1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A legitimate Warhammer 40,000 mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by black baron, Jul 29, 2008.

?

do you think we should start with a scenario or a free-form mod

1. scenario

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. free form

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  3. other (please suggest if other)

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. niether

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

How´s the progress going?
    I hope you will find someone who is able to pull all the graphics from the DoW games into CIV, that would make it quiet "easy" on the art side.

2. black baron

black baron Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

not at all is there any progress, especially form the skeletal mod that doesn't even qualify for an alpha mod.

3. Dark Crusader

Dark Crusader Chieftain

BB,

This would be awsome if you can get it off the ground. Have you seen the 40k mod that was started by TheGreatApple? I don't think he is around anymore, but you might be able to get some ideas and material if anyone from the thread is still around. Here's the link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140527

Hope you get it runing.

You might have some luck asking woodelf, he might have been a tester for it.

Cheers,
    DC

4. black baron

Thanks for the link DC

5. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Is there any way this will be done soon?
    Could you make it 1 planet based. And with no real story or scenario.
    And make it skirmish compatable. So that we can have custom games with no limitations.

6. black baron

There is a skeletal mod but all it does is add the 40k races as a civilization and give them a leader(not even a Leaderhead), not much to play but it's a start. this is why i need people to help me mod this. any volunteers would be greatly appreciated.

Here it is:
    http://files.filefront.com/40k+skmzip/;12276132;/fileinfo.html

7. PPQ_Purple

What exacly is needed?
    And how do I instal it? As a modpac?
    Also, I sugjest making it simple. A 1 planet random map thing.
    You could use the "warhammer fantasy battles" mod as a base and just replace the races and units.

8. black baron

right now I'm the only one, that I know of, working on it and I'm only experienced in XML. one of the main things we need is art, or at least someone who'd know how to convert the art from DoW to Civ4. I figure if we take the buildings and units from DoW we can build from there.

Yes you install it like a complete mod; I did it on BtS, just to let you know.

9. PPQ_Purple

Ok, first of all, you should make a section about it in the Civ4 - Project & Mod Development section. And start looking for people.
    Converting the models is less of a problem than actualy extracting them from the game. If you can find anyone that can do it PM me.*found a way
    I took a look at it and here is what I think:
    For now, you should focus on the main races: Imperial Guard, Space Marines (Add the primarchs as leaders), Chaos Marines (scrap the chaos gods as leaders please. Put Warmaster Horus and Abidon the Despoiler.), Orks and that should be it as a start.
    Also, you could use warhammer fantasy battles as a starting platform as they have already worked with things like hapynes modifiers and other things. You could probably use many models from there too (especialy for the orks and the like, they dident change much).
    I also like the way they used chaos: Chaos is 1 religion, you get 5 diferent temples (one for each god and 1 for undivided), but can build only one per city. And each gives you diferent bonuses.

We could first make a mod that works like your attachment, but with compleate leader heads, data, techs, but no pyton changes. I could work out all the civiclopedia entries on my own.
    PS. Can I join your team?

10. black baron

11. PPQ_Purple

I hate the ones that died...
    Let's get started than. Downloading mod tools to extract models now.
    Also, we should use static images rather than leaderhead models. Simply becouse there is a lot of good artwork around there that could be used.

12. black baron

I have pictures for 18/18 of them but not all of them will work because some are of modles others are just too small to keep the detail when enlarged.
    here is the main page to Lexicanum(40k Wiki): http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

13. PPQ_Purple

So I am not the only one to know the Lexicarium.
    But yahoo image searched work too.
    PS, just compleated the 1st prototype export. Still no anims, just for show:
    PPS. I am hawing terible problems runing the SceneViewer to attach animations, it keeps freezing up. We will have to get someone to animate units for us.*fixed most of it.

Attached Files: