A leetle idea for Threepwood

Fafnir13

King
Sing adds 5 :culture: to the city he is in when he casts it.

This random idea occurred to me when my younger brother built him for his first time. He liked sing, but was somewhat disappointed that it didn't do anything.

In addition to livening up the somewhat dull hero, it would be great for far flung Lanune expansions. Sing for a few turns and you'll have the fat cross fully accessible for building pirate coves and the like. Not exactly the flashiest thing, but certainly useful.

Anyways, just throwing it out to see if it sticks.

It could be interesting, but I'm afraid it would probably necessitate limiting the spell to being used once per turn. Most players wouldn't have the patience to use it thousands of times in a single turn, but if that is still possible a Cultural Victory would be way too easy.

Maybe it could grant the Morale promotion instead, to represent how his songs could lift his crewmates' spirits?

Maybe it could grant the Morale promotion instead, to represent how his songs could lift his crewmates' spirits?
I like this idea better. Aside from the free culture being potentially overpowering, it would get really, really annoying having to cast it every turn. That's why I don't like Loki... I hate having to cast Entertain every turn to get the gold, so more often then not I just Insparation + Fortify in my capital.

The songs should displace all units in guybrush's stack to 1 square away, turn them barbarian, and give them crazed, enraged, burning blood, and war cry. If another civ's units were in his tile when he does this, that civ declares on you, of course.

Just make him add a building that gives +5 Culture/turn. Goes away when he's not there. Same effect, and without the hassle of having to recast it every turn.

How about making him immortal? It's not like he was able to be killed in the Monkey Island games.

You could do that, but the way xml prereqs work would still pretty much mean that the ability could then only be used once per turn. (By "pretty much" I mean you could technically use it as many times as you want, but only if you can manage to get him to a new city each time he uses it. You'd eventually run out of those, even if you gave him hundreds of movements points.)

nah, this is dark fantasy, only very few immortal heroes, and only because they are supernatural.

However, it would be cool to make a similar mod, maybe based on Code Geass, where Kallen and Suzaku had extremely high withdrawal rates, Lelouche was immortal and gave extremely high bonuses to units in the same stack, and CC was immortal and gave half the bonus to units in the same stack. The Lelouche bonus and CC bonus do not stack upon each other, only the highest is applied at one time. Also, lelouche gets a powerful domination spell that doesnt go away, but opposing heroes are immune to it, except for Orange ... but he is a powerful early hero for the opposition, and could do some heavy damage before he is dominated ...

see ... basing mechanics off of story line is somewhat limited, and subject to extreme inbalance :p

It would be kinda cool though ... somehow it will need tactics and genius to play properly ... but that would take quite a few testable versions before it could be implemented ^_^

But Guybrush has a "humor aura" that negates the dark fantasy, just like the Baelseraph Cow-a-pults

There is so much we Elves will never understand about the other inhabitants of Erebus. Perhaps Gilden was right when he said "Do not try to understand the Lanun and do not try to make them understand you. Those who venture upon the sea are a strange lot best left alone by the Forest Folk."

Personally, I wish we hadn't shot Threepwood full of arrows.

(I'd play the Lanun but as I said in some other thread "they're too much like exiles from Pirates of the Caribbbean than FFH2 pirates")

That's generally how heroes work, Fafnir.

I mean, sure... you could give him :strength: 5 , +1 water affinity, 25% withdraw rate, the special "Hero" unitclass, a singing ability that has a 5% (+5% mind affinity) chance to convert a unit to his cause, a potion to start off with, :move: 2 , and his own ship (complete with a crew) and the ability for him to break off and begin his own civilization after he gains a certain amount of experience, but... isn't a :strength: 8 Boarding Party with the Hero promotion and the Sing ability enough?

Enough? Sure, but I think we're a little beyond that already. FFH could have stopped patches back and been "enough" but I don't think anyone here would have called for that to happen. While I understand it has to stop sometime, we're still a bit away from that, meaning fun little ideas can still be thrown around.
+5 :culture: a turn wouldn't be game breaking, it would encourage more interaction with the hero, and it would (given the existence of similar abilities already) probably be fairly easy to implement. If nothing else, at least it would be getting the players to cast sing every turn. That's got to count for something. ;)

"Please, sir, can't I have some more?"

It is never enough.

--
Shockingly enough...
I prefer my idea for sprucing up Mr. Threepwood.

Top Bottom