

They got at least 13 more seasons to go. They can go slower, to get more material per episode. They can still mock current events (they never seem to stop).

Personally, I think Simpsons should be going on until Matt Groening dies.

I loved the simpsons when I was in High school (7 or so years ago), but havent been able to find the time to watch them regularly anymore, so I am unable to comment on their current goodness (or lack thereof)

I periodically watch the Simpsons now, but am often disappointed with the new episodes. I think a humane rest to the Simpsons would be in order, it should try to leave on as a high a note as possible like Seinfeld, and not let it jump the shark. Even Simpsons just focused on Current Events isn't enough as there is a significant time lag of a couple months between the creating stages to airing, where as South Park can create an episode in a week due to the simple animation.

OH, they've jumped the shark, the tuna, and the giant squid...they just don't seem to stop!

El_Machinae said:
So is all TV entertainment

That's got to have been rhetorical surely, but if it wasn't: no some TV is mindless drivel about as a entertaining as having your body stripped of skin and dipped in a barrel of hot super saturated salt water.:D

Perhaps they should kill it soon, but the reruns should go on for eternity. :)

puglover said:
Perhaps they should kill it soon, but the reruns should go on for eternity. :)

they are in the UK, they simply sold the rights to another channel so now can show them all again.

Appearently new episodes are still worthwhile to FOX. Since it is helping the economy I am all in favor of them continueing.

It's hard to put an end to what is most definitely the best TV show ever created.

I blame all the crapass Simpson's clones, alongside the simple length of the series, for the decline of the Simpsons. Family Guy springs to mind. yes, I know that teenage guys who love the internet also tend to love family guy, but it really is a crappy show. trust me.

The Simpsons used to be my favorite show. However i agree that the quality has slipped.

I grew up with the show. I remember the very first episode. The simpsons has gone a long way. At first they were very family centered. That changed very early on.

But right now all they are doing is trying to find a new topic and most of the times it isnt even interesting.

Can you name me how many episodes that show the simpsons going on vacation to other countries? Lets see...

They went to Great Britain, Japan, Brazil, Germany, I think France, and some other places.

And for the love of god the sideshow bob thing is old now.

Its time for the show to die.

Fifty said:
It's hard to put an end to what is most definitely the best TV show ever created.

I blame all the crapass Simpson's clones, alongside the simple length of the series, for the decline of the Simpsons. Family Guy springs to mind. yes, I know that teenage guys who love the internet also tend to love family guy, but it really is a crappy show. trust me.
Yeah, I agree.

Fifty said:

Family guy and the simpsons is quite similar. Peter griffon is way funnier though. Family guy has better quality and is just a lot more funny then the simpsons ever was.

Sure they have petty toilet humor but they have some other great jokes too. I think family guy is better then the simpsons ever was IMO.

Fifty said:

While it has some similarities with the Simpsons, I just don't see how you can say that they are that similar. Family Guy relies much more heavily on pop culture references than the Simpsons for one (or at least wrt to the Simpsons in its prime).

Top Bottom